Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mojo Risin' (Jim Morrison)

I read that Pam slept with his body the few days after his death. The 'undertaker' kept bringing dry ice in.

Also Pam only paid a 30yr lease at Pere Lachaise. The family renewed it and also paid for someone to keep the area clean.

Also there is a man that claims to be Jims son. His name is Cliff Morrison.I have him as a myspace friend. Hes a musician, actually sounds a lil like Jim too. But you kno how that goes, lol. It remains to be seen if he's his son or not. I would think a DNA woulve been done by now.
    ~SinKitty

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    But how do we know if it's really Jim? It may be some deceased French guy who was also buried in that cemetary who wanted to be in the photo.

The face isn't clear - so we can't be sure!
    Clear or not clear, the picture is SPOOKY!!!
    GRANNY DEAD EYE IS MY HERO !

Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    I read that Pam slept with his body the few days after his death. The 'undertaker' kept bringing dry ice in.

Also Pam only paid a 30yr lease at Pere Lachaise. The family renewed it and also paid for someone to keep the area clean.

Also there is a man that claims to be Jims son. His name is Cliff Morrison.I have him as a myspace friend. Hes a musician, actually sounds a lil like Jim too. But you kno how that goes, lol. It remains to be seen if he's his son or not. I would think a DNA woulve been done by now.
    ~SinKitty
    Does he look like Jim at all? Do you have a picture?
    To hell with DNA testing! We "Death Hags" shall decide!!!
    GRANNY DEAD EYE IS MY HERO !

well, his page is www.myspace.com/cliffmorrison
    and heres one

Oh, and another note. He was also in a band with Robby Krieger's (Doors member)son, Waylon Krieger. Also on the Doors website, they have a link to Cliffs music mentioning that he may be Jims son. I havent read it in a while, so Im not sure 'exactly' what it says.
    ~SinKitty

Hes also on youtube. doing interviews. Theres a news story on him that looks pretty old.
    Last edited by SinKittyVixen; 10-10-2007 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added info

Weird, he does sort of have some kind of resemblance there - in the eyes and forehead, and a little in the mouth.

If he thinks he's really his son, I'd be demanding some DNA tests - so he can get cut of Jim's royalties!

I know Jimi Hendrix has a son that lives in Sweden (or was it Germany?) and I'm not sure if the family conceded to that fact or if they are still fighting it out in court - trying to deny the kid his rights to his dad's fortune - and this kid looks a lot like him - altho he's pretty light skinned!

Got this images from a book i bought about 20 years ago called "Rock and Roll Babylon"
    Last edited by dirk diggler; 10-30-2007 at 10:28 PM.

i can definately see a resemblqnce to the lizard king, and his voice is really similar, too. jim has living relatives, so why no DNA test? you would think that would be a given.
    [SIZE=3]Erin[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    i can definately see a resemblqnce to the lizard king, and his voice is really similar, too. jim has living relatives, so why no DNA test? you would think that would be a given.
    Ya, thats what Im thinking. DNA! DNA! Wouldnt that be awesome. He also just got out of prison for drugs.
    ~SinKitty

I hate to be a real buzz kill but at the time of his death, there were reportedly as many as 20 paternity actions pending against the Lizard King. In the end though there were no claims filed against the estate other than the legal action between the Courson family and the Morrison family when Pam died. And as for the claim by Cliff Morrison as being Jim's son, that was proved long ago to be a fraud.

Frankly he looks and sounds more like the offspring of Billy Ray Cyrus.
    (and that is not a compliment)

Ya, I was more on the side of him being a fraud. Being that Jim does have living relatives. Why not do a dna? Wishful thinking, I s'pose .. Thanks for the info! I didnt kno he was proven to be a fraud
    ~SinKitty

Question To HippieMama

[quote=HippieMama;1766]GREAT book . . . whole name is Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison

HippieMama, what is your take on Patricia? I was thinking of getting the book but I am wishy washy on what to think of her, with some articles portraying her as a down to earth person and others depicting her as riding the mojo train, if you know what I mean.

