View Poll Results: Do you think these pics are:

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grossley Interesting

23 71.88%
  • A little boring. Need more Gore!

10 31.25%
  • Out Of Order. Should not be shown on this website (Yawwnnnn)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie and Clyde - Warning: Dead Pics!

Bonnie and Clyde - Warning: Dead Pics!

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share my pics of Bonnie and Clyde reposing on the morgue slabs after they were shot to pieces in an ambush.

Check Out the bullet riddled car!

Warning, some of the pics are a little nasty!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is supposedly Dillinger....

BTW- Welcome Morticom!!!

I visited the ambush site last summer in Louisiana. Very deserted area, still to this day.
    In memory of a wonderful actor who left us way too soon - William Holden 1918-1981.

One man on the scene said that as you walked passed the car you could still smell Bonnie's perfume.

Nice pics, thanks Morticom.

Got any more?

Welcome to FAD!

Ewww. Dillinger's got boo-boo's all over.
    Looks like he's sleeping.
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

The one pic of Dillinger....not bad looking a'tall.
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

I love the bonnie and clyde story! I heard he was bi ...ewwww!!! She was such a great poet! I must say her poetry was beautiul for a murdering bitch!

Is Clyde laid out on the embalmers table?

Looks like a tube of sorts is attached to him.

I think there's another thread for these two on this forum.
    Here's a good site with pics http://texashideout.tripod.com/bc.htm

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
    Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee. The world loves you and will see to it that you get the justice you deserve.

i think back in those days 5-O was trigger happy. i think they took the cowards way out by shooting dillinger 100 times and ambushing bonnie and clyde. were the police pussies back then?? that is how it seemed. to me it was no need for it. i think it would have better to arrest, try, and sentence all three. jail would have been better. also we could have learened more about them and why they were like they were.

Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    i think back in those days 5-O was trigger happy. i think they took the cowards way out by shooting dillinger 100 times and ambushing bonnie and clyde. were the police pussies back then?? that is how it seemed. to me it was no need for it. i think it would have better to arrest, try, and sentence all three. jail would have been better. also we could have learened more about them and why they were like they were.

They were "sorted out" just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    One man on the scene said that as you walked passed the car you could still smell Bonnie's perfume.
    *sniffs* a very potent smell that must have been...
    "If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjox View Post
    what???

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjox View Post
    Amen to that TOMMY I agree with you 100%. Who cares how these criminals were taken out or how they looked at the end? They certainly didn't give their victims a second thought. At least the taxpayers didn't have to give their hard earned dollars to support them forever! They got what was coming to them back then.
    Last edited by panda; 05-13-2008 at 03:56 AM.

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
    Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee. The world loves you and will see to it that you get the justice you deserve.

what???
    "You live by the sword you will die by the sword"

Bonnie and Clyde met their demise at the at the hands of a Sheriff and a posse comprised of volunteers. Considering the past history of The Barrow gang, getting a posse together to confront known killers was impressive.
    "Pussies"..............I think not.

As for Dillinger, he did not earn the tittle of "Public Enemy #1" for jay walking.

They were cold blooded killers and they got exactly what they deserved and most likely anticipated.

"Duty is ours, consequences belong to God"
    General Stonewall Jackson
    "Release the wenches.....Pour the Rum"

Hey guys - is this the only thread dedicated to Bonnie & Clyde? Well, I am hoping to go on this tour next month here in Dallas. Thought my fellow hags would be interested to know:

http://www.dallashistory.org/activities/tours.htm

Dillinger and Barrow had both already escaped from prison, and participated in shoot outs with police. The phase "armed and dangerous" could have been coined just for them (and maybe it was).

WOW...interesting negitivity all around. Yes, they were murderers BUT like Jesse James, Dillenger, Capone...they've become folk heroes despite all the terrible things they did. Dillenger I honestly don't believe deserves as much street cred as he got. All the man did was rob banks, he wasn't even technically the leader his gang and the man that died as a result of one of his robberies was an accident. american law back in those days with anyone was "shoot first ask questions later" and we've since learned that is not the way to deal with criminals, that they must be tried and punished as the law sees fit. I'm sure they would've been hung or fried if they actually had a trial but at least it would've been more civil than being shot down by thousands of bullets. All the cops did when they ambushed them was put bonnie and clyde down in the history books as notorious, dangerous and unconvential heroes to a depression era people. Personally I find nothing heroic about being shot down in a blaze of glory but that's how we love to hear the endings of these old time criminals. To me their not heroes but just an interesting set of characters that have a interesting story. It's all just history.

