Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mojo Risin' (Jim Morrison)

Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Really? Come on, Axl, spill!! These were things I learned from reading about Jim. I do feel Pamela was responsible for his death, not intentionally, but by accident. No wonder she was a wreck until she died. Hard to live with that on your shoulders.
    My Uncle was quite heavily into the scene back in the day. He was close friends with Chas Chandler. They grew up together, lived their lives around the music scene and finally bought a pair of mansions next door to each other on the cliff tops in Whitley Bay. When I was younger and before my Uncle died I'd visit regularly and be treated to music sessions in his music library, spliffs from his homegrown (much to my father's dismay) and stories about the 'good times'.

According to the pair of them undoubtedly Morrison was at the Circus when he got into trouble. He was removed (barely alive) from the Circus so as not to give the place untoward publicity and to protect the reputations of those left in there. He was taken back to the apartment where they tried to revive him with cold water but obviously were unsuccessful. Everyone but Pamela left, a doctor did visit, Morrison was dead and he is buried in Pere Lachaise.

Having Morrison die at the apartment suited a lot of people as it saved a lot of potential probing but more importantly left all fingers pointing at Pamela. She must have been in pieces anyway and somewhat responsible for exposing Morrison to Heroin and either way it made sense to leave her to deal with the fallout.

Chas was better placed to hear the truth from his connections than my Uncle so I guess the info came from him. It's the version which I believe, it makes more sense to me than the others although there are a couple of other versions of events that do make sense this is the version I always believed. The problem is that without hard evidence everything will always be hearsay. I bet there were thousands of people back then in the industry who 'knew' what exactly happened to Morrison but without Pamela being around to take a lie detector test I guess no one will really be able to say for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Cross View Post
    Is that the plot of the movie?
    What a funny pile of bullshit!
    Please tell me that nobody is taking that seriously.
    Is it that hard to accept that his own lifestyle killed him?
    LOL, it will be a commie plot next!!!!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I love Jim Morrison~ he was totally hot, I have a lot of books about him, I think Patricia Kneeley is a total waste and the hanger on comment was right on....She always gave me the creeps like bad medicine!

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    LOL, it will be a commie plot next!!!!
    LOL. Yeah, I never really understood all of the stories about Jim being alive or him dying of anything other than his own mistakes in life. Yes, there was always something about Pamela that struck me as unusual, but does that mean that she necessarily had something to do with it? I suppose anything is possible, but I personally don't think so, nothing against those who do of course.

It all goes back to the usual "rockstars with unusual deaths at a young age" myths. Courtney killed Kurt, Elvis is still alive and kicking...and so on.

It is such a sad thing that someone like Jim died at such a young age. But looking at how he lived and who he chose to be around (Pamela) is it that far of a stretch to say that he died from such causes? And of course Pamela might not have said everything that she knows, but I don't think she had anything to do with it.

I remember reading not so long ago that Jim's dad,Rear Admiral George S Morrison had passed away.

I read the book No One gets out of here alive. At the end of the book it said that Jim had asthma and was suffering from a respiratory condition. He was coughing and throwing up blood on the night of his death.
    The rest of the band said that Morrison had been coughing up blood 2 months before his death.
    Also when Mr Mojo went to the big stage in the sky he left everything to Pamela Courson. Of course she died 3 years later. Her parents took a case against Morrisons. Basically they said that she was his common law wife and when she died they would be entitled to get.

I read that he had a fall from a balcony on the chateau marmont before he left for paris. There are arguments as to wether he had fractured or just bruised ribs, but either way it could be a contributary factor to his death. Always wished they had performed an autopsy, they don't perform autopsys very often here.
    <a href=https://www.google.com/search?q=im+morrison+dragged+off+stage+by+police&client=firefox-a&hs=gxa&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NK07U4rgO6i70QWM4YCwBQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1525&bih=756&dpr=0.9#channel=fflb&q=jim+morrison+dragged+off+stage+by+police&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=1qGnBjEqV_QWeM%253A%3BBSppeR60eWUKgM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FYKAjpGC.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimgur.com%252Fgallery%252FYKAjpGC%3B500%3B308 target=_blank>https://www.google.com/search?q=im+m...GC%3B500%3B308</a>

Hi I have never posted on the Jim board before, but I felt like I should being such a huge fan. I have enjoyed reading through this board, you guys have lots of interesting info. I truly believe that Jim's lifestyle killed him, I have looked into all the conspiracy theories and I just don't believe it. I would LOVE for him to still be alive somewhere, but I simply don't believe it. His death WAS strange, but only because of the circumstances. There will always be a lot of doubts. Anyway I love his voive especially when he sang Crystal Ship live @ the Matrix. Its my all time fav. His voice was beautiful and haunting. Wish he was still with us so I could here it live!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    That is spooky. But then who knows if someone didn't tamper with the
    photo?
    People can be shits.

Quote Originally Posted by CandiceCat View Post
    Hi I have never posted on the Jim board before, but I felt like I should being such a huge fan. I have enjoyed reading through this board, you guys have lots of interesting info. I truly believe that Jim's lifestyle killed him, I have looked into all the conspiracy theories and I just don't believe it. I would LOVE for him to still be alive somewhere, but I simply don't believe it. His death WAS strange, but only because of the circumstances. There will always be a lot of doubts. Anyway I love his voive especially when he sang Crystal Ship live @ the Matrix. Its my all time fav. His voice was beautiful and haunting. Wish he was still with us so I could here it live!
    Candice Cat I agree with you. Sex, Drugs, and rock and roll I believe
    killed Jim Morrison.
    I read that he used to drink up to 70 beers in one day!
    Now excesses like that will eventually do you in don't ya think?
    It was so weird that so many young rock and rollers were dropping
    like fly's back then.
    And so sad.
    I also read but don't know if it is the truth but it was said that Jim
    Morrison didn't like old people?
    Well he didn't have to worry about getting old.

But regardless Jim Morrison was a hell of a great looking guy and
    had what I believe was the greatest rock song ever recorded!
    Light my fire!

YES he was GREAT looking. So sexy in a way very few celebs are now. I realize now how young he was when he died. I remember when I was like 13 (when I discovered the Doors) he seemed so much older and 27 seemed like such an adult. Now that I am 27 I realize how much you are still learning about yourself at this age. I still feel like a kid. lol He did seem like such an old soul in so many ways though.

There was a short blurb in the Parade in todays Sunday paper asking about any results from any paternity suits that might have been brought against Jim.

The short answer (according to the "Morrison family attorney) is that no claims were ever validated regarding paternity of any children supposed to have been fathered by Jim Morrison.

I still find it hard to believe that there was no autopsy. There will never be a way to know what his cause of death (or manner) was or is.

As for the "heart failure" casue, that always makes me laugh. Everyone dies of heart failure!
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

Thats a very good point Lisa about the heart failure thing. lol I see what you mean. So sad that we will never really know the circumstances surrounding his death. I can see why people speculate so much.
    I always did wonder about the children thing. I can't believe there hasn't been any nuts out there claiming to be his child. You know how that always happens with dead celebs...

Ever hear of Cliff Morrison?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-oRqBmWaoM

Whoooops! Seems as though I spoke to soon. lol Geez, I can't believe I've never heard of this before. Oh yeah and he looks sooo much like Jim. *snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    Ever hear of Cliff Morrison?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-oRqBmWaoM
    Yeah, he's mentioned in earlier in this thread:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...rison#post4966

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    That is spooky. But then who knows if someone didn't tamper with the
    photo?
    People can be shits.
    I read a while ago that the photo has been disproven.

Someone found a photo of Jim from a 16 Magazine or something and he was posing against a wall with a white shirt on and dark pants with his arms outstretched.

They did some sort of overlay of the photos and it was dead on.

I figured that photo had to be too good to be true! I would love to visit his grave someday though. I've heard that is the coolest cemetary in the world. It looks really beautiful.

