Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222930313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 1800

Thread: Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Great first post. I have loved Elvis all of my life. I am so jeolous that you have seen him in concert and also visited Graceland. The closest I have got to him was a sweaty scarf he threw to someone and they showed it to me. I also saw the car at the Imperial Palace Auto Collection in Vegas. Glad you have some amazing Elvis memories and it ties you to your parents, etc. Welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy posting with all of us.
    You know, he was an amazing performer - truly amazing. It's the concert a person gauges all concerts. Barry Manilow? Great, but not Elvis. Glen Campbell? The only reason I went to see him was because of his ties to Elvis. Liberace? Sparkles and glitter everywhere so it was hard to compare but still.....Elton John? Now he was pretty close to Elvis. The thing is, there were no smoke and mirrors when it came to an Elvis concert; the arena goes pitch black, you hear the music start, a spotlight appears and he walks on the stage. He was electric. I was just so blessed to have a mom who made sure I was able to go.

One more thing I'd like to mention as well, if it's okay. On the page here for Elvis, there is an entry made by a person who says she just happened to go through the viewing when Elvis died, not once but twice. I can say with 99.9% certainly that's total bullshit. When Elvis died, I cried almost all night. At 3am, my mother came in my bedroom (I was just 16 at the time) and said "pack a change of clothes, we are driving to Memphis." My mom, older sister and I headed there making the 7 hour trip from our home. We stood in line and unfortunately, didn't get to go past the casket because they called it off after, according to a policeman there, they had been allowing people to go through for hours and probably only 22,000 had made it through - there were probably 100,000 more waiting. Plus it was hotter than a bear's asscrack outside. They also had an issue with people bringing small children in which was so inappropriate. These people where wailing, throwing themselves to the ground, plus the extreme heat - no place for kids. But the point I wanted to get at, there is no way someone just happened to decide at the last minute they were going to go, then go through twice. There was no hopping back in line, that crowd was tightly guarded not only from the police, but from Graceland's own security. And if they actually had been able to jump in line, the rest of the 99,000+ mourners waiting in the line behind them would have beaten the living shit out of them had they done what they said. So, I think whoever wrote that is someone showing off. Didn't happen I promise you.

Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Happy Birthday, Elvis!!
    "Never cut what you can untie"

-Joseph Joubert

happy birthday, elvis aaron presley - the only true king of rock and roll!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

I was watching an Elvis movie today, the way it is???? About his preparations for a Vegas show, and then the show itself. Anyway, I made the comment to the mrs that the negative books that came out about Elvis's lifestyle and generally negative things about him were written by people not in his inner circle.

So I thought this was the best place to ask...... has any member of his inner circle ever written a book highlighting negative aspects of his life which included salacious details etc?

Tony? You are the resident expert.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I was watching an Elvis movie today, the way it is???? About his preparations for a Vegas show, and then the show itself. Anyway, I made the comment to the mrs that the negative books that came out about Elvis's lifestyle and generally negative things about him were written by people not in his inner circle.

So I thought this was the best place to ask...... has any member of his inner circle ever written a book highlighting negative aspects of his life which included salacious details etc?

Tony? You are the resident expert.

Neil,

Two books come immediately to mind: "Elvis: What Happened?" which was published on 8/1/77 and "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" (1995) which has more salacious or sordid details than the first book from Lamar Fike (RIP), Marty Lacker, & Billy Smith, Elvis's cousin. The first book basically turned the fans away from Sonny West, Red West (who are cousins and not brothers), and Dave Hebler because it blew the lid off of his drug abuse and other morbid habits.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 01-08-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

those jerks did that cuz elvis finally cut those leaches off and they didn't know the word work and didnt have money. wah!. but it still does not or did not take away from Elvis and the love us fans have for him.

I did remember Elvis' birthday yesterday, watched the Ed Sullivan DVD box set and played his music LOUD. Miss you Elvis xxx

PiggyTx: You made the following quote -

those jerks did that cuz elvis finally cut those leaches off and they didn't know the word work and didnt have money. wah!. but it still does not or did not take away from Elvis and the love us fans have for him.

