Thread: Girl, 6, Fatally Shot; Father Wounded in Moreno Valley

Girl, 6, Fatally Shot; Father Wounded in Moreno Valley

Authorities have identified a 6-year-old girl who died early Sunday after being shot at a Moreno Valley home.
    Tiana Ricks of Victorville died just after midnight on Sunday, about 2 1/2 hours after being shot in the 25000 block of Harker Lane in Moreno Valley, according to the Riverside County Sheriff-Coroner.
    Her father was also wounded in the attack, relatives told NBC4. The 26-year-old man, whose name was not released, was hospitalized in stable condition, sheriff's officials said.
    Relative LeShawn Cook said Tiana was holding her father's leg when men approached and opened fire.
    Tiana apparently didn't realize she had been shot. The little girl kept asking if her father was OK, Cook said.
    Sheriff's officials would not confirm that the wounded man was the girl's father.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...222899791.html

1236894_10151648293376028_1650135054_n.jpg
    "I am the Master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul"

Women need to be more careful who they leave their children with.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Miho, She was with her birth father at a family because a cousin was going off to college. She wasn't being abused by anyone, from what it sounds like, it could have been gang bangers and she got killed in the cross fire.

An update no arrests so far here is another article with video of the girl and her family holding a vigil for her.

Tyrell Ricks, 26, said Monday that he doesn't know why a man gunned down his 6-year-old daughter.
    He brought the girl, Tiana, to a celebration at a relative's Moreno Valley, Calif. home on Saturday night. One of his cousins was going off to college.
    Tiana told her dad she was thirsty, so Ricks fetched her something to drink and she followed him into the home's open garage, where people gathered.
    About 9:30 p.m., two men stormed up the driveway from the street – one shouted, another opened fire. Bullets smashed holes in the windshield of a car parked in the driveway, struck Ricks' pelvis and fatally wounded Tiana.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...223075371.html

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    She wasn't being abused by anyone, from what it sounds like, it could have been gang bangers and she got killed in the crossfire
    That's what I'm thinking.
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Miho, She was with her birth father at a family because a cousin was going off to college. She wasn't being abused by anyone, from what it sounds like, it could have been gang bangers and she got killed in the cross fire.

An update no arrests so far here is another article with video of the girl and her family holding a vigil for her.

Tyrell Ricks, 26, said Monday that he doesn't know why a man gunned down his 6-year-old daughter.
    He brought the girl, Tiana, to a celebration at a relative's Moreno Valley, Calif. home on Saturday night. One of his cousins was going off to college.
    Tiana told her dad she was thirsty, so Ricks fetched her something to drink and she followed him into the home's open garage, where people gathered.
    About 9:30 p.m., two men stormed up the driveway from the street – one shouted, another opened fire. Bullets smashed holes in the windshield of a car parked in the driveway, struck Ricks' pelvis and fatally wounded Tiana.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...223075371.html
    Oh no I totally agree that she wasn't abused. My first thought was gang bangers and dad was in a gang. If he was that is what I meant by that statement. Dad or not, if he was in a gang his child shouldn't be allowed to be with him. JMO

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

ah okay Miho, I totally agree to that as well. I hope they catch the guys that did it.