Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 380

Thread: Mr. Mojo Risin' (Jim Morrison)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    The French Police were under the impression that Pam was his wife and therefore gave her the buring right. Also to add to this a few Days before Jim had died he took a walk threw Pere Lachaise and stated to several people that he would like to be buried there.Just my two cents but being as big a Doors fan as iam i could not see Jim placed anywhere else.I mean poets corner in the greatest cemetery in the world.

    regards

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cavdragoon View Post
    The French Police were under the impression that Pam was his wife and therefore gave her the buring right. Also to add to this a few Days before Jim had died he took a walk threw Pere Lachaise and stated to several people that he would like to be buried there.Just my two cents but being as big a Doors fan as iam i could not see Jim placed anywhere else.I mean poets corner in the greatest cemetery in the world.

    regards
    Youre right. She said to Pamela that he would love to be buried there. He loved the place. i think he mentioned Oscar Wilde being buried there....

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    I was playing the Doors yesterday and my girlfriend said Jim Morrison sounds karaoke. I always liked his voice but never considered him an amazing singer but I can't imagine those songs being sung by anyone else.


  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    I think Jim's voice is like that of an old-fashioned crooner. Listen to him on "Touch Me Babe"---

    In an earlier era he would have been singing, "It had to be youuuuuu......"

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    Morrison had a true blues voice all the way. The man is one of the few that could do a old blues tune and make it his own. All you have to do is listen to Backdoor Man or Crawling Kingsnake and you sure get the point. Also Jim could add a scream to a song that sounded as if it came from the pit of Hell.I truely think in my opinion that Morrison was the complete lead singer package.As a side note along with Oscar Wilde in Pere Lachaise there is Balzac,Bernhardt,Chopin,Michel Ney, and the list goes on. What good company for the Lizard King.

    Regards

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rehab
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by cavdragoon View Post
    Morrison had a true blues voice all the way. The man is one of the few that could do a old blues tune and make it his own. All you have to do is listen to Backdoor Man or Crawling Kingsnake and you sure get the point.


    Not without mentioning the timeless classic L.A Woman.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    90

    Live concerts on CD by The Doors

    For those who never had the opportunity to see The Doors live, check out the CDs released on by the by Rhino Handmade.

    http://www.rhinohandmade.com/Browse/browsedoors.lasso

    A few complete concerts, no edits, in great sound. Closest thing to being there (if you close your eyes). Was listening to Live in Detroit just yesterday. Awesome stuff!
    "Remember those posters that said, 'Today is the first day of the rest of your life?' Well, that’s true with every day except one: the day that you die."
    Lester Burnham, American Beauty

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    1,598
    I absolutely adore the doors. Jims voice is well beautiful...whether he is singing or basically reading his poetry - its fantastic. As much as i love the doors - i dont think i would want to watch them perform without jim (same with queen & freddie).

    I didnt mind the fatboy slim remix of bird of prey.
    Anyone heard the doors & snoop doggs riders of the storm...not as bad as it sounds!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    My favorite song for driving is the Doors' nine-minute, incredibly dirty version of "Gloria"--highly recommended.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    1,598
    This did make me giggle - i just remembered it after seeing axl's pic!

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Why on earth was JM's drugged-out girlfriend permitted to decide where he was buried anyway? Even if it happened that he wasn't getting along with his family, they usually still have the last word on claiming a body--- unless they simply couldn't afford the whole process.

    Also, if he is buried near a place where the ground is wet, and the acid content of the soil is at a certain level, adipocere formation may have been possible, regardless of the container the body was buried in. I sure wouldn't want to check, but even now there may something left. (Wouldn't it be bizarre if they dug him up and found out he'd become one of those "incorruptables"?)
    ive read tons on jm. pam and friends didnt want the same hoopala surroudinig jimi and janis' death. pam admitted that jim found her h stash thinking it was coke. he snorted a huge line.....oops od!
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    There has always been rumours of Jims death, and how it happened. I think Jim did not OD on Pams shit as some have claimed. I think that due to the fall Jim had just prior to going to Paris was the main cause. I believe it was at the famous Riot house and Morrison fell from the balconey of the hotel. It is know that he hurt his ribs quite bad and had a consistent cough after this period. Some say that one of his ribs could have pierced his lung. This basicly created a blood clot that travelled to his heart and caused a massive heart attack.This would also acount for the cough. I find it hard to believe that Jim who was so against Pam useing smack would either not know what he was snorting or go to the rock n roll circus to buy it for her.Jim at this point in his life was trying to get his shit together, and i find it funny that he would take up a habit that in the past he was so against.


    Regards

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    If my husband had managed to impregnate me with a boy rather than the gal we had, his name would have been James Douglas. I told my husband that the Catholic hospital we were having our baby at wouldn't put Lizard King on the birth certificate.

    I'm so happy I have a girl.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,575
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    Is that you by Jims grave? If it is let me say that you sure as hell look like the Count that Pam was having an affair with.

    Regards

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,575
    Quote Originally Posted by cavdragoon View Post
    Is that you by Jims grave? If it is let me say that you sure as hell look like the Count that Pam was having an affair with.

