Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233031323334 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 1750

Thread: Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I went to Graceland the last week of June this year. It's one of those places you have to see at least once in your life. I even have a photo of me next to his grave - had to get that!

Also while we were in Tennessee, we stopped by in Nashville to visit Tammy Wynette and Marty Robbin's graves - got photos there too!

Call me a ghoul - but it was cool!
    You are definitely one cool ghoul... LOVE it! I hope someone steals that, and calls themselves the "Cool Ghoul"...

Screw that - Joe was a hanger on'r and came in at the end. I will respecfully decline to respect him.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Screw that - Joe was a hanger on'r and came in at the end. I will respecfully decline to respect him.
    Hi Shejay!! Well, Joe came into the group in 1960, which is only 6 years from the beginning of Elvis' career (1954), far closer to the beginning than the end (which came 17 years after Joe was hired by Elvis). That said, I agree that Joe was loyal primarily to Joe. He was Parker's primary snitch, he was generally not well liked by the rest of the guys because of his arrogance, and he was a real ass to the fans by all accounts. Of course, now that he NEEDS the fans to pay his freight with Elvis not footing his bills any more, he's much more fan-friendly. Go figure.I respectfully decline to respect him too.

I have read that Cilla was always closer to Joe and Jerry Schilling probably because they were college-educated in comparison to Elvis and the other guys. You can bet that if Elvis fires Joe and the Colonel as planned in September 1977,there would be a civil war in the Presley camp with Cilla on Joe's side against everyone else. Also, Elvis could face a massive lawsuit filed by Joe and the Colonel. Of course, there are many managers and records companies eager to sign up Elvis as their client and I think they would have bought the contract and tell the Colonel and Joe to go to hell. Also, Billy Smith, Elvis's favorite cousin and the one individual more closer to him, was to have succeeded Joe. Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    I have read that Cilla was always closer to Joe and Jerry Schilling probably because they were college-educated in comparison to Elvis and the other guys. You can bet that if Elvis fires Joe and the Colonel as planned in September 1977,there would be a civil war in the Presley camp with Cilla on Joe's side against everyone else. Also, Elvis could face a massive lawsuit filed by Joe and the Colonel. Of course, there are many managers and records companies eager to sign up Elvis as their client and I think they would have bought the contract and tell the Colonel and Joe to go to hell. Also, Billy Smith, Elvis's favorite cousin and the one individual more closer to him, was to have succeeded Joe. Comments?
    Well, Cilla was certainly VERY close to Schilling.......maybe closer than most suspect, if you know what I mean. Cilla was out there cheating right along with Elvis, and Mike Stone and her dance instructor weren't the first or the last.

If Elvis HAD fired Joe after the tour that never was, he would have told Cilla to mind her own damn business if she made a peep. She plays the widow these days, but that's just in her mind.

As for a suit from "Diamond Joe", there was no contract for employment between Elvis and any of the Memphis Mafia. Joe wouldn't have had legal standing to sue. And hopefully, Elvis wouldn't have buckled under that carny POS's threats in '77 like he did in '73. A halfway competent lawyer would have had full access to The Col's records during discovery before any trial, and the staggering degree of fraud revealed there (which was uncovered after Elvis' death and led to the Col being sued and barred from profiting off of Elvis any longer) would have left that fat con artist liable to owing ELVIS millions rather than the other way around. Too bad Elvis insulated himself from competent legal and managerial direction for so long. He might have lived longer otherwise.

Yes, Elvis treated and paid the Memphis Mafia like ranch hands and they did not have employment contracts. Elvis would just say "You're in." Also, Elvis really wanted the male lead in Streisand's remake of A Star Is Born but Colonel Tom refused to come to terms with Barbra. I think that would have really rejuvenated his career and life. But I think Colonel refused to have Elvis in ASIB was because he may have feared Elvis and Barbra talking between filming scenes and she tells Elvis "You're Elvis Presley! You're the King! You don't need the Colonel anymore! Not every manager takes fifty percent anyway!" That may have been the Colonel's nightmare if Elvis agreed to do the film. Comments?