I always thought she was genuine. I know Pam was the party gal....and probably fit in with Jim's lifestyle very well, but Patricia seemed more, well, real...if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Hi Scott - love your site!! Was wondering about the Jim Morrison story in Findadeath - I was always wondering what the Doors office looked like on La Cienega Blvd - is the building still there? Any pics from it?

Here's a pic of the Doors office.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the club death makes more sense. I've liked Jim Morrison and The Doors from the time I was a little girl. As for him being alive, I'm not sure on that one. I do agree that Pamela was somewhat toxic for him.

[size=5]The shocking truth about how my pal Jim Morrison REALLY died[/size]

Police may reopen 36-year-old case after nightclub boss claims rock star was killed by heroin overdose and that drug dealers launched cover-up by moving body
    For more than three decades it has remained one of rock music's most tantalising mysteries.
    Why did Jim Morrison, legendary lead singer of The Doors, suddenly collapse and die in his Paris apartment, aged only 27?
    The official death certificate states he died in the bath of "natural causes".
    But now, in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, a former close friend of the singer says he knows the truth.
    According to Sam Bernett, Morrison died of a massive heroin overdose in the toilet of a nightclub he was managing, the Rock 'n' Roll Circus on the French capital's fabled Left Bank.
    Bernett, 62, a French-born former New York Times journalist, claims the death was then covered up by two drug dealers who transferred Morrison's body from the club to the singer's apartment and dumped it in the bath.
    Bernett was then warned by the club's owners never to tell anybody about what he had seen.
    This extraordinary testament is contained in Bernett's forthcoming book "The End - Jim Morrison" soon to be published in France.
    The allegations are being taken so seriously that they are being examined by the French authorities and may lead to the investigation into Morrison's death being reopened.
    Jim Morrison first arrived in Paris in March 1971. One of the most widely-recognised stars in the world, thanks to hits such as Break on Through and Light My Fire, he had just finished recording what was to become The Door's most popular album, LA Woman.
    He lived a notoriously wild life, abusing both alcohol and drugs, and soon became a regular at the Rock 'n' Roll Circus, a club frequented by the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix.
    It also played host to trapeze artists and, on one memorable occasion, a live tiger and monkeys from a nearby circus.
    In the early hours of 3 July 1971, the underground disco was heaving with 500 revellers, including 24-year-old British siren Marianne Faithfull who had recently split up with Mick Jagger. Morrison, who was living in Paris with his girlfriend Pamela Courson, arrived at about 1am.
    "I greeted Jim as I always did," recalled Bernett from his home in Paris.
    "He didn't look in great form, and immediately went to his usual spot at the bar and ordered a bottle of vodka. He was also drinking beers.
    "I was used to talking about everything with him - from Janice Joplin to the beatniks - but that night it was just a bit of small talk.
    "He'd come in to pick up heroin for Pam. He was always collecting drugs for her and the club was full of dealers."
    According to Bernett, Morrison bought the heroin from two men working for Jean de Breteuil, a French playboy and drug dealer.
    "The dealers who Jim was talking to were well known," said Bernett.
    "Both were French guys in their 20s. I knew what they were up to, and kept an eye out for Jim. He disappeared to the toilets at around 2am.
    "Then, about half an hour later, a cloakroom attendant came up to me and told me someone was locked in one of the cubicles and wasn't coming out. It was then that I got a bouncer to smash the door down.'
    Bernett was met by the sight of Morrison's body, slumped on the toilet
    In his book, he writes: "I recognised the US Army combat jacket and the riding boots from the Camargue region of France which he never took off. It was Jim Morrison, with his head between his knees, his arms dangling.
    "For a few seconds our eyes were glued to the unmoving corpse. We were mesmerised by the baffling spectacle.
    "The flamboyant singer of The Doors, the cool and good-looking Californian guy, was now a collapsed and inert lump lying in a nightclub toilet.
    "Seeing Jim in such a bad way was pretty awful. We were certain he'd been snorting heroin because there was foam coming out of his lips as well as blood. He was scared of needles so never injected drugs. He just snorted them."
