Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: News from Czech death hag

Quote Originally Posted by esquisse View Post
    I'm sorry if I got wrong word for that, I tried to find how it is called and the only thing I found is vice master - it should be like the second place in sport competiton. If there is another word for it that is used more often, I'd be more than to happy to learn that
    Living in Germany, I understood immediately that you meant "Vizemeister", so I didn't even think about it.

In America or in the UK, we would say "second-place team" or "runner up" - something England's national side always falls well short of when the European Cup or the World Cup rolls around.

Cue orchestra:

They're going home, they're going home,
    England's going home . . .!

You be careful out among them English.
    I'm a wobbly, he's a wobbly, she's a wobbly, we're all wobblies - wouldn't you like to be a wobbly, too?
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Living in Germany, I understood immediately that you meant "Vizemeister", so I didn't even think about it.

In America or in the UK, we would say "second-place team" or "runner up" - something England's national side always falls well short of when the European Cup or the World Cup rolls around.

Cue orchestra:

I gather the USA recently missed out on qualification for the upcoming World Cup.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I gather the USA recently missed out on qualification for the upcoming World Cup.
    I wouldn't know, since I only support them if they win.
    So much for "You'll Never Walk Alone" and all that.

Actually, I quite like that song.

I'm a wobbly, he's a wobbly, she's a wobbly, we're all wobblies - wouldn't you like to be a wobbly, too?
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post

Cue orchestra:

I'd be full of self righteous patriotic indignation but you're sadly right.....
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

Radoslav Brzobohaty died today

You know how some people just could read to you a phone book and you'd listen and beg for more? A voice like that had Radoslav Brzobohaty, who died today, just one day before his 80. birthday. One of our most famous actors, unbelievably charismatic man, who starred in many many movies, series and plays. He is probably best known for his role of F.L.Vek, a man, who played a great role in Czech National Revival. Proud Czech patriot Brzobohaty left here his son Ondrej, who is pretty famous actor, singer, moderator and composer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alcohol's bad, m'kay?

Last few days are pretty good example of how booze is bad for your health. 16 people died and unknown number of others are in hospital blind or in critical condition after drinking some alcoholic beverages of unknown origin. Every few hours another life is over because of this poisonous alcohol, among others young mother of two, who drank rarely - she just wanted to celebrate something with her father. Both were found dead by woman's brother...

Whaat? That is so sad What a waste of life.
    "Canada may no longer have the penny but I have plenty of "cents" that is common"- pwem

Last few days are pretty good example of how booze is bad for your health. 16 people died and unknown number of others are in hospital blind or in critical condition after drinking some alcoholic beverages of unknown origin. Every few hours another life is over because of this poisonous alcohol, among others young mother of two, who drank rarely - she just wanted to celebrate something with her father. Both were found dead by woman's brother...
    Nice to see you posting again.

This seems to happen with regularity now. Last year there was that incident in Turkey when some German teenagers on a graduation trip got sick and one of them died after drinking illegally distilled booze that contained wood alcohol.

There was also that wine tampering scandal years ago where an Italian winemaker was discovered to be adding anti-freeze to its wine.

I had a couple of bottles of red wine around that time that tasted sickly sweet and left me and my ex-wife both feeling ill. To this day, I'm convinced that there was probably glycol in there.

Thanks, I'm happy to be here again
    Yep, I don't know why the hell some people cannot leave alcohol alone. Now the season of Federweiser comes and I'm almost scared to buy some. Every year I look forward to this time of year just to get some, and now this. Bad, bad, baaaad...

Thanks, I'm happy to be here again
    Yep, I don't know why the hell some people cannot leave alcohol alone. Now the season of Federweiser comes and I'm almost scared to buy some. Every year I look forward to this time of year just to get some, and now this. Bad, bad, baaaad...

Ah Federweisser and Zwiebekkuchen . . . now I'm hungry and strangely thirsty.

I should say "new wine" and "onion cake", since this is an English-language forum, but those words make it sound so ordinary.

Stop making me to slobber:-D

Another sad incident happened yesterday. 23 years old guy decided to climb on the ouside of the block of flats to 7th floor just to see his girlfriend. Unfortunately, this bad idea was the last of his life, the moment he reached the window of his love, from unknown reason he fell down, right to his death. Darwin's award candidate?

