Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The X-Files

Oh yeah, this was such a great show. For so long, there wasn't a lot out there for those of us who grew up on stuff like Alfred Hitchcock, Twilight Zone and even Kolchak the Night Stalker (does anyone remember that one?) There was Twin Peaks, but that was weird in its own special way

It was so great when X-Files came on and STAYED on! So many shows in the genre seemed to just die out right away, but this one sure had everything it needed to stick around. Good stuff...

I started this thread because we're currently rewatching the show in order with the first movie between seasons five and six I love the humor and funny episodes they mixed in with the serious subjects it talks about
    Last edited by TeddyBear; 02-19-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    I'm not crazy I'm just creatively insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya-chan View Post
    As someone who has seen tons of bloopers from this show I can totally agree. There's some where she just bursts out laughing for no reason, but it's HILARIOUS.

And I agree with whoever said the second movie was a disappointment, especially when you consider that the fans waited TEN YEARS for it. It would've been better to do a mini-series. Or an anime series. ^_^
    That would be me that said the second movie was a disappointment It was sad I was so excited about a second movie coming out but there were only small threads that barely connected it to the rest of the show and first movie I seriously didn't understand or see where the writer's thought it connected to the show as a whole because as far as I could see it presented itself as just another movie instead of a movie that fans had been waiting ten years to see but that's just my opinion

I loved the show! Was hooked by the first episode! Both me and my friend used to drool over smolder mulder! I think the show changed dramatically because of David cutting down how many shows he was doing. The show was brillant with its comedy! David has suggested that the main people are up for doing xfiles again.... lets hope it happens....

Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    I loved the show! Was hooked by the first episode! Both me and my friend used to drool over smolder mulder! I think the show changed dramatically because of David cutting down how many shows he was doing. The show was brillant with its comedy! David has suggested that the main people are up for doing xfiles again.... lets hope it happens....
    Really? They're thinking of bringing X-Files back? Wow I would never have thought they would have thought about doing that let alone actually doing it

I think they need to make one final movie to tie everything up and be done with it already!

I did love the show, but that second movie was just terrible. I remember going to see it opening day; I was horrified.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    I did love the show, but that second movie was just terrible. I remember going to see it opening day; I was horrified.
    I saw it after it came out on DVD and I was so disappointed and yet kind of confused because other then really subtle connections the second movie pretty much had nothing to do with the series and the first movie I just don't get what they were thinking you could set it apart and it would just be thought of as just another movie instead of the final chapter in the X-Files as it was suppose to be thought of as

I loved the series too..lots of fantastic stories and the acting was superb. Of course some of the stories were weak but almost every season there were really strong stories that made you forget the lame ones...

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB1967 View Post
    I loved the series too..lots of fantastic stories and the acting was superb. Of course some of the stories were weak but almost every season there were really strong stories that made you forget the lame ones...
    It was a good mix of strong and soft, serious and funny that's why I love this show so much

Quote Originally Posted by FadingSunshine View Post
    I saw it after it came out on DVD and I was so disappointed and yet kind of confused because other then really subtle connections the second movie pretty much had nothing to do with the series and the first movie I just don't get what they were thinking you could set it apart and it would just be thought of as just another movie instead of the final chapter in the X-Files as it was suppose to be thought of as
    It wasn't supposed to be the final chapter. It was supposed to be a stand-alone movie and then they were going to do a final "colonization" movie and be done with it...not sure if that movie is going to happen or not.

It wasn't supposed to be the final chapter. It was supposed to be a stand-alone movie and then they were going to do a final "colonization" movie and be done with it...not sure if that movie is going to happen or not.
    Oh okay, thank you for correcting me

I saw an episode in Season 5 (I think) in which Kristin Chloke starred called "The Field Where I Died"...very interesting episode dealing with reincarnation. Obviously the title stayed with me..but there are several episodes that stayed with me like that but none that I recall the titles of..well "One Breath", the first one that Gillian was in after the birth of her first child..that one was fantastic aswell.

Oh okay, thank you for correcting me
    I just typed in "The X-Files 3"

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/david...ten-21611.html

Thanks for the info

I made an X-Files social group if anyone wants to join feel free! If you don't want to search through all the goups just go to my profile and look in my social groups section you'll find it there

I made an X-Files social group if anyone wants to join feel free! If you don't want to search through all the goups just go to my profile and look in my social groups section you'll find it there
    Better yet: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/group.php?groupid=115

Thanks -.- what an idiot I am I could have done that but I'm new to this site so I'm still learning

lol! You're not an idiot!