    Bernett's first reaction was to send for one of his regular customers, a doctor. The medic, who Bernett refuses to name, "recognised Morrison but kept his cool. Very calmly, and expertly, he examined the body for a few seconds.
    "He pushed Jim's head back, lifted his eyelids, opened his mouth, and fixed his ear to his chest to listen to his heartbeat. He looked for marks and bruises on the body and the arms.
    "It was a quick and professional examination. His diagnosis was very confident: 'This man is dead. Apparently the victim of a cardiac arrest.' The doctor was not stupid and spoke of a lethal overdose."
    In the meantime, Morrison's two "friends" from the bar who had sold him the heroin had arrived. Ignoring the doctor's verdict, they insisted the singer 'had just fainted' and they would take care of him.
    Then, according to Bernett, they lifted Morrison's body out of the toilets and along a corridor that linked the Circus with Alcazar, the club next door which still exists today.
    That was the last Bernett saw of the body but, from Alcazar, he says it would have been easy to place Morrison in a car or van waiting in the small side street outside, and then take the body to the singer's apartment across the river in Rue Beautreillis.
    Minutes after the tragedy, a representative of the club's owner - a well-connected Paris businessman called Paul Pacini still alive, we are trying to get a comment from him] - warned Bernett not to tell anyone what had happened.
    Bernett says: "I was told, "Since Morrison's friends want to take him with them, we have nothing more to do with this story.
    "The club has no responsibility for what happens here. It was a sad accident, certainly, but that's fate. So we saw nothing, we heard nothing, we shut up! OK? It's what we better do to avoid a scandal."
    Bernett adds that he saw little point in calling the emergency services, as he was convinced Morrison was already dead and nothing could be done for him.
    And he says anyone else in the club that night who had an inkling of what went on - including Marianne Faithfull - was also sworn to secrecy.
    Incredibly, after Morrison's body was found in his apartment, no proper investigation into his death was carried out.
    Pamela Courson, Morrison's girlfriend since they were at university together in Los Angeles, swore on oath that her lover had been alive and well the night before.
    She told police they had been to the cinema together and then returned home at 1am - the time Bernett claims Morrison was arriving at The Circus - where she did the washing up and he watched a film, before they retired to bed to listen to music.
    Then, in the middle of the night, Morrison had woken up coughing and she had watched him leave the room to take a bath "and relax".
    Max Vassille, a compliant French doctor, was happy to write off Morrison's demise as "death from natural causes", pointing out that the singer had been suffering from a serious stomach ulcer and asthma attacks after moving from America earlier in the year.
    He ruled that no autopsy was required, as there was "no evidence of foul play".
    Vassille and Pamela Courson have both since died.
    Morrison's official death report, still filed at Paris town hall, has been used ever since to quash countless conspiracy theories ranging from security agency plots to theories that Morrison faked his own death to escape the trappings of fame.
    As for Marianne Faithfull, Bernett says she and Jean de Breteuil left Paris for Morocco the moment they heard about Morrison's death.
    "De Breteuil was Pam's dealer, and had supplied the heroin on the night," said Bernett.
    "He and Marianne immediately packed their bags and headed for Casablanca, where De Breteuil had relatives. They didn't want to hang about.
    "Marianne never mentioned Jim again. She won't talk about what happened in the club to this day."
    The Mail on Sunday contacted Marianne Faithfull but she was unavailable for comment. De Breteuil died of an overdose not long after Morrison.
    Bernett, a former journalist who now presents programmes on French national radio, says he has finally decided to break his silence despite risking prosecution for covering up the death in his club.
    "I was 26 in 1971," he said. "Today, I'm past 60, and want to get rid of my heavy load. At least everything is now out there to be discussed. I've said what I have to say."
    According to French law, criminal cases cannot be reopened after 20 years have lapsed. However, civil law - as well as international law - may provide an opportunity for investigators to re-open the case.
    A spokesman for France's Police National said: "The new evidence will have to be considered.