    Regards
    That's not me, it's Brandon Lee.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    25
    Wow that does not at first look like Brandon Lee.

    Regards

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,575
    This photo was taken in 1988, when Brandon was 23. It was either before or after the filming of Laser Mission. The film was produced by European (mostly German) production companies, and some of the production work took place in Europe.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  19. #119
    If anyone needs proof that Jim lived beyond his supposed date of death, go find the album "The Phantom's Divine Comedy" by the band of the same name. It was released in, I think, 1973.

    Play the album... listen to the lyrics and listen to the voice. It's Jim. It's his writing style, it's his voice.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    Well, not on ITunes.

    Are you sayin....?

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLazenby View Post
    If anyone needs proof that Jim lived beyond his supposed date of death, go find the album "The Phantom's Divine Comedy" by the band of the same name. It was released in, I think, 1973.

    Play the album... listen to the lyrics and listen to the voice. It's Jim. It's his writing style, it's his voice.
    seriously? you really think he sang on an album and nobody ever figured it out? I will listen though... curious to hear what you are hearing.


  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25

    Lizard

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLazenby View Post
    If anyone needs proof that Jim lived beyond his supposed date of death, go find the album "The Phantom's Divine Comedy" by the band of the same name. It was released in, I think, 1973.

    Play the album... listen to the lyrics and listen to the voice. It's Jim. It's his writing style, it's his voice.


    Is this the same recording that Iggy Pop admitted doing?

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,186
    I the lyrics and music sound like Jim and the voice a little rougher but it does kinda sound like him..God only knows..You can listen to samples on amazon .com just google Phantom's Divine Comedy.
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rehab
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRESTRAITS View Post
    Is this the same recording that Iggy Pop admitted doing?

    Yes, a press release stated it was Iggy.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    The lyrics sound like him, but the voice.... i dont think so.

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Yeah, face it... he died when they said he did.

    ONCE I wish one of these celebrities would actually show up after they were pronounced dead... that would be funny (and illegal I suppose).


  27. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    I was listening today to "April Love," a 50s ballad by Pat Boone. I know.

    But anyway, I was thinking of this thread and was struck by how much he sounded like Jim. My (admittedly lame) point being, if Jim had been born 10 years earlier, he would have been doing that kind of material.

    Or maybe Jim is Pat Boone?

    Never mind.

  28. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post

    ONCE I wish one of these celebrities would actually show up after they were pronounced dead... that would be funny (and illegal I suppose).
    Let's wait another 20 years for Andy Kauffman to show up....

  29. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Let's wait another 20 years for Andy Kauffman to show up....
    That guy came closest to coming back though... his funeral was creepy.


  30. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,186
    Oh I know Jason..really weird! LOL..can you picture people going up to his casket and poking his dead body to make sure it was real? LOL and I know a lot of the funeral scene in Man in the Moon may have been Hollywood but that scene alone was creepy if it's accurate!
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

  31. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    That guy came closest to coming back though... his funeral was creepy.
    yeah, i know.... and i believe that he has a fan club where they discuss the date when he will show up....For F*ck sake!!

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Oh I know Jason..really weird! LOL..can you picture people going up to his casket and poking his dead body to make sure it was real? LOL and I know a lot of the funeral scene in Man in the Moon may have been Hollywood but that scene alone was creepy if it's accurate!
    I think it was somewhat accurate... there were many celebs there that could attest to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    yeah, i know.... and i believe that he has a fan club where they discuss the date when he will show up....For F*ck sake!!
    Is it around the same time L.Ron Hubbard will be returning? that should be something as well!!!


  33. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    794
    I think we'll just have to dig him up and end allthis controversy

    Ahh, Jim. So sexy in his day. yumm..

    Another waste.

  34. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,423
    .

    Life goes on.

  35. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

    Yep! No doubt Jim is dead! I think he would have came back by now and revealed himself if had faked his death?

  36. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,142
    Have always thought that Ian Curtis in Joy Division has something of a Jim Morrison influence going on in his vocals.Also Joy Division can sound Doorish in the Dark moments.

  37. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1

    Pamela Susan Morrison

    Is there an accounting of her funeral or any of the comments by either Morrison's family or Pamela's family regarding her death? Did her family say why she was cremated instead of having a casket?

    Do we know why Morrison never married Pamela?

    Thanks...

  38. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    My favorite song for driving is the Doors' nine-minute, incredibly dirty version of "Gloria"--highly recommended.
    I love this version!!

  39. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Uptown Whittier
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by meggles View Post
    Woo, that's weird!!

    I kept looking for the leather pants though. *swoon* a moment of silence here. Nobody could work a pair of leather pants like Jim. *swoon again*

    Hey, I guess anything's possible!
    Holding that image for a moment.... ahhh ... THANKS... I needed that.

  40. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,841
    Morrison's mother, Clara, died in 2005. His father Admiral George Stephen Morrison is still living, aged 88.

    Whatever happened to the apartment Morrison died in ??

  41. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    Have Jim's siblings ever talked? Probably not.

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    1,417
    i wondered that too about his siblings... you don't hear much from them--but i guess thats better than the other extreme (uhh Janie 'Hendrix' anyone)
    Lou: You know what? You've got spunk.Mary: Well, yes…Lou: I hate spunk.

  43. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    i wondered that too about his siblings... you don't hear much from them--but i guess thats better than the other extreme (uhh Janie 'Hendrix' anyone)

    Janie "who pretends she is jimi's real sister Skank Hendrix."

    I love how she publishes these stories about long talks she had with Jimi, she talked with him what probably 30 minutes total from what I hear.

    Its a shame she got control of the Hendrix estate.

    Now back to Jimi Morrison...sorry for going off topic.

  44. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    232
    Some of his family finally throw in a couple cents' worth in "The Doors" by The Doors. It is actually a pretty cool read, gives a bit of info not in the Sugerman book, and I loved that one (No One Here Gets Out Alive). I'll dig it out and check and see who squawks in it. I think it is his brother that speaks finally.
    I think he's dead. I think Pam was probably who he truly loved and wanted to have everything. I mean he left her everything in his will, and others said she was the true love of his life. Skank...maybe. Bitch...who knows, maybe. Crazy...well probably. But still....I know some strange couples who really do love each other and they are both whacked. I am sure a lot of people don't care for me but I do love my husband and they probably wonder WTF?? Same with my friends, I'm sure alot of them don't care for my husband and wonder WTF?? about why I married him. It happens!
    I just appreciate what he gave us while he was here....and his delivery was the best thing. The crowd control....no one else like him. He took the crowd on a journey controlling them all the way.

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirl1967 View Post
    Some of his family finally throw in a couple cents' worth in "The Doors" by The Doors. It is actually a pretty cool read, gives a bit of info not in the Sugerman book, and I loved that one (No One Here Gets Out Alive). I'll dig it out and check and see who squawks in it. I think it is his brother that speaks finally.
    I think he's dead. I think Pam was probably who he truly loved and wanted to have everything. I mean he left her everything in his will, and others said she was the true love of his life. Skank...maybe. Bitch...who knows, maybe. Crazy...well probably. But still....I know some strange couples who really do love each other and they are both whacked. I am sure a lot of people don't care for me but I do love my husband and they probably wonder WTF?? Same with my friends, I'm sure alot of them don't care for my husband and wonder WTF?? about why I married him. It happens!
    I just appreciate what he gave us while he was here....and his delivery was the best thing. The crowd control....no one else like him. He took the crowd on a journey controlling them all the way.
    What was it Jim Said in the book he liked to "Explore the bounderies to see what would happen?" I think the guy thrived on being a real rebel!

    I believe their is a picture of a drawing Jim did of a penis in a coke bottle or something like that in the book?

    Anyway my friend and I years ago did a copy of it and went to the local mall where they had an elementary school art contest and they had pictures kids did. Anyway we added Jim's penis in the coke bottle artwork on the board and watched peoples reactions. God this would have to be the late 70's?

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    5,061
    My personal opinion (not worth much, I know) is that Jim is definitely dead. It just seems inconceivable to me that he could go anywhere in the world and not be recognized, given his fame, fan base and striking good looks. But think about this: what if he WAS still alive? Can you imagine how much that grave space in Pere Lachaise would go for having been Jim's "mystery resting place" all these years?!

    I'm anxious to read some of the other biographies about Jim that have been mentioned in this thread. I read No One Here Gets Out Alive a long time ago, and I remember thinking to myself that JM sounded like a complete and utter bastard, LOL. He sure enjoyed manipulating people.

  47. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    1,417
    i thought that too--after No One Gets out of Here Alive---that he was very manipulative.

    Hmmm that grave space would be rather expensive if it ever turned out he was not alive.... it's such a huge tourist attraction that that was the reason he was never moved, or part of it anyway.
    Lou: You know what? You've got spunk.Mary: Well, yes…Lou: I hate spunk.

  48. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    My personal opinion (not worth much, I know) is that Jim is definitely dead. It just seems inconceivable to me that he could go anywhere in the world and not be recognized, given his fame, fan base and striking good looks. But think about this: what if he WAS still alive? Can you imagine how much that grave space in Pere Lachaise would go for having been Jim's "mystery resting place" all these years?!

    I'm anxious to read some of the other biographies about Jim that have been mentioned in this thread. I read No One Here Gets Out Alive a long time ago, and I remember thinking to myself that JM sounded like a complete and utter bastard, LOL. He sure enjoyed manipulating people.
    In a way he did. Toward the end he was so consumed with getting his message out and frustrated that he couldn't, he became quite self-centered, IMO. He also seemed to be able to take or leave almost everyone in his life with little or no remorse. Quite unusual. Nothing like the picture painted by those jackasses at rodeowest. Not that they matter. I just like to toss in more differences that I find between Jim's known behavior and who they claim to have there.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 03-21-2008 at 02:46 AM.
    .

    Life goes on.

  49. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Okay I have heard No one ever got to see Jim's body though? Any truth to that?

  50. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    I heard that too. Also that the doctors name on the death certificate didnt exist. Anyone know more on this please?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •