Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

The X-Files

I saw the poster for the X-Files movie coming out in the summer. Chris Carter says it will be called "The X-Files - I Want To Believe". I remain an X-Files fan, to this day, have been to X-Files conventions, stuff like that. Love David Duchovny... So, I'm excited about the movie, even though I have yet to look it up on the internet. Anyone else a fan?

I am! I am! I didn't watch it regularly on TV but usually caught it here and there in reruns. You don't know how freakin' long I waited for the prices on the X Files DVD sets to come down to earth. When they finally did, I picked them up for between $17 and $20 a piece. Of course, just before 7-9 were released (in the slim-pack for $20) the company I worked for closed down so I had to put off buying them. It took some time but I found a rather pathetic job and probably can pick them up. And, no, I don't care if they aren't as good as the first 6 seasons I am more of a Gillian Anderson fan myself!

Oh yea! I just got the movie on DVD a month or two ago, too, so I'm looking forward to the new one.

I loved the series and I can't wait for the movie.

They said that the movie won't really follow the mythology that was lain in the series, but it will stand alone by itself.

I loved the series and will see the movie. I was always more a fan of the mythology eps rather than the monster eps. Skinner and Krycek were my favorite characters. I was pissed when they killed Krycek and the Lone Gunmen.

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    I loved the series and will see the movie. I was always more a fan of the mythology eps rather than the monster eps. Skinner and Krycek were my favorite characters. I was pissed when they killed Krycek and the Lone Gunmen.
    Oh, it's been said that some of the old characters, dead and alive, might be popping up. In one of the photos that I've seen, it looks like one of the Lone Gunmen is in it, but it might be another character. There's been no real comment, but so far speculation puts Cigarette Smoking Man and Krycek in the film.

Ater all this time, who knows what they'll come up with. I really don't want him to be looking for his sister for two hours, that was done to death on the series. I saw the actor who played Skinner in person, and oh my god, he was a handsome man!

I loved the series, but i kind of lost interest at the end, with all the conspiracy theory. I liked it a lot more when it was just random stories, it seemed more consistently interesting that way.

I was in high school when it first started and me and my Dad used to watch it together on Friday nights ( I am a geek). We went to see the first movie the day it came out.

David Duchovney was on American Idol last night BTW. I thought that was weird.
    ~You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should~

Im actually looking forward to it! Bring it on smoulder mulder!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    I loved the series, but i kind of lost interest at the end, with all the conspiracy theory. I liked it a lot more when it was just random stories, it seemed more consistently interesting that way.

I was in high school when it first started and me and my Dad used to watch it together on Friday nights ( I am a geek). We went to see the first movie the day it came out.

David Duchovney was on American Idol last night BTW. I thought that was weird.
    I lost interest at the end when Duchovny left and they brought in the metal Terminator Movie guy... but now, I kind of like watching those, because I haven't seen them before. Also, I never bought Scully giving her and Mulder's baby away... She wanted to be a mother 'sooo badly' - I don't care what her reason was, it just pissed me off. I don't watch Idol... Dang, I wish I would have seen that. Sounds very odd indeed. (He may have thought his long lost sister Samantha was a contestant, or maybe Paula was an alien.)

totally excited!
    {but you can kinda tell I guess}

Life's no good without a good scare

Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    totally excited!
    {but you can kinda tell I guess}
    Oh, love it! I have that poster!!!

X-Files is by far one of my all time fav TV series. Own everything on DVD and watch it constantly. Was so excited when I herard about the new movie.
    It will be interesting to see what direction they take with this film. I did hear at one stage that this film would focus a bit on William (Scully and Moulder's son) so they could perhaps do a spin off with him. Not sure if this has any substance or even where I herad it now sorry.
    Either way I will be in that theatre the day it comes out over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I lost interest at the end when Duchovny left and they brought in the metal Terminator Movie guy... but now, I kind of like watching those, because I haven't seen them before. Also, I never bought Scully giving her and Mulder's baby away... She wanted to be a mother 'sooo badly' - I don't care what her reason was, it just pissed me off. I don't watch Idol... Dang, I wish I would have seen that. Sounds very odd indeed. (He may have thought his long lost sister Samantha was a contestant, or maybe Paula was an alien.)