Let me enlighten you just a bit:

When Red & Sonny & Dave were fired, Elvis did NOT fire them himself. He did the cowardly act and had his father fire all three of them. As far as work, Sonny did work in movies while working for Elvis - so did red. How do I know this? You can see Red, himself, in one of the original "Walking Tall" movies and he also worked in other movies and television series so to say that neither Sonny nor Red knew work is not correct. The reason they didn't have any money was VERNON'S fault because he only gave them one week's pay and three day's notice to get their stuff out of Graceland. Now, how would that make you feel that the father of your employer fired you and didn't have the guts to do it himself? They tried to talk to Elvis and he wouldn't talk to any of them and explain why they were fired. They were supposedly supposed to have been given $5,000.00 and were supposed to have been re-hired back but Vernon didn't tell them that.

Elvis wasn't the saint that some paint him out to be.

Also, Vernon was a notorious tight-wad who would constantly lecture to his son about his spending habits. That may be understandable as Vernon came from the Depression generation. Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Neil,

Two books come immediately to mind: "Elvis: What Happened?" which was published on 8/1/77 and "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" (1995) which has more salacious or sordid details than the first book from Lamar Fike (RIP), Marty Lacker, & Billy Smith, Elvis's cousin. The first book basically turned the fans away from Sonny West, Red West (who are cousins and not brothers), and Dave Hebler because it blew the lid off of his drug abuse and other morbid habits.

Thanks Tony, I knew you would know.

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.

Hey Tony didnt he do the same thing to Scotty Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    Personally I think they were sick of watching him kill himself. Joe & Parker didn't give a shit what he did as long as he got on stage and they made their money. They "old gang" would speak up and be shut down - they did what they had to do - they are both really good books.

To be honest I trust those guys more than I trust anything "Cilla" has to say...
    My Posse's On Broadway

One of my employees is from Nutbush, TN (where Tina Turner is from) - not too far from Memphis - she saw Elvis at both houses in Memphis - at Graceland he was driven on a golf cart to the fence to greet them. Pretty awesome!

I went to Graceland a few years ago - it was just past New Year's - the house and grounds were still decorated for Christmas. "Merry Christmas from the Presley's" was painted on a big lit up sign. I loved all of it!

Not sure if you guys here like the Elvis is Alive hoopla, but This website is all about Elvis being alive going by the name of Jesse Garron and supposedly has been trying to prove since 2002 that he is in fact Elvis Presley, but EPE's don't want the truth to come out because of the money they make on all the EP Merch sold at Graceland, heres the link, and tehy even have a picture of him from 1994 and he supposedly has Lisa Marie's son Benjamen on his lap..

http://lindahoodsigmontruth.com/

SidebysideofJesseElvis56frontpage1.jpg
    *KhAoS*

Quote Originally Posted by Khaos696 View Post
    So Elvis came back to life as Jimmy Saville...?????
    ​GO FUCK A DUCK

Not sure if you guys here like the Elvis is Alive hoopla, but This website is all about Elvis being alive going by the name of Jesse Garron and supposedly has been trying to prove since 2002 that he is in fact Elvis Presley, but EPE's don't want the truth to come out because of the money they make on all the EP Merch sold at Graceland, heres the link, and tehy even have a picture of him from 1994 and he supposedly has Lisa Marie's son Benjamen on his lap..

I normally love this kinda shit but this....well, I dunno. That website has TONS of info on it about written letters and numerology. And lots of pics. But couldnt we just take this "Jesse's" fingerprints and compare them to Elvis', taken when he was in the Army? They keep all that stuff, dont they?

ETA: I just read the DNA section of this massive website. Hmmm, it says Jesse's DNA matched that of Elvis' first cousins Donna and Brenda Smith.
    Last edited by slingshot; 02-22-2012 at 06:34 AM.

The smile, to me he just does not have that distinctive Elvis smile. I agree, the military keeps fingerprints on file. Match them. This could be a Presley relative.
    "Never lie, steal or cheat...but if you must lie, then lie beside me all the nights of your life. If you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must cheat, then cheat death because I could not imagine a day without you by my side."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    The smile, to me he just does not have that distinctive Elvis smile. I agree, the military keeps fingerprints on file. Match them. This could be a Presley relative.
    I thought the chins looked the same but I had a problem with the nose, they didnt match. But its hard to tell. lol, I would LOVE for this to be true. I even thought ---- what if this was the twin that "died?"