I was hooked! I liked the Lone Gunmen and a particular nemesis of Scully and Mulder, can't remember his character name, but he was played by Nicholos Rea (?)
    RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2008

lol! You're not an idiot!
    lol thanks but i am, i could have figured out to post the link to the group if i had been thinking

Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    I was hooked! I liked the Lone Gunmen and a particular nemesis of Scully and Mulder, can't remember his character name, but he was played by Nicholos Rea (?)
    Give me an idea of what your talking about I don't know all the names of everyone that was in the show so if you gave me like an episode description I might be able to figure out who your talking about

Alex Krychek or however you spell his name and he was played by Nicolas Lea. Wow. I'm a huge geek.

Alex Krychek or however you spell his name and he was played by Nicolas Lea. Wow. I'm a huge geek.
    THAT was his name! Thanks, how could I forget?!
    RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2008

Now I feel stupid -.- I started a thread for the X-Files and there already was one, anyway here's a group for it everyone http://www.findadeath.com/forum/group.php?groupid=115

Well I just finished watching X-Files all the way through the other day so many things I didn't pick up the numerous times I watched it years before! Does anyone know why they stopped the show where they did?
    Last edited by TeddyBear; 03-04-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Well I just finished watching X-Files all the way through the other day so many things I didn't pick up the numerous times I watched it years before! Does anyone know why they stopped the show where they did?
    I think it was mainly due to low ratings. I remember that viewership started to go down around season six and it just went from there. I'm kinda glad that it did because season nine did nothing for me. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Amaya-chan View Post
    I think it was mainly due to low ratings. I remember that viewership started to go down around season six and it just went from there. I'm kinda glad that it did because season nine did nothing for me. =/
    As much as I love the show and am glad they gave an ending to all the stories seaons 8 and 9 weren't they're greatest but thats understood the show had a good long run and I love their funny episodes the most anyway

It's coming back to Fox for a 6 episode run! It's set to begin filming this summer. http://geeknation.com/rumor-new-x-fi...ng-greenlight/

1 a 18098gold_150.jpg

I'm excited about how they are going to do this since Fox and Scully have been on the run for 13 years.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

I never missed that show when it was on - looking forward to it. We'll see how well it has aged I guess. I was infatuated with Gillian - still have a TV guide that I bought just because she was on the cover.
    Throwing feces.

Just. Don't. Do. It.

I just watched the first epi of season one and didn't pick it up again until it was syndicated on FX. It was on every week night at 8pm from start to finish and I watched every single one of them, plus the new episodes on Sunday until it I moved in with Nabo and he had to watch something else at that time. I just recently watched the whole series on Netflix and I will no doubt watch it again soon, especially now that I have a wide screen monitor.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

the last movie was terrible - may have run its course.

it was bad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...Files-was.html
    Last edited by cash; 03-24-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I just watched the first epi of season one and didn't pick it up again until it was syndicated on FX. It was on every week night at 8pm from start to finish and I watched every single one of them, plus the new episodes on Sunday until it I moved in with Nabo and he had to watch something else at that time. I just recently watched the whole series on Netflix and I will no doubt watch it again soon, especially now that I have a wide screen monitor.
    I wanna go wide screen monitor. I use a lap top now and can go to the TV when it's compatible with Momma. I get tired of putting everything at 200% when I am on comp.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

I love mine, Mr. Clean. Wouldn't go back to the regular size.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

I heard there's a new season coming up in 2018 I guess they'd call it season 11? Not that I'd actually call the last one they released a season since it was so short lol these new seasons are a joke for being so short

Call me shallow - but Mulder no longer smolders. Skinner is still hot for his age. Scully has fillers in her face but she's still lovely. I have always preferred the stories about monsters or freaks of nature instead of this UFO/Government Cover up/Conspiracy Theory bullshit.

Love most aspects of X-Files, especially the evolving the Notive Americans and the last few in the series. Two things I didn't like: Skully giving her baby away and I refused to watch the one about the roaches. Ew.

As for Fox smoldering. He was pretty hot in Aquarius. Scully doesn't look right now. And the last time I saw Skinner was on Criminal Minds. He looked the same to me.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by KissingJosh View Post
    Call me shallow - but Mulder no longer smolders. Skinner is still hot for his age. Scully has fillers in her face but she's still lovely. I have always preferred the stories about monsters or freaks of nature instead of this UFO/Government Cover up/Conspiracy Theory bullshit.
    No but we all obviously unfortunately age I was also curious as to why Mulder and Scully had an almost ten year age difference if they were closer in age I think he would still look a little better but there's also factors of how you take care of your body and family genes, if she took the fillers out of her face she'd look much better, and I've always preferred the mosters/freaks of nature stories as you call them as well

Love most aspects of X-Files, especially the evolving the Notive Americans and the last few in the series. Two things I didn't like: Skully giving her baby away and I refused to watch the one about the roaches. Ew.