I saw the car used in the movie with Beatty at the Crime Museum in DC.
    Last edited by Dulcinea; 04-22-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

We also saw their signatures signed to the back of a cash register receipt.
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

Thanks, Dulcinea, for the pic of the movie car. I saw it as a teenager in a museum...Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum, as memory serves...which was located in Grand Prairie, Texas. The museum burnt to the ground long ago. I lost track of the car.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Thanks, Dulcinea, for the pic of the movie car. I saw it as a teenager in a museum...Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum, as memory serves...which was located in Grand Prairie, Texas. The museum burnt to the ground long ago. I lost track of the car.
    The museum's still there. Did they rebuild it? I never knew it burned.

A close friend of my late Sister, had numerous items of B&C. This was due to the fact that her grandfather was one of the ambush team. At that time, he was a Texas Ranger, and he was using one of the Thompson sub-machine guns. This friend of my Sister, her family was one of the Texas pioneers and had been involved with a lot of Texas history going back to 1856. The first time that I was fortunate to see some of the B&C items was at the friends Mother and Old Maid Aunt's home. I could not believe the number of scrapbooks and photo albums that were just loaded with photos and reports for the entire time that B&C were doing their thing, up until they were killed and then until they were buried. This was in the mid sixties, and I sort of lost track of their family, but then, the girl was best friends with my Sister, not me. I often have wondered, just where all of that memberobilia is now located? Some of it would be almost priceless. C.

Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    The museum's still there. Did they rebuild it? I never knew it burned.
    I'm 55 and I'm trying to recall from the late 1960's. There was a museum at the site but originally it was not Ripley's, which it changed to in later years. Possibly there was a fire which partially destroyed it but was rebuilt. I do recall visiting the original museum when the movie car was there because I picked up a book in the gift shop written by retired Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry about the JFK assassination. Interested tidbits in that little paperback BTW.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

Time for a remake of the movie.
    Would be interesting to see a different version of it.

There was a "kerfluffle" in the gossip news a little while ago when a rumor went around that Hillary Duff would be playing Bonnie in the remake. Faye Dunaway was certainly NOT pleased.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b993...away_feud.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I believe that was Ted Hinton, one of the members of the ambush posse - he had known Bonnie for a long, long time, since she was a waitress in Dallas, and he was probably a little sweet on her. (He wrote a book about his experiences with Bonnie and Clyde - I recommend it!) At any rate, he stated that after the firing had ended, he opened the door and could smell blood, gunpowder, and a faint hint of Bonnie's cologne. In his book he states that he lifted her up and tried to stand her on her feet, but she was already dead so he placed her back in the car. When I look at photos of Bonnie after the ambush, I'm thinking that he had to have gotten blood ALL OVER HIMSELF when he lifted her up!

Quote Originally Posted by pixiepereira View Post
    Hey guys - is this the only thread dedicated to Bonnie & Clyde? Well, I am hoping to go on this tour next month here in Dallas. Thought my fellow hags would be interested to know:

http://www.dallashistory.org/activities/tours.htm
    This is an awesome site, and I visit here often...

http://bonnieandclydehistory.blogspot.com/

Actually, ambushing Bonnie and Clyde was the only way to take them out. They had been caught too many times before and always managed to shoot their way out; no law enforcement officer would have ever tried to take them in any way other than from ambush. I believe Frank Hamer (one of the ambush posse) stated that they had called a warning to them, but I don't think that any warning was given. It was almost crazy, how afraid the police were of Bonnie and Clyde - even thinking that they would come bursting into Buck Barrow's hospital room where he lay dying to rescue him, although nothing like that ever happened. The police knew that Clyde had almost a sixth sense about traps that were set for him, and many officers had tried to take him and died.

There is a lot of disagreement about whether Bonnie Parker deserved to die, as well - according to Texas law at the time, she was eligible for the death penalty under the "Habitual Criminal" ruling; add to that the fact that she was running with Clyde voluntarily, and that she did participate in criminal activities at least to the extent of loading guns and driving the getaway car at times, and it added up to death for Bonnie as well as Clyde.

Their hats that they were wearing when they died.

Quote Originally Posted by BarefootOkieGal View Post
    This is an awesome site, and I visit here often...

http://bonnieandclydehistory.blogspot.com/

Holy moly!

Thanks for this!

Buck's wife Blanche in custody.

The plaque at the site where they were shot.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Holy moly!

Thanks for this!
    Very glad to share! There are a lot of great photos there, and the discussions get pretty interesting!

I had a elderly family member that said John Dillinger did not kill all the people he was accused of.

I need to go to Indianapolis and get a photo of his grave.

