Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter "Acujack" Lawford

Here is what the JackPack used at get togethers ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "My dixie wrecked, ... can ya help a brother out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dying Breath View Post
    Here is what the JackPack used at get togethers ...
    GR6-1890
    I may look calm. But in my head, I've killed you three times.

I'm still curious to know what Lawford confessed on his death bed to his wife concerning Marilyn...
    Rudolph Valentino 1895-1926

Don't you think if he confessed something really good she would've sold her story by now though?

Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post
    Don't you think if he confessed something really good she would've sold her story by now though?
    Yep. Remember this was the widow who sold an exclusive to THE ENQUIRER to photograph her disposing of his ashes a year after his death. THE ENQUIRER paid for the whole thing. Loads of interesting stories about the widow. She's a real piece of work.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

He had an affair with Dorothy Dandridge and it seemed they were really in love. The "hole" told her he had to break it off because she was black. Said he couldn't take the hit on his career, because he couldn't afford the loss of money.

Quote Originally Posted by mxwe View Post
    He had an affair with Dorothy Dandridge and it seemed they were really in love. The "hole" told her he had to break it off because she was black. Said he couldn't take the hit on his career, because he couldn't afford the loss of money.
    What an A*sehole
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

She backed off for the same reasons.
    Supposedly he was crazier about him than she (about) him.
    You also have to remember the times.

A couple of celebrities who were of different races going forward with a public romance, then marriage would, well, the closest analogy I can think of offhand that would pertain to now would be if famous celebrities of the same sex came 'out' and announced that they were having a hot romance.

Another who had an affair with her but wouldn't take it further was director OTTO PREMINGER.

PREMINGER directing DOROTHY on
    the set of
    PORGY & BESS

SAMMY DAVIS JR & KIM NOVAK had been in a similiar situation. Her boss HARRY COHN had some muscle corner him and threaten to put out his good eye if he didn't stay away from her. KIM was told that she would be destroyed in the industry if she didn't watch her 'P's & 'Q's and go back to the gutter she came from. (She wasn't from the gutter btw). DAVIS suddenly married a woman who was African American; the marriage lasted a little over a year.

DAVIS
    NYC
    In 1960 DAVIS married blonde Swedish actress MAY BRITT. The two endured death threats & all kinds of shit. This was just 7,8 years after the affair that PETER and DOROTHY had but times were already changing. Besides, though MAY BRITT received good reviews for the remake (of) THE BLUE ANGEL in 1959, she was small potatoes compared to KIM NOVAK in late 50s Hollywood; less of a loss if she became a liability.

MRS. RICHARD BURTON (LIZ), SAMMY, RICHARD
    & MRS. SAMMY DAVIS JR (MAY)
    NYC
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

peter lawford sings the Age of Aquarius circa 1970. as bad as you would guess it to be...and a little creepy.

i love the part where he gets off the beat as he lip synchs. he looks like he is high. and the part where the 'dancers' fondle him seems a little much for tv at that time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BFTM2XKT7A
    Last edited by johnny; 07-17-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

In the early days it appears like he let his career slide to ride the coattail's of others. He seemed out of place with the Kennedys. I remember seeing Chris Lawford on tv saying Peter had given him drugs as a birthday present. The way he sold his out friends for a buck, wonder if he had any real friends left when he died. What a sleazbag.

Nothing much sadder than seeing stars who had some fame and a modicum of class in the recent past trying to look hip and groovy in the Swinging Sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by microsonic66 View Post
    Nothing much sadder than seeing stars who had some fame and a modicum of class in the recent past trying to look hip and groovy in the Swinging Sixties.

agreed. the only thing i thought peter lawford did that was pretty decent was his work in the Columbo series. he played a fairly decent bad guy.

Plus, Peter was on "The Patty Duke Show" for some unknown reason. That's a gold star in his crown right there!

Agreed. I'm sure you're all aware of Otto Preminger's film Skidoo (1968). It must be seen to be believed! I haven't seen it so I can't believe, but here's the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFO-D3TInGg

Btw, this is my first post!

Indeed. One of the ultimate cases is Otto Preminger's film Skidoo (1968). I haven't seen it, but if the film is anything like the trailer, I'm not sure I want to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFO-D3TInGg

Plus, Peter was on "The Patty Duke Show" for some unknown reason. That's a gold star in his crown right there!

ha ha, i guess when he heard he could be on a show with a young teenage lady...

Quote Originally Posted by krais View Post
    Indeed. One of the ultimate cases is Otto Preminger's film Skidoo (1968). I haven't seen it, but if the film is anything like the trailer, I'm not sure I want to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFO-D3TInGg
    Did you read the comment from the person that said they saw it with their grandfather and left in the middle because he just couldn't take it anymore? Probably wasn't one of Ottos' finest.