Silly lady. Elvis is chilling upstairs at club 33 waiting for someone to thaw out Walt.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Silly lady. Elvis is chilling upstairs at club 33 waiting for someone to thaw out Walt.
    lol, she certainly is convinced she's been talking to Elvis since 1992. Being the sucker I am, I've been snoopin around on her site. She claims to make NO money off her "friendship" with Elvis/Jesse. And in the course of my reading I discovered he did take over the identify of his twin. In some spots she would say stuff like......I could prove that this is really Elvis but I dont want to ruin my memories book by cutting out his autograph, and stuff like that. This was when she submitted stuff for handwriting analysis.

All things considered, it wouldnt surprise me to learn Elvis actually did want to fake his death to have his life back. According to this Linda, six people knew about this when it happened. And they all swore an oath to secrecy. And she also says he "cant" come out, "they" wont let him. Hmmmm, wonder who THEY are? And it seems like a lot more people than just six would have to be involved. lol, after finishing reviewing the JonBenet case I was looking for something else to get into and I think I may have found it. Yeah, I'm a cheap date.....

OMGosh, the more I read the more funny it gets. Funny odd and ha-ha funny.

So apparently Howard Hughes helped Elivs fake his own death in 1977. Problem is, Howard died in 1976. Hmmmm. So what could be the answer? TA-DA ---- Howard Hughes faked his own death in 1976 and really died in 2001.

I'm making popcorn and opening a bottle of merlot....this could get interesting.....

Thought for today- what would have happened if Elvis finally went through his plan to fire the Colonel and Diamond Joe Esposito once and for all? How would it affect Elvis financially and personally? Would there be a civil war in the Presley camp with Priscilla siding with her friend Joe against Elvis and everyone else?

Well keep in mind He "Jessie/Elvis" Supposedly had Plastic Surgery to change his appearance, I have pretty much covered every section of the webpage, and like stated there is alot of evidence present to lead one to believe it could be true, but then all the stuff about how he can't come out, there only being one picture of him, if he reveals too much he can easily be exterminated etc. It's alot to take in.. There's also a lady named Eliza Presley who clams to be Vernon Presley's love child, and she is the one who got all the DNA evidence, but Jessie's dna didn't match the dna that they have of Elvis's, but supposedly there is no accurate Elvis DNA to compare to, and Lisa Marie isn't willing to give her dna to prove anything.. Jessie's Dna did match Eliza's and they said it could be a Brother/Sister Connection..

Glad I could give ya'll something to keep ya occupied, your welcome very much ;-)
    *KhAoS*

Well keep in mind He "Jessie/Elvis" Supposedly had Plastic Surgery to change his appearance, I have pretty much covered every section of the webpage, and like stated there is alot of evidence present to lead one to believe it could be true, but then all the stuff about how he can't come out, there only being one picture of him, if he reveals too much he can easily be exterminated etc. It's alot to take in.. There's also a lady named Eliza Presley who clams to be Vernon Presley's love child, and she is the one who got all the DNA evidence, but Jessie's dna didn't match the dna that they have of Elvis's, but supposedly there is no accurate Elvis DNA to compare to, and Lisa Marie isn't willing to give her dna to prove anything.. Jessie's Dna did match Eliza's and they said it could be a Brother/Sister Connection..

Glad I could give ya'll something to keep ya occupied, your welcome very much ;-)
    With TMZ and The Enquirer around and unrelentless paparazzi, I would think by now they would have gone to the ends of the earth to sniff out Elvis if there was the slightest hint he was still alive.

With all the sweaty scarves Elvis handed out during his shows, maybe they could find some DNA on them. I saw him about 2 months before he died in Baton Rouge. He was white as chalk.
    "Never lie, steal or cheat...but if you must lie, then lie beside me all the nights of your life. If you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must cheat, then cheat death because I could not imagine a day without you by my side."

I did manage to find a spot where it said they did compare fingerprints and the Jesse prints didnt match Elvis'. I dont know why I like these stupid conspiracy theories so much.........quite frankly, its embarrassing. Wonder where they got the Elvis prints from? And apparently this Linda woman (from the website) has been doing this for almost 20 years.