Very glad to share! There are a lot of great photos there, and the discussions get pretty interesting!
    I spent most of the day there!
    Do you know of any photos of Bonnie after her leg injury?

Thanks!

Thanks!
    Here's another site with oodles of photos:

http://mredconviction.blogspot.com/

Bonnie's burns occurred in June of 1933; there was a family gathering in November of that year, I believe, and in those photos she looks especially thin and gaunt - you've probably seen those photos: She's wearing a dark dress and sort of a turban in her hair, and she is so bony and sick-looking, even when she's smiling! After the injury, Bonnie never walked normally again - the burns had drawn her leg up and she could not completely straighten it. In many of the photos taken of her in her last year, Clyde is holding her in the air - that was because she could not comfortably stand. I especially like the photo on the above site inscribed, "Last photo taken of them alive." Clyde is wearing a moustache, which he hadn't worn before (and apparently was not wearing when he was killed) and Bonnie is wearing a frilly little dress that's different from her usual attire - and Clyde is holding her in his arms. I saw the photo in a book I read and it noted that Bonnie and Clyde had never seen this photo of the two of them, as it was developed after they died. They surely did like to pose, though!

In the autopsy report, Bonnie's scars from the burns were noted. There might have been photos of the burns, but I have never run across any of them, although I've surely seen lots of photos of Bonnie and Clyde dead!

Thanks!
    Just found one of the photos I had in mind of Bonnie looking so haggard - I'm pretty sure it's a photo taken in November of 1933, 5 months after she was burned. It's on this site:

It's in the Bonnie Parker section entitled "After her life of crime began," and it's the first photo, titled "Bonnie and her mother." She appears to be leaning on the car, perhaps supported by her mother, and you can see how drawn she appears - and you can also see that her right leg is barely touching the ground.

Very interesting, these photos are great.

Just found one of the photos I had in mind of Bonnie looking so haggard - I'm pretty sure it's a photo taken in November of 1933, 5 months after she was burned. It's on this site:

It's in the Bonnie Parker section entitled "After her life of crime began," and it's the first photo, titled "Bonnie and her mother." She appears to be leaning on the car, perhaps supported by her mother, and you can see how drawn she appears - and you can also see that her right leg is barely touching the ground.

Wow, thanks so much!
    And I LOVE your name! My brother and I always refer to ourselves as "RFO's" (red faced okies)

B and Cs Demise

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!

Ok, just confirmed something!

I THOUGHT that I had seen B & C's death car but then again was it a dream?
    So today I asked my brother who said "Oh yeah, in Reno and it was only cordoned off, we touched it."

And now I remember! It was a real flashback, I could actually envision it as if it were just happening!

I think this was what really made me a death hag.
    And I know I have photos "somewhere" (yikes) I am going to have to dig into them.

I recall that when I was a child, the Bonny and Clyde death car went on a tour of the US. I saw it. I would have been small (less than 10), but I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    I recall that when I was a child, the Bonny and Clyde death car went on a tour of the US. I saw it. I would have been small (less than 10), but I remember it.
    I saw it in Laughlin at the Riverside's classic car museum many, many years ago. There were tons of death hag cars in there.

Happy Fall to all

Wow, what great pictures! And not for nothing, but I loved the style of clothing in the 20's and 30's!

I guess it's tough in our day and age to wrap our minds around the 'folk hero' aspect of Bonnie and Clyde. The Beatty/Dunaway movie certainly romanticized and glamourized them! We're in a recession now, but I can't imagine living during the Great Depression, and how tough folks had it then. I guess B&C were made into folk heroes because they 'stuck it to the man', and the average joe on the dole or having lost their farm & family would have thought them a modern day Robin Hood, even if they didn't actually give the money they stole to the poor.

Bonnie and Blanche were both very pretty.

Talking

[quote=BarefootOkieGal;1070654]Here's another site with oodles of photos:

Awesome site!! Thanks for sharing

[QUOTE=tonysgirl4ever420;1073278]
    Here's another site with oodles of photos:

Awesome site!! Thanks for sharing
    Always happy to share - I'm a B&C fan! My mom and her family grew up in Oklahoma in the 30's (her siblings were born from 1909 to 1934!) and they always talked about the gangsters from that era - one of my aunts actually saw Pretty Boy Floyd in Talequah in about 1933 or so, and when she whispered to my grandma, my grandma just told her to mind her own business, and that everyone's got a right to buy groceries without being pestered!

Here's another good site for photos - don't know if there are any here that aren't on the other site, but still...

http://picasaweb.google.com/awinwood...storyBlogspot#

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Wow, what great pictures! And not for nothing, but I loved the style of clothing in the 20's and 30's!

I guess it's tough in our day and age to wrap our minds around the 'folk hero' aspect of Bonnie and Clyde. The Beatty/Dunaway movie certainly romanticized and glamourized them! We're in a recession now, but I can't imagine living during the Great Depression, and how tough folks had it then. I guess B&C were made into folk heroes because they 'stuck it to the man', and the average joe on the dole or having lost their farm & family would have thought them a modern day Robin Hood, even if they didn't actually give the money they stole to the poor.

Bonnie and Blanche were both very pretty.
    My favorite photo of Bonnie is on one of the sites whose links I posted - she is wearing a frilly dress, completely different than most of the clothes she was photographed in, and she is being held in the air by Clyde, who is wearing a moustache. In some photos she looks rather hard, but I believe that is because the makeup of the time did not photograph well (and Bonnie did wear a lot of makeup, even on the road) and because she is often photographed while looking into the sun... that photo of Bonnie and Clyde was never seen by them, as it was developed by the police, I believe, after they were killed.

When has anyone ever learned anything about why a criminal is a criminal?

They like to steal, rape and murder. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    When has anyone ever learned anything about why a criminal is a criminal?

They like to steal, rape and murder. End of story.
    That's one thing that intrigues me about Bonnie and Clyde. Clyde, to me, seems to be a fairly typical young man of his time, albeit one who turned to crime to make his living - but there were experiences that he had in prison that turned him from a small-time thief into an angry, bitter man whose only ambition was to bust some of his friends from "Bloody Eastham" and, after that, just keep driving until the law got him. Clyde, being no more than 5'7" and weighing about 120 lbs., was a natural target for one of the vicious rapists, and that man is the first man Clyde is ever known to have killed after dealing with his abuse for a long time. Clyde's motivations were simple: The only way he could make a living after he escaped was by committing crimes, and he was bound and determined never to go back to prison.

Bonnie intrigues me. She was an intelligent girl, described by most people who knew her as fun-loving and friendly. I believe that Bonnie fell for Clyde and then, because she did have a serious romantic and perhaps fatalistic streak, she chose to join him in his life of crime. Bonnie's family mentions that when she was a little girl, she was scared to death of guns, and yet for love of Clyde she stole one to break him out of jail, and she learned to load them - it's debatable whether or not Bonnie ever fired a shot at anyone, but W.D. Jones described her as "...a hell of a loader." Bonnie was determined to stay with Clyde until the bitter end, despite numerous efforts by her family members to talk her into leaving Clyde. She knew what their end would be, but given her romantic and fatalistic streak, she was willing to share in that end, and Bonnie and Clyde even had a suicide pact in place (although there were times when Clyde did tell Bonnie she should turn herself in, as she might have had a chance - especially when she was burned so badly that she could not walk properly, if she had turned herself in she may have gotten off relatively leniently).

Their life on the road was in no way glamorous or anything that anyone else would wish to emulate. They lived in their car, for the most part. They ate cold food on the run. They seldom had much spending money, and they had to sleep with one eye open because they were so "hot" that the law was one jump behind them. When Bonnie was injured, due to lack of proper medical care her leg healed with severe scars that kept her from ever walking properly again - most photos show Clyde carrying or supporting her. W.D. describes what may have been an example of the medical care they could count on - he had a bullet wound and was not sure if the bullet was stuck inside him or if it had gone through; Clyde wrapped a branch in a rag and stuck it into the wound, and determined that it had gone clean through W.D. and so would probably heal. Now - what on earth is there in true stories like these that would have made anyone choose to be a criminal?

To me, what brought Clyde out of obscurity was Bonnie and her determination that their legend would not die. Without Bonnie beside him, Clyde was just another small-time criminal running with a series of men. With Bonnie, Clyde was part of what would become known as a great love story, one that would still intrigue people years later - perhaps partly as a result of Bonnie's poetry. If not for Bonnie, I'm not sure people would have even remembered "The Barrow Gang." People surely do remember Bonnie and Clyde!

One interesting note: During the time they were running, they were most ofte referred to as "Clyde and Bonnie." The wording "Bonnie and Clyde" was used by Bonnie in her poetry, perhaps because nothing rhymes with "Bonnie" and a lot rhymes with Clyde. Then the movie came out - and now everyone says "Bonnie and Clyde," but originally "Clyde and Bonnie" or "The Barrow Gang" was what they were known as to the people of their time.

Bonnie and Clyde were so determined not to be parted that they had a suicide pact in place.