The club where Jim Morrison allegedly died of a heroin overdose

Sam Bernett alleges that Morrison died of a massive heroin overdose in the toilet of a nightclub he was managing

Talking

Hope the previous link helps! it was in the newspaper a few months ago!

When i was at the hardrock cafe museum (now closed) in florida a couple of years ago...i had the fortune of being close to a pair of jim morrisons leather pants... when the tour guide turned his back - i admit to this naughty gesture.,,,, i touched the groin part of the pants.... well - its the closest i would get to meeting the great man!

[quote=tngirl1967;5627]
    Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    GREAT book . . . whole name is Strange Days: My Life With and Without Jim Morrison

HippieMama, what is your take on Patricia? I was thinking of getting the book but I am wishy washy on what to think of her, with some articles portraying her as a down to earth person and others depicting her as riding the mojo train, if you know what I mean.

I always thought she was genuine. I know Pam was the party gal....and probably fit in with Jim's lifestyle very well, but Patricia seemed more, well, real...if that makes sense.
    Hi
    I think the world of Patricia, she is a very intelligent and successful person who is grounded in her beliefs and passions.
    My opinion on her to be exact is that if Jim would have stayed with her in New York after their handfasting ceremony (a wedding) he could and would have cleaned up and survived. I definitely recommend reading her book that I mentioned above and checking out her blog, she is a truly fascinating person.
    I don't think she had anything at all to gain from her relationship with Jim, she already had a successful career and isn't the kind of gal who would feel the dire need for a man to complete her. She truly loved him for who he was, an intelligent and gentle soul, wounded so very many times. This was something she could recognize, even if others did not.

Sparkles,
    HippieMama

Thanks HippieMama. I'm off to Amazon......
    I got that impression of her too, from what I read of her actual accounts and her writings, and his situation. Sad. But...just wasn't meant to be.
    In all honesty I like reading his poetry as much as listening to the music.

I remember a few years ago on a VH1 special, which I think was called Rock and Roll Mysteries or something like that, they talked about the speculation that Jim might not really be dead, and said his body would be exhumed soon.

Former Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek said even he didn't know if Jim was really dead, and said he would be right there when they dug him up to see if Jim's in his coffin. This aired around 2002, and I've never heard anything else about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronmarco View Post
    Wow, i had never seen the ghosty picture before....pretty cool stuff!! I dug out some of my photos to see if he decided to pop up, but no such luck
    It is really difficult to find his headstone now as jenniferB says, I've been there a few times (the last time being in March 07)

From March 07

From 94, alot easier to find, just follow the Graffitti and the smell of joints!

There is a grave rubbing of his headstone for sale on ebay... pretty cool... $100... you'd need to be a big fan, but it is cool...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jim-Morrison-Doo...QQcmdZViewItem

Susan
    "Why does everything I whip leave me?"
    Homer to the universe-at-large
    The Simpsons Movie

TNpuck Guest
    I love the Doors and Morrison, but let's not mince words, he died a junkie. There is a book about him that's pretty harsh, allegations of bisexuality etc, but it also has a pretty nasty version of his death.

I don't believe his body will ever be exhumed, the conspiracy theory just fuels his legend, but I believe he's dead.

"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection..."

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    My mother actually has a real photograph (unaltered) taken from an airplane and it's of the sky. You can clearly see a figure that looks like Jesus (I will scan it and share soon). You can see his robe, belt, head, hands... now I saw this when I was young and it convinced me that there are spirits out there and that somebody that looked like Jesus (if not Jesus himself) did exist. Based on what I saw with my own two eyes I wouldn't be surprised if this Jim Morrison picture was actually real.

I'd like to see that picture, let us know when it's up!

