Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Bern

Yeah buttercup I feel it was Dorothy as well
    "Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting" Peter Pan.

I think Dorothy did it, and wrote that note too.

off topic but anyone else think its odd that in Jean and Pauls wedding photo Norma Shearer is standing next to Jean while Paul is all but outta his OWN wedding shot ??? Like he way outta the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    off topic but anyone else think its odd that in Jean and Pauls wedding photo Norma Shearer is standing next to Jean while Paul is all but outta his OWN wedding shot ??? Like he way outta the way!!!
    The wedding cake pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aedgar5000; 08-30-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

yeah each time I see it I want to scream Move outta the way!!! Dude its his wedding day! You think she would have let him stand next to his wife for that photo. Just a thought!

yeah each time I see it I want to scream Move outta the way!!! Dude its his wedding day! You think she would have let him stand next to his wife for that photo. Just a thought!
    Lol. I know. He seems like he is trying to smile, but I don't think he's happy about being pushed off to the sidelines.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

and Norma just has that entitle Im a famouse star look about her

Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    Lol. I know. He seems like he is trying to smile, but I don't think he's happy about being pushed off to the sidelines.

It appears as though he was relegated to serving as a piece of furniture. The top of his head could have functioned as a serving table for the crow
    he was obviously being forced to eat. Poor gentleman...literally being squeezed out of his own wedding by a showboating "actress".
    Last edited by Cynful; 08-31-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    It appears as though he was relegated to serving as a piece of furniture. The top of his head could have functioned as a serving table for the crow
    he was obviously being forced to eat. Poor gentleman...literally being squeezed out of his own wedding by a showboating "actress".
    Lol! I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Lol! I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Thank you aedgar5000...I'm glad to have some company, as I felt a bit badly about my thoughts.

You are right that is odd that he is off to the side while Norma is right there.
    "Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting" Peter Pan.

typical Norma !! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by mcconk2 View Post
    sometimes its not the size of the organ, its the size of the cathedral its required to perform in!
    Oh my goodness, that is classic!

If it hasn't been suggested before, is it possible that shot with Norma in it is one of a series of the happy occasion, with perhaps Paul and Jean in a few next to each other?

Quote Originally Posted by microsonic66 View Post
    If it hasn't been suggested before, is it possible that shot with Norma in it is one of a series of the happy occasion, with perhaps Paul and Jean in a few next to each other?
    I thought the same. Most people have LOTS of pictures taken at their weddings. While I'm sure it is nothing like today I can imagine they had more than one picture taken.
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

Quote Originally Posted by microsonic66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I thought the same. Most people have LOTS of pictures taken at their weddings. While I'm sure it is nothing like today I can imagine they had more than one picture taken.
    Yes, there are several pictures from that wedding, and there are some with Paul and Jean standing next to one another.

I am pretty sure that the happy couple were standing next to each other for photos, when the photographer asked Norma to move up, since she was so small she wouldn't have been viewed easily with Paul in front of her.

The wedding photos would have been nice, but "Photoplay" and "Hollywood Standard" would have preferred the pictures with the big name actresses visible, and the unknown to middle America director off to the side.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff"

Who's the guy on the left in the top left photo? I'm sure he isn't Groucho but he does kinda resemble him down to the wonky eye. Could that be Jean's stepdad?

As for Dorothy having done it, not likely if the reports of her time of death are accurate. Supposedly she died near Sacramento a day after Paul's death....back then about the quickest way to travel between Hollyweird and San Francisco was by train, and that took the better part of half a day. She would have to have a ride from the scene of the crime the train station, this most likely would've been by taxi unless she had a car or accomplice. Then after having arrived in San Fran she had to board the ferry to Sackoftomatoes adding further time to her journey. As I prefaced, if this timeline is accurate then it fits about as well as OJ's glove (which had shrunk from being saturated in blood but the idiot DA's hadn't considered that)

As for the studio concocting the story of him having an inny instead of an outtie, well it just doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't Jean's stock as a hottie be increased if her husband was killed by an estranged lover? What good came of throwing him under the bus? Color me confused. I do buy the bit about evidence being tampered with. And what about the still wet woman's bathing suit and reports of blood stains?

Just finished watching the godawful "Harlow" starring Carroll Baker. PEE YOU, whatta cheap stinka this flick is. I don't recall having watched a bio-pic as inaccurate since "The Buster Keaton Story" That one stunk worse than a Punjabi river at low tide during a heat wave.

Here's a pic for you morbid bastages (takes one to know one!)

pb.jpg

@Bessolo - I believe that is Jean's step-father, Marino Bello. I believe the word "cad" was invented for him. Gah.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

Aha, that's what I thunked thanks. Noticed your "Gah", might ye be a fan of Shaye St. John?

The wedding cake pic?
    Did anyone notice that's Irving Thalberg on the left? Giant talent who's still widely remembered today (at least by the people in the biz...which is quite an amazing thing for an industry with such short term self serving memories). He died about a year before Jean.
    bshearer100.jpg

Cracks me up that Norma Shearer (Mrs. Thalberg) is between Jean and Paul. Like her and Jean are cutting the wedding cake. Paul is just around for the photo.
    Cindy

Always wondered if there's any relation between her and Harry Shearer (Spinal Tap, The Simpsons and even Leave It To Beaver fame)

Yes, I agree it seemed sad and strange.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Ya, with paul it would be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessolo View Post
    Always wondered if there's any relation between her and Harry Shearer (Spinal Tap, The Simpsons and even Leave It To Beaver fame)
    What affilliation would Harry Shearer have with Leave it to Beaver?

He was in the pilot, but his parents pulled him out so he could have a normal childhood.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    He was in the pilot, but his parents pulled him out so he could have a normal childhood.
    And the kewpie pie wins a kewpie doll!

What a sad death he had after all these
    years.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.