Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10171819

Thread: Freddie Mercury

Live at the Rainbow '74 is out and it's F@%king Awesome! if you are a true Queen fan you will def appreciate it, been listening for the past week now

They only had 3 albums out at the time and it's pre-Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You/Champions, etc... but it's the first official release of an early live show in their career and displays their progressive rock beginnings before they became the multi-layered/melodic band the world knows them as today.
    Last edited by Jason; 09-15-2014 at 08:27 AM.

I can't wait till November to buy this..
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Oh man me too, Jerry
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

The MJ duet is pretty shitty, they took demo vocals of MJ where he was basically learning the song and blended it with Mercury's vocal track from his 1985 solo album (Mr. Bad Guy). So MJ just sounds weak and uncertain in his performance. The two also messed around with "State of shock" but MJ brought in Mick Jagger to do the actual recording because Mercury wasn't available anymore. The new Queen track (demo material from the Works era - 1984) is pretty cool though (the highlight of this compilation).

The compilation itself (Queen Forever) isn't about their hits, rather their musical development. A lot of unknown album tracks on there, which is kind of cool for people not that familiar with their body of work.
    Last edited by Jason; 10-03-2014 at 01:37 PM.

The NYC Marathon is being dedicated to Freddie. Wow. What would Freddie Say?

http://www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com/s...0Freddie_11134

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    The NYC Marathon is being dedicated to Freddie. Wow. What would Freddie Say?

http://www.mercuryphoenixtrust.com/s...0Freddie_11134
    He would say "We are the Champions"...........haha..........ok anyway............LOVE LOVE LOVE Freddie. Thanks so much for sharing!

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

That's it FADAddict! However I think I screwed up and the headline is misleading. I think it's just one blogger, but soon someone is running this for Freddie. Awesome! I've gotten in to running over the last few months and I'd love to be there! Especially if Freddie is remembered in some way.

That's it FADAddict! However I think I screwed up and the headline is misleading. I think it's just one blogger, but soon someone is running this for Freddie. Awesome! I've gotten in to running over the last few months and I'd love to be there! Especially if Freddie is remembered in some way.
    Well my lazy butt does not like to run but for Freddie, I would do it. Elvis is hands down my worst obsession. Freddie is a close 2nd. He was so amazing in so many ways. What a huge loss for the music world. Queen was and is "the shiznit"!!!!!!!! I love the band and can't get enough of them.

Agree with you Jason. "There Must Be More To Life Than This" is a sweet little song, Freddie's solo version is great, as is Michael's demo when making allowances for the fact that's it's not a finished piece of music then. The fan mix of them both singing is actually very well done. This new William Orbit release though, it's too heavy, they've autotuned two people who absolutely never needed that monstrosity, and there's a bit too much Queen really, I love Queen to bits but it feels they're trying to make up for the fact that they were never involved in the original song so they've just thrown Brian and a Roger in where it's not entirely necessary.

The Queen remake of Freddie and Giorgio Moroder's "Love Kills" is also very good, but push comes to shove I think I prefer the original. The other track' "Let Me In Your Heart Again", though, that came from nowhere and absolutely blew me away. That voice! It felt like Freddie was alive again for the four minutes duration! They also released an Orbit version of that track though, and again I'm not a fan. Interesting, Brian and Roger expressed subtle disapproval themselves when the tracks were debuted on British radio, the suggestion from some is that Orbit's involvement was a demand of the Michael Jackson estate, certainly history supports the notion Queen overwhelmingly prefer producing themselves.

On a final note, I met Brian May a few weeks ago at a signing and managed to congratulate him personally for LMIYHA. Wonderful track as good as anything they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Introvert View Post
    Agree with you Jason. "There Must Be More To Life Than This" is a sweet little song, Freddie's solo version is great, as is Michael's demo when making allowances for the fact that's it's not a finished piece of music then. The fan mix of them both singing is actually very well done. This new William Orbit release though, it's too heavy, they've autotuned two people who absolutely never needed that monstrosity, and there's a bit too much Queen really, I love Queen to bits but it feels they're trying to make up for the fact that they were never involved in the original song so they've just thrown Brian and a Roger in where it's not entirely necessary.