As for Fox smoldering. He was pretty hot in Aquarius. Scully doesn't look right now. And the last time I saw Skinner was on Criminal Minds. He looked the same to me.
    I always liked it when they involved Native Americans as well I wish they'd done it more, I would have liked to see her keep her baby and the Lone Gunmen live as well

The roaches was a hard one but it also had some humor in it I loved and there were worse ones for me the mother under the bed who had childeren with her sons, and the Indian who entered killed people and exited their bodies if I was more obsessed I'd have the episode titles memorized but I don't lol and I've loved the show since my early teens

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    No but we all obviously unfortunately age I was also curious as to why Mulder and Scully had an almost ten year age difference if they were closer in age I think he would still look a little better but there's also factors of how you take care of your body and family genes, if she took the fillers out of her face she'd look much better, and I've always preferred the mosters/freaks of nature stories as you call them as well

I always liked it when they involved Native Americans as well I wish they'd done it more, I would have liked to see her keep her baby and the Lone Gunmen live as well

The roaches was a hard one but it also had some humor in it I loved and there were worse ones for me the mother under the bed who had childeren with her sons, and the Indian who entered killed people and exited their bodies if I was more obsessed I'd have the episode titles memorized but I don't lol and I've loved the show since my early teens
    Hated this one too. Don't remember the Indian killer epi. Didn't like the one his wife was in. And wasn't there one about a kid who was obsessed with a celeb--Cher comes to mind. It was okay.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

Hated this one too. Don't remember the Indian killer epi. Didn't like the one his wife was in. And wasn't there one about a kid who was obsessed with a celeb--Cher comes to mind. It was okay.
    Oh um..I know her name but I'm going to have to look it up for spelling to make sure I get it right Tea Leoni I've never been a big fan of hers but I love that episode lol it's called "Hollywood A.D." it's one of my all time favorites. That's another favorite of mine "The Post-Modern Prometheus".

And I looked up the Indian one since I had trouble remembering the name since I've never liked the episode it's named "Badlaa" and here's a small description from IMDB "A small Indian man on a creaky cart with powers of illusion is believed to have the ability to take over people's bodies and kill them by leaping into their anal cavity. Doggett and Scully try to stop his gruesome killing spree." Definitely one of their more disgusting episodes I think

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    Oh um..I know her name but I'm going to have to look it up for spelling to make sure I get it right Tea Leoni I've never been a big fan of hers but I love that episode lol it's called "Hollywood A.D." it's one of my all time favorites. That's another favorite of mine "The Post-Modern Prometheus".

And I looked up the Indian one since I had trouble remembering the name since I've never liked the episode it's named "Badlaa" and here's a small description from IMDB "A small Indian man on a creaky cart with powers of illusion is believed to have the ability to take over people's bodies and kill them by leaping into their anal cavity. Doggett and Scully try to stop his gruesome killing spree." Definitely one of their more disgusting episodes I think
    Ew. I most def missed that epi. I would have remembered it. I was disappointed when Mulder disappeared and never cottoned to Doggett. Matter fact I viewed just two or three of his epis during my two times watched and quit the show, unaware Mulder would be back. I did finally watch all of them on the third run. Glad I did.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

Ew. I most def missed that epi. I would have remembered it. I was disappointed when Mulder disappeared and never cottoned to Doggett. Matter fact I viewed just two or three of his epis during my two times watched and quit the show, unaware Mulder would be back. I did finally watch all of them on the third run. Glad I did.
    Yeah it was definitely disappointing when Mulder left but he did come back for the end Doggett wasn't bad but wasn't Mulder but he wasn't suppose to be over the years I've come to like his character and the actor he's another Scully type just more rigid and Reyes was Mulder

Though I didn't love "season" 10 they released was it last year? I always like to see what they'll do with it I'm interested in seeing what they'll do with season 11 and I'm curious to see if they'll make this one longer

Gillian did an interview a few weeks back saying while she hasn't 100% decided, she thinks S11 will be the last for her as the story will have finished the way she wanted it to.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Gillian did an interview a few weeks back saying while she hasn't 100% decided, she thinks S11 will be the last for her as the story will have finished the way she wanted it to.
    If they tie up everything nicely I'd be happy with them finishing up I would have been fine when they ended the series years ago I just didn't like they way they ended it and how they killed the Lone Gunmen off