This is just a thought. My Uncle was a heavy drinker and actually died from esophageal bleeding. This is an excerpt from the Mayoclinic.com:

Serious liver diseases such as cirrhosis can cause a number of complications, including esophageal varices — abnormally enlarged veins in the lower part of your esophagus, the tube that connects your throat and stomach.
    Esophageal varices develop when normal blood flow to your liver is blocked. The blood then backs up into smaller, more fragile blood vessels in your esophagus, and often in your stomach or rectum as well, causing the vessels to swell. Sometimes, esophageal varices can rupture, causing a life-threatening condition.

I'm just saying, with the amount of alcohol he was drinking and the fact that there was no autopsy he could have internally bleed to death due to the above condition. My dad's side of the family were heavy drinkers. My dad also had esophageal bleeding, but never threw up blood. When I got him to the hospital his blood count was 4. It is supposed to be around 14, if I remember correctly (for a man). He was internally bleeding to death. He lived and I got to spend 2 1/2 more years before he passed from liver & lung cancer. I believe the liver cancer was caused from the drinking (cirrhosis). I don't know if I shed any light on this or not. It is just a theory into what might have been the cause of Morrison's death.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    I read a while ago that the photo has been disproven.

Someone found a photo of Jim from a 16 Magazine or something and he was posing against a wall with a white shirt on and dark pants with his arms outstretched.

They did some sort of overlay of the photos and it was dead on.

It is kind of spooky looking, but I figured it had to be fake, I mean, why else would the photo NOT be centered on the subject?...the person and jim's grave are both off to the left and the photo appears to be centered on the "ghost", so why is the photo centered on stuff to the side and back of the subject, if not to add something to that background?

In the hope of finding a reason why they didn't perform an autopsy i looked into the legislation in france for autopsy; if you die on the public highway accidentally or not. If it is death related to a crime (or is suspect). If the body is unidentified. At the request of the family and lastly if it is in the interest of public hygene. IMO the doctor didn't want to make waves. One last thing I always imagined the bath to be a victorian styled 'roll-top', nope, it was just your average bath.
    <a href=https://www.google.com/search?q=im+morrison+dragged+off+stage+by+police&client=firefox-a&hs=gxa&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NK07U4rgO6i70QWM4YCwBQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1525&bih=756&dpr=0.9#channel=fflb&q=jim+morrison+dragged+off+stage+by+police&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=1qGnBjEqV_QWeM%253A%3BBSppeR60eWUKgM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FYKAjpGC.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimgur.com%252Fgallery%252FYKAjpGC%3B500%3B308 target=_blank>https://www.google.com/search?q=im+m...GC%3B500%3B308</a>

I see alot of similarities between Pam and Layne Staley's ex Demri Parrott. Both girls were known for little more than being heroin addicts, being pretty and having long hair. At least Pam did try to do something, with having the boutique but of course that didn't fare well.

I find their relationship very intriguing for some reason

This is Pam right before she died.

Last edited by Grungegirl83; 03-06-2009 at 08:03 PM.

I never knew much about Jim Morrison or the Doors outside of their music, but was rather shocked to learn recently that some people think he's still alive. I never knew there was any dout of that.

I just started reading a book called, "Take A Walk On the Dark Side..." and they have some really interesting coincidences surrounding Jim Morrison and his death. As well as other strange circumstances surrounding the lives and deaths of other rock musicians.
    Too often we excuse those who are willing to build their own lives on the shattered dreams of other human beings.

-Robert F. Kennedy

The circumstances around Jim's death are strange, that's for sure

I just ordered the book Poet In Exile, written by fellow Door Ray Manzarek, Its about Jim faking his death etc and a story about what he would be doing now.I think he writes about Jim living on some island or such.etc..Anyone read it? Hoping its a good read anyway.

All hail the Lizard King! I listen to The Doors every day in the gym. Love them! Jim is a king amongst the rock gods!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLayneStaley1201 View Post
    This thread hasn't been touched in a while. Well, it's July 3rd, y'all know what that means.

RIP Mr. James Douglas, love you and your music lots and I can't believe it's been 38 years.
    yes..
    holy shit..
    is it that time of year again...??
    wow..

God that man is missed..
    38 yrs later...