Scully and Mulder deal with William (Scully's baby) in the movie! It's been said that he's not about 7 years old and might have some unusual gifts.

I am pretty sure Paula is an alien LOL
    ~You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should~

Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    Scully and Mulder deal with William (Scully's baby) in the movie! It's been said that he's not about 7 years old and might have some unusual gifts.
    I thought they did a few episodes towards the end of the show that hinted that the baby might have some unique gifts about him. I can't remember if the baby was supposed to be alien or not.

I have seen all the episodes (in order) years ago, but now I am watching them all over again on DVD and up to season 3. Now that Amazon has used copies cheaper I am more apt to buy them all. My TV on DVD collection has gotten way, way out of hand.

What the hell, Xzibit is in it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443701/

I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I thought they did a few episodes towards the end of the show that hinted that the baby might have some unique gifts about him. I can't remember if the baby was supposed to be alien or not.

I have seen all the episodes (in order) years ago, but now I am watching them all over again on DVD and up to season 3. Now that Amazon has used copies cheaper I am more apt to buy them all. My TV on DVD collection has gotten way, way out of hand.

What the hell, Xzibit is in it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443701/

I can't wait!

This is the poster I saw in the theater lobby a few weeks ago! I kept staring at it!!! They both look so good.

I have a ton of VCR tapes from when the show was first on. I wonder if they still work? I should just buy the DVDs. I'm out of work now, so I try to make due with fewer 'comforts'. But, I will see this the first day it's out, probably by myself, then again with my husand when he has time.

Oh, yes... the baby made things fly across the room. He was 'special'.

Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Cool! Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Thanks for posting the link Cindy your awesome.
    I am definately excited now!!!!!!

Oh, it's been said that some of the old characters, dead and alive, might be popping up. In one of the photos that I've seen, it looks like one of the Lone Gunmen is in it, but it might be another character. There's been no real comment, but so far speculation puts Cigarette Smoking Man and Krycek in the film.
    I would love it if that turns out to be true.

The Lone Gunman were so awesome. Loved their Spin Off series. So sad it only lasted 1 season. Own it on DVD and watch it all the time. Their was so much that could have been done with their Characters.
    I cry evrytime I see them die (lol yes I am a big Wuss).

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    I would love it if that turns out to be true.

Carter and Duchovney have both said something to effect that Krycek will be back. As far as the others, nothing's ever certain when it comes to life and death in the X-Files.

Carter and Duchovney have both said something to effect that Krycek will be back. As far as the others, nothing's ever certain when it comes to life and death in the X-Files.
    So true... Same with Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    The Lone Gunman were so awesome. Loved their Spin Off series. So sad it only lasted 1 season. Own it on DVD and watch it all the time. Their was so much that could have been done with their Characters.
    I cry evrytime I see them die (lol yes I am a big Wuss).
    Yeah, that was sad. But they were so brave.

I am a fan and I am looking forward to the film.
    I just got a VHS copy of the pilot and the second episode for like .50 this week.

I taped the last episode on VHS, but I still haven't brought myself to watch it. They screwed the TV series so much in the last few seasons (although, I admit that I really liked Robert Patrick) that I'm almost afraid to sit down and watch it.

I lost interest around the time David left and they brought in Robert Patrick. I like Robert but found his character and the story lines dull.
    I have watched the episodes in reruns and think they are pretty good now.
    I did watch the last 2 episodes of the series though.
    This is what bugs me: some writer said 'This new film will show Scully and Mulder finally kissing!'
    Um, did they not kiss more than once in the show(including the last show?) I swear I saw them kissing. Unless my brain was projecting images onto the tv screen. (I so hope not)

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I lost interest around the time David left and they brought in Robert Patrick. I like Robert but found his character and the story lines dull.
    This is what bugs me: some writer said 'This new film will show Scully and Mulder finally kissing!'
    Um, did they not kiss more than once in the show(including the last show?) I swear I saw them kissing. Unless my brain was projecting images onto the tv screen. (I so hope not)
    Chris Carter DID say that they would never kiss. They did indeed kiss. More than once. They also slept together. And had a baby. Go figure.

I feel the same way about the Robert Patrick episodes, lost interest at the time, but find them interesting now.