Here is a link to a virtual tour of the cemetary. http://www.pere-lachaise.com/

"i am the lizard king
    i can do anything

for seven years, i dwelt
    in the loose palace of exile
    playing strange games with the girls of the island
    now, i have come again
    to the land of the fair, and the strong, and the wise
    brothers and sisters of the pale forest
    children of night
    who among you will run with the hunt?
    now night arives with her purple legion
    Retire now to your tents and to your dreams
    Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth
    I want to be ready"

The Biography Channel will air Final 24 about Jim on Ocotber 31, 10:00 P.M. central

Quote Originally Posted by jazzhands View Post
    Has anyone read Patricia (Pam) Kennealys book, Strange Days? It's really interesting and gives a lot more insight to her situation with Jim than anything else I've ever read about the two of them. She has photos of his grave as well, apparently she did some decorating..
    New here...came to this thread almost immediately. I've read Patricia Kennealy's book along with the book Angels Dance and Angels Die about Jim and Pam. I really enjoyed Patricia Kennealy's book and enjoy reading her blog.

There's a mojorisin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did anyone watch Final 24 about Jim on Halloween? What did you think? I had mixed views...none of the musicians from the Doors participated, but it was interesting to hear from roadies (Vince Treanor) and body guards (Tony Fuches).

[quote=magblax;18272]Here is a link to a virtual tour of the cemetary. http://www.pere-lachaise.com/

what a great addition to this thread! thanks for sharing this! makes me want to go...

hi im new here long time lurker first time poster i am glad that i am not weird lol, i like both famous deaths and some really grusome deaths(faces of death anyone? lol)seems to be a cliche statment around here (sorrry!)..but i don't understand why every like this women..this mrs. lizard king??..she is totally riding his coat strings..if he loved her as much as pamela why didn't it come out?..yes i know she was a junkie and all this but you cannot deny that he loved her and they had a bond! and the fact that they both died both makes it tragic and sweet..so you can say the whole situation is romantic..
    Last edited by deathhagcutie; 11-01-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: my post was not very clear lol

Something I found interesting, Dylan Morrison, Jim's nephew reading John Densmore's message at the DOOR's walk of fame in Hollywood, USA http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ5ulrRD_5w , Unfortunately I think Mr Mojo risin is in that hole in France, stupid bugger just like Belushi - what a waste :{

I beg your pardon, his nephew is called Dylan Graham, not Morrison.

Jim Morrison Alive in Southern Oregon

Someone I know who has talked to this guy down in Southern Oregon claims Jim is ready to reveal himself and go out on tour because he misses touring. Wife has pleaded with him not to because she doesn't want to give up life on the ranch with Jim.

http://www.rodeoswest.com/

This actually got some press when it first came out. Nobody believes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post

if that's real....I am speechless....that's......him??? Wow!! weird....scary to say the least

[quote=jazzhands;1897]No problem. The internet is really confusing with death stories and histories about things. Like you said, there's so much misinformation.

....and that's why i come here...seriously...I can't get this stuff anywhere! You guys are the best at satisfying my morbid curiosity....

A few years back Manzeric wrote a book about what Morrison would be like if he was alive today, and he was doing a club tour where he would do a q&a and play Doors songs on his piano, he even had Jim Carroll open up doing spoken word when I saw the show in Boston, read a story about the first time he killed a deer. Anyway someone asked Manzerik if Jim was alive and he was very adament that he was dead and he also trashed the shit out of Oliver Stones movie. Then he called people out of the audience to sing the Doors songs hile he played the piano and I got to do a couple.

Been listening to a lot of Doors lately... anybody pick up "The Very Best Of the Doors"? it seems they either re-mixed these songs or did an AWESOME job re mastering them. Sounds very up to date considering there age... Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

I did buy a remix of "Crystal Ship" off ITunes, and yeah it does sound noticeably richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I did buy a remix of "Crystal Ship" off ITunes, and yeah it does sound noticeably richer.
    I actually bought the entire album off of itunes.. it was like 39 songs (some remixes in there)... I was blown away by the quality. I wish they would do this with a lot of other older bands.