He died on July 3rd? Wow. I was just talking about my favorite 27's today.
    Rest in peace...

Yep. Brian Jones did too.

Who is your favorite 27?
    Brian Jones died on the 3rd too?!
    Well... I worship them all... but Kurt I know best, and I identify with him the most.
    I believe the 27's were all angels sent down to grace us. All the greats die so damn young..

Yeah! Mad love for Kurt.

Yep, July 3rd is even creepier than April 5th.
    How is it creepier? April 5th is the darkest day there is.

Because it happened so close to together, 2 years apart. Plus, we really don't know if April 5th exists. Their dates of death were *circa* April 5th. Plus, both Brian and Jim died in water. Jim wrote specifically how sad it was for him to see Brian pass and wrote poems about it... about dying in water. Not that this is significant, but both bands were fans of each other.
    Not that April 5th isn't creepy, and it is sad, it's just that July 3rd has more coincidences.
    Do you have any of those poems? Or any articles on Jim feelings about Brian's death? I'm very curious.

Fannnnnk oo' :3

I saw the Doors Movie a few weeks ago, and although he was sexy and talented, he was a bastard! Morrison was not a nice guy.
    I'm a little like Tinkerbell. You know how she'll die if no one claps for her? DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE???!!!!???!!?!?!?!? CLAP!!!!!!!!!!!

He wasn't mean all the time. I honestly think the perception of Jim is made by a combination of a few things 1) Jim was not loved that much as a child - his father beat the hell out of him and said discouraging things, 2) Alcohol and drugs - they can change someone's temperment, and 3) That movie mostly showcased his bad points. It was made to be dramatic. It's Oliver Stone for god sakes! Take everything with a grain of salt. Ray Manzarek never approved of the movie in the first place.

i love Jim and i love Val but i shut it off a good 30-45 into the movie. gave me the eebie jeebies. i hated it and thought it too dark.

"To everything - turn, turn, turn...
    There is a season - turn, turn, turn...
    And a time for every purpose under heaven."

- The Byrds

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i love Jim and i love Val but i shut it off a good 30-45 into the movie. gave me the eebie jeebies. i hated it and thought it too dark.
    Couldn't watch it after 2 scenes -- what a horrible movie! Not Oliver Stone's finest work... Yes, very dark, and quite untrue!
    I completely agree. It was inaccurate and those goofy "acid-shots" gave me motion sickness. I must be a glutton for punishment though. I still ended up buying the damn dvd. LMAO!

Hi! New to the forums but not to FAD.

I am a very huge Doors fan and even named my youngest son after Jim.

It's hard to fathom that 38 years have flown by since his untimely death.

This I found at Coast to Coast Am website.

According to a new book, Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained, researchers have been unable to explain the chilling image captured in Brett Meisner's 1997 photo of Jim Morrison's grave. After extensive analysis of the picture and original negative, photographic experts believe the ghostly image is neither the result of photo manipulation nor a trick of the light. The book concludes the image is 'unexplainable.

Travelling American rock historian Brett Meisner decided, one day in 1997, to stop by his grave at the Père Lachaise cemetery in Paris to pay respects to his hero.

As he did so, he asked his assistant to take a souvenir photograph.

Almost as soon as it as taken, the picture was forgotten.

But five years later, they found it...and noticed something that would shock the world: A chilling image in the background of, what appeared to be, the singer himself.

Crowds of people had been there at the same time - up to 1,000 still visit the singer's grave daily - but nobody else recorded the strange image.

Word quickly spread across the internet. The Morrison ghost photograph became notorious and, keen to know what had happened, Meisner agreed that both the picture and negative should be sent for extensive analysis.
    But, according to a new book, Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained researchers have, to this day, been unable to explain the picture.

A trick of the light has, apparently, been ruled out while image manipulation - the most likely explanation - also appears 'unlikely'.

In fact, the book goes even further, and concludes the image is simply unexplainable.

Whatever the truth, Meisner's life was never the same after the picture was taken.

His marriage broke down and he lost a close friend to a drug overdose - the same thing that killed the Doors legendary frontman.

