Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 495

Thread: The X-Files

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,730
    Here's a description of what is on it.

    It is basically 8 episodes critical to fully appreciate the new movie.

    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/07/04/110423.php

    I am sure I have some of them already.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    Here's a description of what is on it.

    It is basically 8 episodes critical to fully appreciate the new movie.

    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/07/04/110423.php

    I am sure I have some of them already.

    good find. i am hoping for the entire series of dvd for my birthday *fingers crossed*

    Life's no good without a good scare

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    Here's a description of what is on it.

    It is basically 8 episodes critical to fully appreciate the new movie.

    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/07/04/110423.php

    I am sure I have some of them already.
    Bummer! I only have 3. The 2 from the first season and "The Host." I thought we had more than that.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Uptown Whittier
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
    They did kiss!? Do you remember which episode?
    I don't remember the name of the episode, but go up a few posts to Hoxhording's post... she mentions which episode it was, they kiss on New Year's Eve. Also, they have a baby together, but that's mentioned when one of the super soldiers admits he was watching them have sex, he said he was surprised that she invited Mulder into her bed. She reacted strongly, maybe to the fact that she had been being watched for so long, or that she had been seen 'with' Mulder. In later episodes, she and Mulder talk about 'their' son. Also, she named the son after Mulder's father...so there was more than kissing going on. In the beginning, Chris Carter was trying to keep the sexual tension going, HE said they would never kiss. But, he was only the creator and writer, what did HE know..LOL. The characters took on their own life apparently.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I don't remember the name of the episode, but go up a few posts to Hoxhording's post... she mentions which episode it was, they kiss on New Year's Eve.

    I believe they kissed in the episode Millennium.
    and of course...in the movie..kind of.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I don't remember the name of the episode, but go up a few posts to Hoxhording's post... she mentions which episode it was, they kiss on New Year's Eve. Also, they have a baby together, but that's mentioned when one of the super soldiers admits he was watching them have sex, he said he was surprised that she invited Mulder into her bed. She reacted strongly, maybe to the fact that she had been being watched for so long, or that she had been seen 'with' Mulder. In later episodes, she and Mulder talk about 'their' son. Also, she named the son after Mulder's father...so there was more than kissing going on. In the beginning, Chris Carter was trying to keep the sexual tension going, HE said they would never kiss. But, he was only the creator and writer, what did HE know..LOL. The characters took on their own life apparently.
    I knew they had the baby, but I didn't realize they actually showed any kissing!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Up on Cripple Creek
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    just wondering if any body knows what the "X-Files Revelations" DVD is that they are selling at the stores..... it says something about being a guide to the movie.....
    Ooooh- I could totally use that! I understand the basic premise of the show but didn't watch is regularly back then. I know it turned out like all wasn't what it seemed, etc. If I could see the DVD before the movie, might make more sense to me.

    Chris Carter & I grew up in the same town. I didn't know him because he was a freshman when I was a senior, but when he talks about his hometown in interviews I can relate.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Uptown Whittier
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    and of course...in the movie..kind of.
    Yeah, I seem to remember a kiss in more than one episode, but it could have been my fantasy run amok.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,730
    I am going to see the movie tomorrow night!!! I am so excited!!!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the bathroom
    Posts
    1,167
    My much older wife (5 days older) and I used to watch X-Files every Friday night back in the day when they had new episodes...

    I can't wait to take her to this movie... And that says alot, considering we never go to the movies!

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    just wondering if any body knows what the "X-Files Revelations" DVD is that they are selling at the stores..... it says something about being a guide to the movie.....

    I didn't look that closely,but it appeared to be certain episodes from the series.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,445
    just got back from the movie. it was ok. had no idea what to expect. and the plot was a little different than what i had heard. overall i give it a 3 out of 5 stars....

    Life's no good without a good scare

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Uptown Whittier
    Posts
    3,910
    My husband keeps telling me that we are going to have to see 'Mama Mia' before 'X-Files'. He's just messing with me.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Yeah, I seem to remember a kiss in more than one episode, but it could have been my fantasy run amok.

    I think they kissed more than once also. Plus, didn't they kiss in the last episode as well?