The Queen remake of Freddie and Giorgio Moroder's "Love Kills" is also very good, but push comes to shove I think I prefer the original. The other track' "Let Me In Your Heart Again", though, that came from nowhere and absolutely blew me away. That voice! It felt like Freddie was alive again for the four minutes duration! They also released an Orbit version of that track though, and again I'm not a fan. Interesting, Brian and Roger expressed subtle disapproval themselves when the tracks were debuted on British radio, the suggestion from some is that Orbit's involvement was a demand of the Michael Jackson estate, certainly history supports the notion Queen overwhelmingly prefer producing themselves.

On a final note, I met Brian May a few weeks ago at a signing and managed to congratulate him personally for LMIYHA. Wonderful track as good as anything they've done.
    Love your avatar! Also, the fact that you posted about Elvis makes you cool!!! Welcome to the forum.

So I heard a rumor that Freddie Mercury was gay. Is that true? Not that it matters. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    So I heard a rumor that Freddie Mercury was gay. Is that true? Not that it matters. Just curious.

Lol!! The coolest gay man to ever grace the stage. Hands down!! Funny ass pic btw.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Lol!! The coolest gay man to ever grace the stage. Hands down!! Funny ass pic btw.
    lol So... you're saying he was gay? ...... "by the way this character i'm playing here is named, 'Guy With Worst Gaydar In The History Of The World'".

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    lol So... you're saying he was gay? ...... "by the way this character i'm playing here is named, 'Guy With Worst Gaydar In The History Of The World'".
    Maybe..................maybe not.

Freddie was not gay, he was bisexual.

I also fail to see the connection between his sexual preferences and his musical genius.

I love the duet of him and MJ. I'd give my right arm to hear him perform together with Elvis though...
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    Freddie was not gay, he was bisexual.

I also fail to see the connection between his sexual preferences and his musical genius.

I love the duet of him and MJ. I'd give my right arm to hear him perform together with Elvis though...
    The last line is the relevant bit

I have nothing against the stuff they did in the 80's. Queen was always an excellent band, but I love Live at the Rainbow '74. I especially liked hear both versions of In the Lap of the Gods.

It has been confirmed that Sacha Baron Cohen will play Freddie Mercury in a Queen biopic.
    The British actor - famous for his controversial roles as Ali G, Borat and Bruno - will also produce, write and direct the film, according to the band's manager Jim Beach.
    Beach announced the news on Thursday night at the Artist & Management Awards at London's Troxy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz3VhWyXwHJ
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

They must have made their differences as SBC had been fired a few years ago from this project. When's it's going to come out?

They must have made their differences as SBC had been fired a few years ago from this project. When's it's going to come out?
    It's not... they were making a "small joke" said Brian May:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...mall-joke.html

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post

I stumbled across this video recently. I had never heard this song and fell instantly in love with it. If you look at the lyrics, this song was obviously written for Freddie. First time I listened to it, I bawled like a baby. RIP Freddie we miss you!

I picked this song to be played at my brothers funeral last year.

Happy Birthday in heaven Freddie!! He'd be 69 today. I always wondered how much more beautiful music he'd be writing had he lived

Happy Birthday Freddie! We still love you!

Jerry, this is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Just lovely... thank you!

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Great find! I saw them in Detroit last July with Adam Lambert. Great show! I'm a lifelong Queen fan and I wish I could have seen them when Freddie was alive but let me tell you, Freddie would so approve of Adam.

24 years without you, Freddie on the 24th. May you be rockin' the place with your beautiful voice, and kicking Jim Hutton's being for revealing the intimate details of your last days for a quick buck. May he never RIP for doing such a thing.

You still rock Freddie!

The music world has never been the same.

We still love you Freddie!

Rumor has it that Freddie was gay....??????.............

Freddie preferred the gay life style, although it's well documented that he had romantic relationships with women, and left his estate to a close female companion.
    Regarding the video, I think it's pretty well established that Brian May is a genius, but each member of Queen brought something powerful to the mix and function of the band. I doubt there will ever be another front man and entertainer like Freddy Mercury. He was a genius in his own right as well, with genius only capped by talent.
    Obviously, whatever his sexual preferences were as they oscillated, his three band mates both loved and respected him.
    Gone but not to be forgotten.