For his part, Meisner is philosophical.

"Part of me wishes that I never stepped foot into the graveyard in the first place,” he says.

“I’m partly to blame for talking about it in the first place. I should have kept it to myself.

http://sundayexpress.co.uk/posts/vie...-is-NOT-a-fake-#

I read somewhere that there's an identical pic of him somewhere and that it's really just a superimposed image, masquerading as a ghost pic. I also saw the comparison and it looked like a ringer. Can't remember where I saw that though right now.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    This I found at Coast to Coast Am website.

According to a new book, Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained, researchers have been unable to explain the chilling image captured in Brett Meisner's 1997 photo of Jim Morrison's grave. After extensive analysis of the picture and original negative, photographic experts believe the ghostly image is neither the result of photo manipulation nor a trick of the light. The book concludes the image is 'unexplainable.

Travelling American rock historian Brett Meisner decided, one day in 1997, to stop by his grave at the Père Lachaise cemetery in Paris to pay respects to his hero.

As he did so, he asked his assistant to take a souvenir photograph.

Almost as soon as it as taken, the picture was forgotten.

But five years later, they found it...and noticed something that would shock the world: A chilling image in the background of, what appeared to be, the singer himself.

Crowds of people had been there at the same time - up to 1,000 still visit the singer's grave daily - but nobody else recorded the strange image.

Word quickly spread across the internet. The Morrison ghost photograph became notorious and, keen to know what had happened, Meisner agreed that both the picture and negative should be sent for extensive analysis.
    But, according to a new book, Ghosts Caught on Film 2: Photographs of the Unexplained researchers have, to this day, been unable to explain the picture.

A trick of the light has, apparently, been ruled out while image manipulation - the most likely explanation - also appears 'unlikely'.

In fact, the book goes even further, and concludes the image is simply unexplainable.

Whatever the truth, Meisner's life was never the same after the picture was taken.

His marriage broke down and he lost a close friend to a drug overdose - the same thing that killed the Doors legendary frontman.

For his part, Meisner is philosophical.

"Part of me wishes that I never stepped foot into the graveyard in the first place,” he says.

“I’m partly to blame for talking about it in the first place. I should have kept it to myself.

http://sundayexpress.co.uk/posts/vie...-is-NOT-a-fake-#

Looks more like Michael Jackson to me.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

For anyone who cares about doors music, Coast to Coast AM, the radio talk show will be discussing Jim Morrison from birth to his death. They will have Robbie Krieger who was lead guitar player for The Doors as speical guest as he discusses life with Jim Morrison and his gf Pam Courson.

Its a live call in syndicated radio program carried across the US and Canada. This happens this Thursday night. It starts here on the West coast at 10 PM and runs until 2 AM. You may need to check with your local talk radio station on the AM dial to see if the shows carried in your area. Locally here 560 KSFO is the San Francisco affiliate

In case anybody hasn't seen the Stone movie "The Doors," and wants to, it's on Comcast On Demand right now for free.

Re: Jim Morrison maybe still being alive - it's been in the back of my mind since I read Stephen King's "The Stand" years ago. It's a very creepy bit, it always gives me a little shiver when I reread it, and since it's almost Halloween, I'll post it! Here you go:

_____

She asked him, “What do you remember best? What’s the one thing?”

“Well, you know–” he said, and then stopped with a little laugh.

“No, I don’t know, Stuart.”

“It’s crazy.”

“Tell me.”

“I don’t know if I want to. You’ll start looking for the guys with the butterfly nets.”

“Tell me!” She had seen Stu in many moods, but this curious, embarrassed uneasiness was new to her.

“I never told anybody,” he said, “but I have been thinking on it the last couple of weeks. Something happened to me back in 1982, I was pumping gas at Bill Hapscomb’s gas station then. He used to hire me on, if he could, when I was laid off at the calculator plant in town. He had me on part-time, eleven P.M. to closing, which was three in the morning back in those days. There wasn’t much business after the people getting off the three-to-eleven shift at the Dixie Paper factory stopped to get their gas… lots of nights there wasn’t a single car stopped between twelve and three. I’d sit there and read a book or a magazine, and lots of night I’d doze off. You know?”