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I saw the poster for the X-Files movie coming out in the summer. Chris Carter says it will be called "The X-Files - I Want To Believe". I remain an X-Files fan, to this day, have been to X-Files conventions, stuff like that. Love David Duchovny... So, I'm excited about the movie, even though I have yet to look it up on the internet. Anyone else a fan?
    I'm a huge X-Files fan!! I loved the first movie and can watch over and over.

    I'm just afraid that they waited too long to get this movie out. I have a feeling it may not do too well because the show has been out of the mainstream for what...6-7 years now?? Can't believe it's been that long.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    hermitville, USA
    Posts
    475
    Saw it, disappointed.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    I love The X Files! I was young when it started but had a crush on David and I also share the same birthday with Gillian! August 9th! But we werent born in the same year! LOL! I loved the first film and I can't wait to see this film!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,844
    I noticed it appears that either a new X-Files tie-in novel is out in paperback. Either that or they reprinted one of the older ones.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,257
    Someone tell me: how much Skinner? I'll probably wait and get it from Netflix. I loved XF more for Skinner and Krycek.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,445
    Skinner is in it about 5-10 minutes. Sorry

    Life's no good without a good scare

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    Skinner is in it about 5-10 minutes. Sorry
    Thanks. I figured as much, and with no Krycek or Lone Gunmen, I'll definitely wait for Netflix.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    Thanks. I figured as much, and with no Krycek or Lone Gunmen, I'll definitely wait for Netflix.
    i'd say that is not a bad idea. it was *shrugs* ok.

    Life's no good without a good scare

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    2,330
    Saw it..loved it!
    Taking into account the amount of time that has passed, they make allowances for that.
    Not an action movie like the last one, but kind of more once of the psychological thriller types that they did so well in the show.
    Yeah- there are nitpicks. But I liked it, and
    I'm seeing it again!

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,730
    It was OK. It seemed more like an episode than a movie.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    2,330
    yep- saw it again! Liked it better this time!
    ayup.

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jumping Into a Space Vortex
    Posts
    2,806
    I'm going to see that movie tomorrow with my boyfriend. Hopefully, I can start liking it again.
    Didn't know that was a thing...

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    230
    I saw it last nite!..I thought it was really good!It was like seeing ''old friends back together again''?For me gillian looked pretty much the same but David was looking older,guess cause i'm used to seeing him circa 1997? Funny foot note...when the film started,everyone in the audience started to clap.

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind the Orange curtain, CA
    Posts
    1,527
    I came close to seeing it a few times this weekend. I am a big X-Files fan and have most of them on DVD now. I have really been looking forward to the movie, but RottenTomatoes only gave this a 32% rating out of 100! That is pretty bad, even more depressing is that Hancock (2 hours of my life I will never get back) got a higher rating, WTF?

    As an X-Files fan in general, is this movie worth my time and $10.50?

  29. #79
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,730
    Yes.

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    2,330
    Definitely yes.

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    336
    I heard that it bombed at the box office - only $10 Million for the weekend!!!

    You can forget about another X-Files movie. They made a huge mistake waiting so long and then it has hardly been advertised. I think I've only seen one commercial.

    Too bad....I love the show and loved the first movie even more.

  32. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Uptown Whittier
    Posts
    3,910
    I went to see the X-Files movie last weekend. I am a true fan of X-Files, and I really wanted to like it. I liked it as much as I could. I tried my best. It was like visiting old friends - but I was a bit disappointed. And, why didn't they use Skinner more?

    If you go however, after the movie is over, sit through all the credits. Just watch the screen. Trust me, even if you Trust No One.

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,783
    Saw it today. It was Ok but didn't rock my socks off.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    2,330
    If you're a fan, see it twice. You'll get a lot more out of it.

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Uptown Whittier
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    If you're a fan, see it twice. You'll get a lot more out of it.
    Oh, I will. I will.

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160

    Cool The X-Files

    Anyone else love this show??? I'm on Season 6 right now, and I enjoyed alot of the funny eppies from that season, but Seasons 1-5 are the best!!!

    Mulder & Scully are HAWT!

    Your thoughts?

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    I totally love The X Files! I've met Skinner and Alex Kryce too years ago, both Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi are lovely in real life haha. Never really enjoyed season 9 but hey ho, Mulder and Scully love each other and it makes me happy haha. I also loved the new film, it's brill. I hope they make some more soon!