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I actually bought the entire album off of itunes.. it was like 39 songs (some remixes in there)... I was blown away by the quality. I wish they would do this with a lot of other older bands.

Have you got Perry farrell's Satellite Party with the Jim Morisson tune on there?

I'm surprised nobody's asked Perry where Jim's been hiding.

Anyway, here's my favourite pic of Jim doing breaststroke.

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Have you got Perry farrell's Satellite Party with the Jim Morisson tune on there?

I'm surprised nobody's asked Perry where Jim's been hiding.

Anyway, here's my favourite pic of Jim doing breaststroke.

No... I don't see a "Satellite Party" on there... you have an MP3 of it? send it along.

That is a good pic.

i love Jim and i love The Doors.
    He was an artist, his lyrics are pure poetry.
    i own all of their albums, and my father owns 3 of them in vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    i love Jim and i love The Doors.
    He was an artist, his lyrics are pure poetry.
    i own all of their albums, and my father owns 3 of them in vinyl.
    Yeah I must say the opening to "Break On Through" is one of the greatest of all time in my opinion.

[QUOTE=HippieMama;7734]
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirl1967 View Post

Hi
    I think the world of Patricia, she is a very intelligent and successful person who is grounded in her beliefs and passions.
    My opinion on her to be exact is that if Jim would have stayed with her in New York after their handfasting ceremony (a wedding) he could and would have cleaned up and survived. I definitely recommend reading her book that I mentioned above and checking out her blog, she is a truly fascinating person.
    I don't think she had anything at all to gain from her relationship with Jim, she already had a successful career and isn't the kind of gal who would feel the dire need for a man to complete her. She truly loved him for who he was, an intelligent and gentle soul, wounded so very many times. This was something she could recognize, even if others did not.

Sparkles,
    HippieMama
    pleeeeeeese! patricia is NOT a good lady. some of her book is pure illusion. jim did not love her! go to www.thedoors.com, enter forums ,type her name and read about her from ppl who knew jim.
    Last edited by charlesmansonsbabygirl; 02-14-2008 at 12:10 PM.
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

Wasn;t there some infamous "incident" involving Patricia and another chick, when Patricia came out to LA to see Jim? Something about someone being pushed down a flight of stairs? I never got the full story. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Trivia: Stephen King's book The Stand makes mention of one of the characters being convinced he saw Jim at a gas station in TX long after his alleged death.

Gawd, how do I remember this crap but I can't tell you where my car keys or checkbook are at any given time?
    I remember that part! I love that book. I read a book about Jim Morrison when I was in high school, and then bought a few of his albums and had quite a crush on him, even though I knew he was dead!!!

OH god, I love Jim Morrison and the Doors.. Honestly I get non stop shit for it but I cant help it!

Excellent "breast stroke" pic... man he was amazing. Due to the mentions on this forum, I bought and read no one here gets out alive just about a week ago. Amazing.

Jim Morrison was such an amazing artist. But I think he was always only supposed to be with us for a short time. In every picture I have seen of him his eyes are so haunted and lost.
    On the conspiracy theory of whether or not he died in Paris.......Well personaly I think he probably watched his own funeral. Just to see who turned up. No doubt he is long dead now, just not when the records say he did.

ahhh Jim, I keep holdin out hope he appears one day!
    has anyone heard any recent news on the exhumation of his body. i know it won't be moved but i thought it would still be exhumed.
    Lou: You know what? You've got spunk.Mary: Well, yes…Lou: I hate spunk.

Why on earth was JM's drugged-out girlfriend permitted to decide where he was buried anyway? Even if it happened that he wasn't getting along with his family, they usually still have the last word on claiming a body--- unless they simply couldn't afford the whole process.

Also, if he is buried near a place where the ground is wet, and the acid content of the soil is at a certain level, adipocere formation may have been possible, regardless of the container the body was buried in. I sure wouldn't want to check, but even now there may something left. (Wouldn't it be bizarre if they dug him up and found out he'd become one of those "incorruptables"?)