I am sooo excited about this movie I can hardly stand it!!! We dragged out our X-files VHS tapes last night. I think we have the first 3 seasons.

I am pretty sure the kid could make the mobile above his crib spin-I can't see people snatching him because of that power.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I think they almost kissed a couple of times, but were alwasy interrupted by one thing or another.

I recently saw the episode with Frank Black(New Year's Eve eisode) They kissed!
    I just do not get how someone in Tv Guide could say they never kissed-ever

Yeah i also am a big fan all the way since episode 1,I remember when i first saw the pilot I thought the Scully character was sorta based on jodie fosters F.B.I. character in the Silence of the lambs[ call me crazy]?But yeah i cant wait to see the movie!! I haven't seen Gillian in anything new in awhile?I guess she deserves the break,not to mention she can afford it

I can not wait! When I first glanced at the poster in the movie theater I thought it was X-men or something

I have tons of those old VHS tapes of the X-Files.

Oh yes, they kissed!

Gillian was doing plays in England last I heard. She looked great in the preview. So did Duchovny!

Oh yes, they kissed!

Gillian was doing plays in England last I heard. She looked great in the preview. So did Duchovny!

Has anyone seen some of the interviews she has given in England?
    Yes, she has spent a great deal of time in her life there,but she was born and I think mainly raised in Michigan.
    Yes, when she goes to the UK-she changes her accent. No a criticism,great actress. I just find it so,well, Madonna-like.

Like others, I lost interest when Duchovny left so haven't seen those episodes.

Did Scully and Mulder have baby?

They had the baby, but I too lost interest... but I watch those 'lost to me' episodes now, and they're kind of interesting. I never believed she would give her baby away, after wanting one so much... didn't seem right. I never bought that part of the mythology.

Here is how geeky I am... I have Mulder's "I Want To Believe" poster in my sewing room. And, I've been to a couple of X-Files conventions (while the show was on the air)... LOL, and you thought being a Trekkie was bad enough.

Oh yes, they kissed!

They did kiss!? Do you remember which episode?

I used to be a huge XF fan, but was really turned off XF by the last two horrible seasons. I only watched the Duchovny episodes, and even those I found painful. It was only the eye candy that kept me there. I'm sure I'll go see the new movie, just because I'll feel compelled to, but I'm not excited about it. I wish I was. XF excitement was lots of fun.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

just wondering if any body knows what the "X-Files Revelations" DVD is that they are selling at the stores..... it says something about being a guide to the movie.....

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Castellano View Post
    I used to be a huge XF fan, but was really turned off XF by the last two horrible seasons. I only watched the Duchovny episodes, and even those I found painful. It was only the eye candy that kept me there. I'm sure I'll go see the new movie, just because I'll feel compelled to, but I'm not excited about it. I wish I was. XF excitement was lots of fun.

Yes, I sort of lost interest in it at the end too. But gosh some of the earlier episodes were good!!!
    Last edited by lab_rat; 07-08-2008 at 12:54 PM.

I'm really looking forward to it...saw the poster last week after coming out of SATC (3rd time!!)....I love me some spooky Mulder...check out youtube for X-Files bloopers, there are hundreds of them. Gillian Anderson (as well as being fab and so pretty) has the dirtiest laugh...I'm amazed they ever finished filming a show, she laughs non-stop!
    Inside me, there's a skinny woman fighting to get out....but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate

just wondering if any body knows what the "X-Files Revelations" DVD is that they are selling at the stores..... it says something about being a guide to the movie.....
    I haven't seen it yet. I wonder if it sort of ties up any loose ends and questions that the series left open.

Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    I haven't seen it yet. I wonder if it sort of ties up any loose ends and questions that the series left open.
    that is what I am wondering....i don't want to buy it and then it is complete crap

that is what I am wondering....i don't want to buy it and then it is complete crap

I wonder if it can be rented?

I have to say I have not been riveted by the trailer. I'm hoping the notoriously secretive Chris Carter is holding back the best of the footage. That being said, I _loved_ the series (minus the last season or so) and really enjoyed the first movie. I will certainly go see for myself!

Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    I wonder if it can be rented?
    i think it was just released today....who knows {off to check netflix}

UPDATE: found nothing on netflix