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I totally love The X Files! I've met Skinner and Alex Kryce too years ago, both Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi are lovely in real life haha. Never really enjoyed season 9 but hey ho, Mulder and Scully love each other and it makes me happy haha. I also loved the new film, it's brill. I hope they make some more soon!
    Ooh, I'm so jealous! I love NL and MP. And I loved the X Files until they killed Krycek. Later, not so much. I still watched, but let's face it, the last season sucked.

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    Ooh, I'm so jealous! I love NL and MP. And I loved the X Files until they killed Krycek. Later, not so much. I still watched, but let's face it, the last season sucked.
    Thats so true about the last season, it was bad. Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi were so nice and when I met them, Skinner was shot in an espide just aired in the UK. I told him what happened and he touched his chest and said ' Ouch'' I thought he was really shot haha, so sweet of him. Also I told off Nicholas Lea for being horrible to my heros and he laughed and said ' It's always fun to play a baddie haha'

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I totally love The X Files! I've met Skinner and Alex Kryce too years ago, both Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi are lovely in real life haha. Never really enjoyed season 9 but hey ho, Mulder and Scully love each other and it makes me happy haha. I also loved the new film, it's brill. I hope they make some more soon!
    Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi are HOT HOT HOT!!! I especially found Skinner to be quite hot when he was in the 'Avatar' episode, when he sleeps with that chick, he has a great body.

    And Alex was always a hottie I guess, sometimes even hotter than Mulder...And Mulder was HOT!!!

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi are HOT HOT HOT!!! I especially found Skinner to be quite hot when he was in the 'Avatar' episode, when he sleeps with that chick, he has a great body.

    And Alex was always a hottie I guess, sometimes even hotter than Mulder...And Mulder was HOT!!!
    Mulder was yummy! I loved the fact in the new film Mulder and Scully were together

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Mulder was yummy! I loved the fact in the new film Mulder and Scully were together
    Yeah, but I wanted to see a hot sex scene, they kissed a few times, but it wasn't a full-on makeout scene like the one in the series finale.

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    Yeah, but I wanted to see a hot sex scene, they kissed a few times, but it wasn't a full-on makeout scene like the one in the series finale.
    Thats true! I hoped for a sex scene in the new film, but never happened. My Mum had NO idea they were dating now but she liked it haha

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Thats true! I hoped for a sex scene in the new film, but never happened. My Mum had NO idea they were dating now but she liked it haha
    They could've focused more on their relationship in the movie, fans have been waiting TEN years for the 2nd movie, it could've been better.

    I watched it on an airplane LOL. Maybe I was too cranky and I didn't sleep at all and never went to the washroom not ONE TIME, but I was really annoyed with that whole plot hahaha.


    Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    They could've focused more on their relationship in the movie, fans have been waiting TEN years for the 2nd movie, it could've been better.

    I watched it on an airplane LOL. Maybe I was too cranky and I didn't sleep at all and never went to the washroom not ONE TIME, but I was really annoyed with that whole plot hahaha.
    My Mum missed the aliens and asked why they were left out. I guess they keep us waiting even longer for some action with Mulder and Scully haha

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    My Mum missed the aliens and asked why they were left out. I guess they keep us waiting even longer for some action with Mulder and Scully haha
    LOL, I finished watching season 6 today, so I watched the special features, and they said that "little girls make the best aliens" hahaha, that's so cute isn't it?

    Unless your mom wanted to see ADULT aliens... LMAO!


    Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    LOL, I finished watching season 6 today, so I watched the special features, and they said that "little girls make the best aliens" hahaha, that's so cute isn't it?

    Unless your mom wanted to see ADULT aliens... LMAO!
    She wanted scary aliens to come on and attack people. She didn;t like Billy Connelly in the film, she couldnt stand him!

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    She wanted scary aliens to come on and attack people. She didn;t like Billy Connelly in the film, she couldnt stand him!
    Yeah, I didn't really like him either, didn't he play a molester or something?It just seemed so bizarre, either I didn't GET the movie or I just didn't pay that much attention LOL.

    I think aliens would have been a MUCH more interesting concept than what they actually did...


    Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160





    Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FOREVER 25 BITCHES!!!
    Posts
    6,160





    Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •