Thread: Patrick McDermont - ONJ's Boyfriend

Patrick McDermont - ONJ's Boyfriend

Olivia Newton John's boyfriend. Was he found recently? I know he walked away because he owed back child support, but wtf!?

Don't you just love Olivia? She was my first crush and the one who made me aware that I was "funny". Come on, Xanadu was great!
    peek-a-boo!!

No, they haven't found him yet. I know they THOUGHT he was spotted somewhere at a bar in Mexico some time last year - but it turned out not to be him.

If he's still alive - Olivia isn't talking!

I had heard Olivia and her ex-husband Matt were both Gay.

But I don't really get too much of a "vibe" from her, personally.

I thought she was great in Grease, and my all-time favorite song by her is "Hopelessly Devoted to You".

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    No, they haven't found him yet. I know they THOUGHT he was spotted somewhere at a bar in Mexico some time last year - but it turned out not to be him.

If he's still alive - Olivia isn't talking!

I had heard Olivia and her ex-husband Matt were both Gay.

But I don't really get too much of a "vibe" from her, personally.

I thought she was great in Grease, and my all-time favorite song by her is "Hopelessly Devoted to You".
    I just read 'You'll never sleep in this town again" and one of the call girls had a one nighter with Matt and she raved about how great he was in bed.....covered her in baby oil and then baby powder....all I thought was what a mess...yeah I must be getting old...Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I just read 'You'll never sleep in this town again" and one of the call girls had a one nighter with Matt and she raved about how great he was in bed.....covered her in baby oil and then baby powder....all I thought was what a mess...yeah I must be getting old...Lol!
    LOL! I am old with ya then because I thought the SAME thing when I read that......yuck. I'm not sure that would have sounded sexy to me at any age!

Those books were great! The Hollywood prostitute books...."You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again" and the second one..."Once More With Feeling" They're a who's who of who likes what where! Nome sayin'?
    peek-a-boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Those books were great! The Hollywood prostitute books...."You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again" and the second one..."Once More With Feeling" They're a who's who of who likes what where! Nome sayin'?
    Yeah, those were pretty good. Spilled the beans on quite a few guys in them - everyone from Don Henley, John Ritter, and George Harrison - just to name a few!

I've ALWAYS adored Olivia....from her earliest state fair tours....back when I was young, naive & *believed* that she was the one woman that I was destined for. Maybe Matt Latanzi, her ex, & father of Chloe is straight.....but I now realize that even ONJ couldn't have kept me from being as gay as the locker room at the ice capades! I hope that she's been able to move on from her missing b.f.

I agree with joplinfrk - Xanadu is best. I own it on video, dvd, the soundtract on vinyl x2 & also on CD.

Poor Olivia, it was huge over here in Oz - she is adored!!! and sad that her daughter is stuggling with anorexia too, as well as her cancer, thankfully she won that battle!

Now that your here... in Xanadu

i sat in the movie theaters all day watchin xanadu and grease i had the grease paperback but its gone now

Grease is my all time favorite movie. I remember my friend and I sitting in the theater all day watching it over and over. We new every line. I was able to go to the premiere here in chicago and a sock hop after. I saw siskeland ebert and Olivia. The crowd broke her ribs pushing so she could not stay for the movie or go to the sock hop. I was so disappointed. I did meet Alan CARR and got his autograph. I loved Xanadu too. there also was another movie that she made with Travolta shortly after that I loved too. I can't remember the name.

A place where nobody dared to go
    The love that we came to know
    They call it Xanadu

Oh yeah! The year all the kids in our street got boot rollerskates for Christmas!

Some guy opened up a two level shop front as a skating rink and called it FUNKY CITY. A lawyers dream come true, but this was the early eighties, no such thingas litigation then and broken arms and missing teeth were trophies! Man thats a flashback!
    [SIZE=3]Life is a fatal disease, deal with it![/SIZE]

Two of a Kind was the other movie she made with John Travolta! "Twist of Fate" was the song that was big! I remember that Grease paperback book, with all the pictures! I saw Olivia during the "Physical" tour in 1982!! I think I still have the programme somewhere..Unlike dj (Dennis) I knew what side MY bread was buttered on as soon as I saw the cover of her "Totally Hot" album! Remember her tv special in the 70's with Abba, Andy Gibb, Toni Tennielle and Cliff Richards? Then there was the "Physical" special in 81. Good times!!!
    peek-a-boo!!

I adored Xanadu! I had a big crush on the actor who played ONJ love interested in that(he was also in 'Warriors') I played the soundtrack over and over.
    I suspect my parents want to break it also.*lol*
    I wanted to be ONJ!

Okay - who else (besides me) owns here two video collections that were released on DVD a couple of years ago!! Raise your hand!