Yes I believe that nominates him for a Darwin award. I am also happy to see you posting again. I've really enjoyed your thread. It is very interesting to read about the events in your country. Especially from an insider such as yourself. Thank you for posting to keep us updated.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

"Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

Thank you, I'm really happy to be here again!

Murder on-line

On Saturday, 64 years old man stabbed to death his 12 years old daughter as a revenge to his wife. The woman, working as a nurse in Saudi Arabia, watched the whole scene online during Skype chat. The terrified woman immediately after her husband told her he is going to stab their daughter called her son to go there and send help, but it was too late, the girl died.
    Reportedly the man was threatening to kill the girl even earlier, but she was too scared of her father to confirm it at the court. The brother of murdered girl confirmed that his mother heard screaming "Mommy, help, he's stabbing me!". Can you imagine watch your own child die like that?

Helloooo, I have something new for you As you may know, I work at a call center for Vodafone. Few whiles ago I was told by a guy which I work with that our coworker was charged today with 6 years for sexual abusing a 12 year old girl. He contacted her on the internet, threating her with kidnapping or hurting her parents, forcing her to get naked and touch herself and masturbate. He told the girl that he's a big mafia boss... Now he says he's sorry, that he was jobless, drunk and feeling depressed. Yesterday he was at work and honestly, I never saw that coming. You never know who you work with... To say the truth, I was a little scared by this case, because now I have a night shift, where we are only two of us here and just today I heard about the arrestment, fortunately, I am here with my girl colleague, lock and (I hope) safe:-)

As long as her name is not Jodi Arias you should be safe.

No, it's okay, she's our little psycho and attacked me only with descriptions of her sex life. I think I'd prefer Jodi...

No, it's okay, she's our little psycho and attacked me only with descriptions of her sex life. I think I'd prefer Jodi...
    Is she cute? I could substitute for you once or twice.

Well, if you have a thing for girls with the voice of alarm horn and mentality of Paris Hilton describing to you how many times she farted during sex or where she ever had herpes... No problem

Well, if you have a thing for girls with the voice of alarm horn and mentality of Paris Hilton describing to you how many times she farted during sex or where she ever had herpes... No problem
    On second thought, I think I'll pass.

You guys are cracking me up!
    "The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse..."

A few days ago, in Frenstat pod Radhostem city, a big explosion wiped out one of the panel houses there. Among five victims were also 3 children - two of them little siblings and one was a girl who died along with her mother and grandmother. Parents of dead siblings were the last ones to see the kids alive, the father (according to his words) could just watch his dying son's legs twitching under big block of concrete from the upper appartment. And all of this because one man felt like having his revenge on neighbours for years of problems - apparently caused by him acting socially unacceptable. Big funerals of victims attended by hundreds of people are over now, but the guy who blocked exits and then let some gas tanks explode will have none. No one of his relatives wants to have anything in common with him and they refuse even to bury him.

Aaaaand another one bites the dust. A 17 years old idiot stole father's car (here in Czech Republic driving car or drinking is allowed since you are 18 years old) and went to his friend's house. They spent the afternoon drinking Vodka and playing Mafia, making a videoblog about it (pretty cringeworthy imo- I watched about a minute or so, couldn't make it longer). The next morning he decided to take the car and enjoy some ride - on the highway at about 200 Kmph. Not only he risked his life and the lives of everyone near him, but he managed to badly hurt one driver after crashing in his car. The death of the 17 years old who burned alive in the car after crash is of course not the result of stupid ideas, alcohol and no brain, but the poor boy is a victim of the terrible violent video game and stupid aggresive police, who, according to some people, didn't have to hunt him down. I really have to say I'm disgusted by these opinions - I play pc games a lot, occasionally I drink, I like horrors, but I never felt like going out and start to killing people. Uh, well, I felt like that sometimes, but I would never really do anything like that. After reading some news, to me it looks like that guy was poor innocent victim of a bad game that made him to drink and act like an a**hole and it wasn't even a car theft, if the car was his father's, he just wanted to go for a ride.
    Btw... I played that particular game too. Not bad, but making me want to play it in the real life? No, thanks.
    And what had that friend, who played the game with our young hero, to say in the tv, you ask? Something about how great a friend he was? About those wonderful things they did together? Nope. He told us all how his dearly departed friend spent the night vomiting in his garbage can...