I can seriously see why some mega-famous stars would want to go into hiding or even fake their own death. But it just seems like way too much to have to coordinate. But on the other hand, why would someone want to fool someone else like that for decades? Its nuts. I suppose this Jesse could somehow be an Elvis relative since apaprently some of the Jesse DNA matches Eliza's. I was thinking last night and I can remember seeing that Enquirer from 1977 with the pic of someone peering out a screen door at the back of Graceland. OMGosh, that was 100 years ago and I can still recall the pic. Its all a hot, crazy mess that I like thinking about for some reason, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    With TMZ and The Enquirer around and unrelentless paparazzi, I would think by now they would have gone to the ends of the earth to sniff out Elvis if there was the slightest hint he was still alive.

With all the sweaty scarves Elvis handed out during his shows, maybe they could find some DNA on them. I saw him about 2 months before he died in Baton Rouge. He was white as chalk.
    We had plans to see him in the latter months of 1977. I want to say he was going to be in Huntington or Charleston WV and we were going there to see him.

If Elvis did fake his death it would be to get away from fucktards like this one.

Ohhh Good Lawdddd - I sure as hell hope that DB on the right is not The King!!! Red & Crusty!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Okay, I share the same birthdate and birth state as the King (January 8, Mississippi) so I need to weigh in here with some factoids.

Elvis is extremely dead. We have a local anchorwoman here in Atlanta named Brenda Wood. Her husband is a physician. He was one of the attending physicians at Elvis's autopsy on August 17, 1977. She commented after a news story several years ago purporting of yet another Elvis "sighting" this information about her husband and Elvis.

The second story is much cooler. I missed meeting Elvis by about 15 minutes. Back in 1975 I was a junior in high school in Brentwood, Tennessee. That's a suburb of Nashville. My friend Scott Thompson worked at a little pizza joint in town called the Red Geranium. I was there at the RG late one Friday night. I had taken my date there....then took her home and went back to the Red Geranium. I wanted to see if my pal Scott wanted to go out and drink some beer. He said he had to close the place that night and that he didn't really want to go....I headed home...

The next Monday at school Scott was freaking out, telling everyone how he met Elvis later that same Friday night....Right after I left the Red Geranium Scott got a call from one of Evis's guys asking about if there were any people in the RG, how much longer would they be open, could they stay open a little bit longer for someone special.....Elvis Presley?

Sure enough, about 15 minutes later this long black car pulls up in front of the Red Geranium. About 5 guys get out of the car first....Last guy to get out was Elvis himself. Scott said he was wearing a cape.....That's what he remembered the most....a cape, and that he was heavier than Scott remembered from either the movies or magazine photos. Elvis and his guys only stayed about 5 minutes or so, but Scott did shake Elvis's hand, spoke with him a little while...said he was incredibly nice and left Scott a nice tip for keeping the RG open.

Dammit! I missed meeting Elvis Presley by all of 15 minutes!

SHIT!

Thats a great story tk, and welcome to the boards!

But dammit if I wanna believe Elvis is alive then I will !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Thats a great story tk, and welcome to the boards!

But dammit if I wanna believe Elvis is alive then I will !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks slingshot....I wish Elvis was still with us too....I even wrote a piece for a magazine once that imagined what might have happened if on August 16th he had a heart attack and survived......gone into rehab for his drug problems and cleaned himself up....It was kind of a fun piece to write.

OMG - real Elvis fan's have to watch Bubba Ho-Tep... It's bad, but it's one of those so bad you have watch just to see how it all ends... It's funny in a sad/OMG why am I watching this kinda way... Him and his "Cilla"... LOL!
    My Posse's On Broadway

My dad is a HUGE fan. The first time I said to him, "I heard Elvis is still alive. He didnt really die" The look I got, Ya if looks could kill...LOL He wont read it, look into it, nothing..says, Its all bullshit, the man is dead, let the man rest. I get all hooked in the conspiracy theories. I really dont think he is still alive, but he sure did have the means to fake his death. My mom says Elvis was way too much into himself and loved the attention, he couldnt give that up.