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Two of a Kind was the other movie she made with John Travolta! "Twist of Fate" was the song that was big! I remember that Grease paperback book, with all the pictures! I saw Olivia during the "Physical" tour in 1982!! I think I still have the programme somewhere..Unlike dj (Dennis) I knew what side MY bread was buttered on as soon as I saw the cover of her "Totally Hot" album! Remember her tv special in the 70's with Abba, Andy Gibb, Toni Tennielle and Cliff Richards? Then there was the "Physical" special in 81. Good times!!!
    Thanks for the movie title. I still have my grease book! Also I meant to add that I think her boyfriend left so he would not have to pay his debt. The evacuated ONJ from her house today be ause of the fires in Belair

Patrick McDermott, dead? Olivia Newton-John's boyfriend

MSNBC
    Last year, the long-time boyfriend of Olivia Newton-John—a man named Patrick McDermott—disappeared after an overnight fishing trip.The circumstances were odd, and so was the fact that no one reported him missing for nearly two weeks. But what’s probably the strangest thing of all is that so many people believe Patrick McDermott isn’t missing. That he’s alive and well.
    If so, why would he disappear? And, where is he?

Wiki

is a cameraman who was a long time boyfriend of Olivia Newton-John until he disappeared from a fishing charter boat off San Pedro, California, on June 30, 2005. 48-year-old McDermott was a passenger on the fishing boat Freedom which had left from the San Pedro marina for an overnight fishing trip. Twenty-two passengers and three crew members onboard gave contradicting reports of whether he was actually on board or had left at the conclusion of the trip. His absence was apparently unnoticed until July 6 when he failed to attend a family event. An extensive search and investigation has failed to explain the disappearance but the circumstances have fueled speculation that he faked his own suicide.
    McDermott had previously filed for bankruptcy and had received a court order to pay overdue child support to his former wife, actress Yvette Nipar. Nipar and McDermott were married on March 1, 1992 when Nipar was four months pregnant. They divorced 15 months later on June 30, 1993.
    Fox News Network reported on June 4, 2006, that some witnesses claim to have seen McDermott alive and well in Mexico. The prevailing theory is that he in fact died at sea, but many believe that he staged his disappearance in order to avoid court proceedings brought by an ex-wife concerning child support payments.
    McDermott is also half-Korean, and was adopted by an American couple from Korea.

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

I too thought this story was really interesting...it will fascinate me until it's solved. I tend to think he's taking a dirt nap, though.

It is rather odd, it has been covered a fair bit here because of ONJ, I really feel bad for her.

I think he did a runner so he didnt have to pay any further $$$

If he did, what a jerk. If he's fish food, RIP.

This is the oddest story...I don't know what to think. It's just bizarre...

I think he faked it, why would he leave his wallet behind? Sounds too obvious to me.

I think he did a runner, too.

From what I read-the man is in trouble with the law-
    He is probably hiding or maybe her went into hiding and then somehow died. I don't know.

yeah maybe Olivia was this mean nasty woman in private like Joan Crawford and he didnt know how to leave her because she beat him all the time or sang songs from "Grease" as a type of torture so he rented and decided to die rather than hear any more of her songs. Olivia never seemed really distraught over the whole thing when I saw her on TV.
    This is very interesting. I will have to research this some more.

This is such a strange case. I have no idea what to think.

I remember this... I don't know if it will ever be figured out. It always seemed kinda fishy (no pun intended) to me. It wouldn't be the first time someone purposely disappeared, sounded like he had a reason to anyway.
    ♥♥♥

I think he ran...
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    yeah maybe Olivia was this mean nasty woman in private like Joan Crawford and he didnt know how to leave her because she beat him all the time or sang songs from "Grease" as a type of torture so he rented and decided to die rather than hear any more of her songs. Olivia never seemed really distraught over the whole thing when I saw her on TV.
    This is very interesting. I will have to research this some more.
    Maybe she knew he was bad man? She might have been glad to be rid of him. I don't know enough yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    This is such a strange case. I have no idea what to think.
    My sentiments exactly !!

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

He is in Xanadu.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

It seems like he would have had to owe a HELL of a lot of money in child support to do something like that.

I personally always wondered if ONJ actually knows the truth. Just a thought.

He's sippin' margaritas on some island. And without a doubt ONJ knows the exact truth.

I thought i had read somewhere that he was sighted at some hole in the wall resort down in mexico or south america. Very strange story i have been watching for updates, but very little is available
    "Living is not measured in how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!"

Who would run away from Olivia Newton-John!? She was my first love!
    peek-a-boo!!

there was an article on AOL not all that long after he disappeared that there was sightings of him or who they thought could be him...on an island? or something..dam i wish i could find that again..

for fear of being accused of writing a 'hate' message again, i'd like to carefully speculate on the fact that there was confusion whether the man arrived back home, or disembarked, by the people aboard. i get this vibe that he may have fallen over, or slipped himself over the side, and the fact that no one took any notice..
    pull the string!

People still say they've seen the Lonergans from time to time but I say they were fish food long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post
    I thought i had read somewhere that he was sighted at some hole in the wall resort down in mexico or south america. Very strange story i have been watching for updates, but very little is available
    I heard he's been spotted in Hawaii.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Damn, that's crazy. If he's still alive and in hiding somewhere, he's good at it. I wonder what would happen if he's found? He's already been declared dead.