“Yes.” She did know. In her mind’s eye she could see him, the man who would become her man in the fullness of time and the peculiarity of events, a broadshouldered man sleeping in a plastic Woolco chair with a book open and facedown on his lap. She saw him sleeping in an island of white light, an island surrounded by a great inland sea of Texas night. She loved him in this picture, as she loved him in all the pictures her mind drew.

“Well, this one night it was about quarter past two, and I was sitting behind Hap’s desk with my feet up, reading some Western–Louis L’Amour, Elmore Leonard, someone like that, and in pulls this big old Pontiac with all the windows rolled down and the tapeplayer going like mad, playing Hank Williams. I even remember the song–it was ‘Movin’ On.’ This guy, not young and not old, is all by himself. He was a goodlookin' man, but in a way that was a little scary–I mean, he looked like he might do scary things without thinkin' very hard about em. He had bushy, curly dark hair. There was a bottle of wine snugged down between his legs and a pair of Styrofoam dice hanging from the rearview mirror. He says, ‘High test,’ and I said okay, but for a minute I just stood there and looked at him. Because he looked familiar. I was playin' place the face.”

They were on the corner now; their apartment building was across the street. They paused there. Frannie was looking at him closely.

“So I said, ‘Don’t I know you? Ain’t you from up around Corbett or Maxin?’ But it didn’t really seem like I knew him from those two towns. And he says, ‘No, but I passed through Corbett once with my family, when I was just a kid. It seems like I passed through just about everyplace in America when I was a kid. My dad was in the Air Force.’

“So I went back and filled up his car, and all the time I’m thinkin' about him, playing place the face, and all at once it came to me. All at once I knew. And I damned near pissed myself, because the man behind the wheel of that Pontiac was supposed to be dead.”

“Who was he, Stuart? Who was he?”

“No, you let me tell it my way, Frannie. Not that it isn’t a crazy story no matter what way you tell it. I went back to the window and I says, ‘That’ll be six dollars and thirty cents.’ He gave me two five dollar bills and told me I could keep the change. And I says, ‘I think I might have you placed now.’ And he says, ‘Well, maybe you do,’ and he gives me this weird, chilly smile, and all the time Hank Williams is singin' about goin' to town. I says, ‘If you are who I think you are, you’re supposed to be dead.’ He says, ‘You don’t want to believe everything you read, man.’ I says, ‘You like Hank Williams all right?’ It was all I could think of to say. Because I saw, Frannie, if I didn’t say something, he was just going to roll up that power window and go tooling on down the road… and I wanted him to go, but I also didn’t want him to go. Not yet. Not until I was sure. I didn’t know then that a person is never sure about a lot of things, no matter how much he wants to be.

“He says, ‘Hank Williams is one of the best. I like roadhouse music.’ Then he says, ‘I’m going to New Orleans, going to drive all night, sleep all day tomorrow, then barrelhouse all night long. Is it the same? New Orleans?’ And I say, ‘As what?’ And he says, ‘Well, you know.’ And I say, ‘Well, it’s all the South, you know, although there are considerable more trees down that way.’ And that makes him laugh. He says, ‘Maybe I’ll see you again.’ But I didn’t want to see him again, Frannie. Because he had the eyes of a man who has been trying to look into the dark for a long time and has maybe begun to see what is there. I think, if I ever see that man Flagg, his eyes might look a little like that.”

Stu shook his head as they pushed their bikes across the road and parked them. “I’ve been thinking of that. I thought about getting some of his records after that, but I didn’t want them. His voice… it’s a good voice, but it gives me the creeps.”

“Stuart, who are you talking about?”

“You remember a rock and roll group called The Doors? The man that stopped that night for gas in Arnette was Jim Morrison. I’m sure of it.”

Her mouth dropped open. “But he died! He died in France! He–” And then she stopped. Because there had been something funny about Morrison’s death, hadn’t there? Something secret.

“Did he?” Stu asked. “I wonder. Maybe he did, and the fellow I saw was just a guy who looked like him, but–”

“Do you really think it was?” she asked.

They were sitting on the steps of their building now, shoulders touching, like small children waiting for their mother to call them in to supper.

“Yeah,” he said. “Yeah, I do. And until this summer, I thought that would always be the strangest thing that ever happened to me. Boy, was I wrong.”

Happy Birthday to the Lizard King

Happy 61st. Jimmy. You're still loved and missed.

"Actually I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs."

Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    I saw the Doors Movie a few weeks ago, and although he was sexy and talented, he was a bastard! Morrison was not a nice guy.
    What you saw was Ollie Stone's version of Morrison. People watching the Doors movie saw a caricature of Jim. That was not who he was all the time. He was highly intelligent, soft-spoken, and very shy. Yeah, he might have gotten out of hand when he was drinking, but he was not drunk all the time.

RIP Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    For anyone who cares about doors music, Coast to Coast AM, the radio talk show will be discussing Jim Morrison from birth to his death. They will have Robbie Krieger who was lead guitar player for The Doors as speical guest as he discusses life with Jim Morrison and his gf Pam Courson.

Its a live call in syndicated radio program carried across the US and Canada. This happens this Thursday night. It starts here on the West coast at 10 PM and runs until 2 AM. You may need to check with your local talk radio station on the AM dial to see if the shows carried in your area. Locally here 560 KSFO is the San Francisco affiliate
    Wow, I wish I had seen this post before now. I would have loved to have listened to that!

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post

According to the pair of them undoubtedly Morrison was at the Circus when he got into trouble. He was removed (barely alive) from the Circus so as not to give the place untoward publicity and to protect the reputations of those left in there. He was taken back to the apartment where they tried to revive him with cold water but obviously were unsuccessful. Everyone but Pamela left, a doctor did visit, Morrison was dead and he is buried in Pere Lachaise.
    I saw a brilliant documentary years ago and they spoke to people who were at the club that night and they all agree to a person that the events described above are indeed fact.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I saw a poster of Jim Morrison the other day that said "Jim Morrison American Poet", couldn't agree more. And such a sign of the time, it seems all the icons, both in music, politics etc., so many died so young and in such tradgic ways in that era...Part of me is glad I didn't live back then...to see so many talented, special people die in just a decade or so...What a time...I think many of the people we lost back then has affected us profoundly even today.

RIP Jim

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I saw a brilliant documentary years ago and they spoke to people who were at the club that night and they all agree to a person that the events described above are indeed fact.
    I saw this doc as well. If this scenerio is true ( I certainly believe he either became unconscious or died at the R&R Circus while doing pure heroin) this could rewrite the whole story, implicate a whole lot of people and who knows what else. The whole "dead in the bathtub" could be a complete cover-up. No one knows what happened that night except Jim.

EVERYONE dies of heart failure.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    I saw a poster of Jim Morrison the other day that said "Jim Morrison American Poet", couldn't agree more. And such a sign of the time, it seems all the icons, both in music, politics etc., so many died so young and in such tradgic ways in that era...Part of me is glad I didn't live back then...to see so many talented, special people die in just a decade or so...What a time...I think many of the people we lost back then has affected us profoundly even today.

RIP Jim
    Jim wanted to get away from the whole rock n' roll deal. Before he and Pam left for Paris, he told people he was close to that he wanted to go and live the life of a poet. In Paris, he wasn't recognized very much and loved the anonymity.

It's so sad that the world was robbed of Jim on July 3, 1971. Who knows what he could have accomplished? Or perhaps he could have been an afterthought (thankfully he was not and never will be) in the history of rock and roll.

Also, has anyone ever read the book "Rimbauld and Jim Morrison: The Rebel as a Poet" by Wallace Fowlie? There's some eerie coincidences there. (Rimbauld was one of Jim's favorite poets.)

Just returned from Paris, thought you might enjoy these photos of Jim's grave. At this point in time, they have the entire thing fenced off.

Deacon Blue-
    Great pics! Thanks soo much for sharing. Id love to go there one day myself