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    My dad is a HUGE fan. The first time I said to him, "I heard Elvis is still alive. He didnt really die" The look I got, Ya if looks could kill...LOL He wont read it, look into it, nothing..says, Its all bullshit, the man is dead, let the man rest. I get all hooked in the conspiracy theories. I really dont think he is still alive, but he sure did have the means to fake his death. My mom says Elvis was way too much into himself and loved the attention, he couldnt give that up.
    So true. He had an entourage where ever he went (I seem to recall he had his guys go with him and Pricilla on their honeymoon) - not just to protect him, but he wanted people around him at his beck and call. No way he could afford to have a paid top secret entourage for the past 30 plus years so he could stay hidden. I love Elvis btw - I say this just for information.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Hey y'all, I found a website with a really cool collection of rare Elvis photos. It also branches off to other sites devoted to E, such as memorabilia and auctions. One item up for auction was the set of medical instruments, including rubber gloves, used during his autopsy. I reckon that would be an Elvis Death Hag's holy grail. Enjoy

http://www.elvis-postcards.com/

(hope this isn't a repost)
    Last edited by RosiesRed; 02-25-2012 at 12:17 AM.

That is a cool website, thanks for linking. Ill have to send it to my dad to check out all the photos.

Bubba Ho Tep lol, I got a wart on my pecker, I call it Cilla :-p
    *KhAoS*

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    If Elvis did fake his death it would be to get away from fucktards like this one.
    AMEN

Bubba Ho Tep lol, I got a wart on my pecker, I call it Cilla :-p
    That's like the BEST part of the whole movie... =) Even better - he talks to it! LOL!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    That's like the BEST part of the whole movie... =) Even better - he talks to it! LOL!
    Yeah that movie has a bunch of funny moments "He tried to put his mouth on my butthole" Ahh time for bed I think I might just have to put in Bubba Ho Tep to fall asleep too...
    *KhAoS*

Elvis Presley's Granddaughter Riley Keough Engaged! Plus a Look at the Love Lives of the Presley Family
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/​elvis-pre...;04700487.html

I think it's incorrect to speak about his death while he is already dead and it doesn't matter how the main thing is to continue to listen his music.

This is a death site. That's kind of exactly what most all of us are here for.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Quote Originally Posted by lTerrell View Post
    I think it's incorrect to speak about his death while he is already dead and it doesn't matter how the main thing is to continue to listen his music.
    As Jane said, this is a death site and all celebrities are fair game here.
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Well technically - you can only talk about the dead after they are in fact dead, sooooo that's why we are here at Findadeath.com.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Well technically - you can only talk about the dead after they are in fact dead, sooooo that's why we are here at Findadeath.com.
    Cold, hard, unassailable logic. It's a beautiful thang.

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    Elvis Presley's Granddaughter Riley Keough Engaged! Plus a Look at the Love Lives of the Presley Family
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/​elvis-pre...;04700487.html
    Link doesn't work............you're such a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by RosiesRed View Post
    Hey y'all, I found a website with a really cool collection of rare Elvis photos. It also branches off to other sites devoted to E, such as memorabilia and auctions. One item up for auction was the set of medical instruments, including rubber gloves, used during his autopsy. I reckon that would be an Elvis Death Hag's holy grail. Enjoy

http://www.elvis-postcards.com/

(hope this isn't a repost)
    Thanks Rosie!! I'll be digging through that one tonight!

Personally I think they were sick of watching him kill himself. Joe & Parker didn't give a shit what he did as long as he got on stage and they made their money. They "old gang" would speak up and be shut down - they did what they had to do - they are both really good books.

To be honest I trust those guys more than I trust anything "Cilla" has to say...
    Even if some of them have done things that we, as fans, haven't liked, we still should respect them because they are our last link to Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by lTerrell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    This is a death site. That's kind of exactly what most all of us are here for.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    As Jane said, this is a death site and all celebrities are fair game here.

I agree with ALL of the above! This is a death site and that's why celebrities like Elvis are being discussed. Plus, there are also other sites where Elvis AND HIS MUSIC are discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Thanks Rosie!! I'll be digging through that one tonight!
    Scatter! How have you been doing, brother? Haven't seen you in a LONG time!! PM me if you'd like!!