Welcome to the forum, krais. Glad you're here.
    GR6-1890
    I may look calm. But in my head, I've killed you three times.

I was fourteen when this thing came out, and was more offended at the time watching the stars who were big before the hippy era either trying to be twenty again or be far out and groovy. I have seen much worse, if I can find this, I'll add it to my addled collection. I hope I can find the copy of "Lord Love A Duck" that my roommate had lent me, in its original celophane. It was pretty weird too in its way.

A double post! What a way to start here...

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! I read that after having been unavailable for so long, Skidoo has finally been released on dvd: http://www.amazon.com/Skidoo-Jackie-.../dp/B004WJV70W

I haven't seen Lord Love a Duck either, but the title seems intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    it was lawford of course who is quoted as nancy giving the best head.
    betcha Jackie could also scarf a knob with the best of them.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by krais View Post
    Wow... the trailer is SO bad that I actually walked out in the middle of it! Hard to believe some of the stars would be caught dead doing this horrible drivel! Should have been a career killer right there...

skidoo may be the link between lsd and some suicides.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

I believe I saw a boom mic in the shot with Peter...that trailer nearly caused me to throw up dinner. I'd need some LSD to make it through that crap. Or an Accujack.

That was not a boom mic!

Another thing, if celluloid abominations like "Skiddoo" can be released on DVD, and countless other Z Grade flotsam as well, why can't things like "Whose Been Sleeping My Bed?" starring Dean Martin, Elizabeth Montgomery, and Carol Burnett be released? It's more than entertaining, in spite of reviews. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZWiextZUZk
    Mark of quality throughout the world...

Just finished reading "Peter Lawford: The Man Who Kept the Secrets". It seemed to be very well researched and didn't slant towards a good or bad image for him. I definitely came out of it feeling sorry for him, guy couldn't get his act together and then after the Kennedys were done with him he just went straight to hell in a handbasket. I still think Ole Blue Eyes is a dick, though. Even moreso since reading this book. PS: My grandmother's brother-in-law was a friend of Peter's. He is a source in this book and was with Lawford on the day he found out Kennedy was shot. He now owns a pretty successful business in LA.
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

Lawford came to Australia in the 70s and appeared (extremely drunk) on a tonight show where he sat on the host's knee and performed the kid's part in the old Jolson song "Sonny Boy"

You had to see it to believe it

Unfortunately it's not on YouTube
    Last edited by Bunratty; 05-20-2013 at 09:49 PM.

I just watched a documentary about The Rat Pack and Accujack stories aside, I feel a bit bad for Peter. He was basically a good looking dude who landed a movie contract because he was handsome, could sing and dance a little and memorize lines. I don't think he wanted to be anything more than a movie star who got laid a lot. I think he was probably a decent person despite the fact that his mother was a psycho hose beast and lacked that kill or be killed mentality Hollywood peole need to be and stay successful. Then he got involved with the Kennedys who used him up and spit him out. Same with Sinatra. I can kinda see why Peter derailed years later.

I have the special edition of Rebel Without a Cause and there's a boring ass documentary from the 70s (or 80s?) about James Dean on it that Peter hosted for some inexplicable reason. He looked awful - like an overly tanned lounge lizard who hadn't seen the inside of a barber shop in about three years. It's just painful and embarrassing to see those old stars trying to be groovy. It's like seeing Larry King wear jeans and those Ed Hardy shirts today. Just no.
    Last edited by MagneticElectric; 05-27-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Martha Raye bites him - for real and he gets pissed off - on The Judy Garland Show

Martha Raye bites him - for real and he gets pissed off - on The Judy Garland Show Doing that on TV is what got her hired as the Polident spokesperson ! We won't go into the details about what June Allyson did on TV to get hired as the DEPENDS spokesperson, lol

I so enjoyed his movie Hook line & Sinker(1969)
    with Jerry Lewis.
    At the end he has a swordfish piercing his chest.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

regarding the children of peter lawford did any of his children apart from Christopher did any acting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Just finished reading "Peter Lawford: The Man Who Kept the Secrets". It seemed to be very well researched and didn't slant towards a good or bad image for him. I definitely came out of it feeling sorry for him, guy couldn't get his act together and then after the Kennedys were done with him he just went straight to hell in a handbasket. I still think Ole Blue Eyes is a dick, though. Even moreso since reading this book. PS: My grandmother's brother-in-law was a friend of Peter's. He is a source in this book and was with Lawford on the day he found out Kennedy was shot. He now owns a pretty successful business in LA.
    I just read the book too, wow was his Mother was a piece of work!!??!! She was married and started screwing around with Lawford's father, who just happened to be her husband's boss. She never made any bones about not liking children, it's no wonder Peter had so many issues. After Peter's career took off she went to one of the studio heads and told all kinds of lies about Peter being gay, which could have ended his career. Not such a smart move since he supporter her.