The Colonel was was a "SWINE"... The Ultimate "Hanger-On'er"...
    I do believe "A Star is Born" could have helped Elvis on so many levels...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Wait... we're supposed to believe that Elvis would have been credible in the James Mason role?
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Actually, Elvis was to have taken the role ultimately given to Kris Kristofferson. It's all the Colonel's fault for denying him the one opportunity to reboot his career and be taken more seriously as a dramatic actor.

I don't think I've ever seen what the Colonel looked like but from what I've heard, everytime I hear somebody bring him up I think of Boss Hog.

Am I close?
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen what the Colonel looked like but from what I've heard, everytime I hear somebody bring him up I think of Boss Hog.

Am I close?
    Yes, you're very close

tom.jpg

Boss Hog with a Dutch accent!

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post

Am I close?

LOL!!! OMG - perfect!! I never put the two together, but it's stuck there now! Good One!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Colonel Tom had all sorts of excuses for Elvis not touring overseas. Security problems, tax problems, logistics problems. All of them could have been worked out along the road. What would a UK/European tour would have been like for Elvis and which venues would he have performed at?

You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Ughhhh - wish I was rich....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I could pay them a 5 a month to be placed there once I die. I wish I was rich too. Lying where Elvis once laid is a cool thing for a fan like me. I am such a death hag lol

The Doctors will see you soon.....

There's going to be a special on PBS tonight called "Love Me Tender: The Love Songs of Elvis Presley". The show description reads, "Elvis as you've never seen him.". Don't alot of them though, lol. Has anybody seen it? Any good?

La di da, la di da, la la.

I read Linda Thompson is releasing a book about her time with Elvis. Full on tales of his drugs, wild gun battles *her words* and other women in his life. I dont care what Elvis did, she needs cash for more plastic surgery lol

I met Lisa Marie and Priscilla last night. Priscilla was sweet as pie, Lisa Marie... um... not so much. She seemed a little weird and put off by having to talk to people after her show. Weird. Shame really, considering she should be lucky people went. She cannot sing if her life depended on it. Oh and Priscilla's face looks back to normal. She looked really good.
    Last edited by Bbeelzebub; 06-27-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    I'm not a death hag... I'm a death fag!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I read Linda Thompson is releasing a book about her time with Elvis. Full on tales of his drugs, wild gun battles *her words* and other women in his life. I dont care what Elvis did, she needs cash for more plastic surgery lol

LOL

For as long as I can remember after Elvis' death, she's been saying that.And giving tell-all interviews to tabloids, on talk shows and such. The only thing she hasn't told the public about Elvis is whether he died his pubes to match his hair. Honestly. She and her catwoman face should just keep doing infomercials that I won't watch either and stop trying to make money off the same tired stories about Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    I met Lisa Marie and Priscilla last night. Priscilla was sweet as pie, Lisa Marie... um... not so much. She seemed a little weird and put off by having to talk to people after her show. Weird. Shame really, considering she should be lucky people went. She cannot sing if her life depended on it. Oh and Priscilla's face looks back to normal. She looked really good.
    How cool that you got to meet them!

Yeah, I saw Lisa Marie's last big whoopdeedoo video hit a couple of years ago. Trading on her daddy's fame but without his chops. To me it was a novelty to see what all the fuss was about. Fun to see the first time but meh. Disappointing. She needs her own style to stand out. Not to copy his.

It's nice to hear 'Scilla's appearance is returning to normal. Those motor oil injections to the face by a quack (yes, really) who was supposed to be real cosmetic fillers like Restylane made her look horrendous! Hopefully she won't have any long-term health issue being absorbed into her system on it's way out either. I've always liked her. She seems very gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    LOL

For as long as I can remember after Elvis' death, she's been saying that.And giving tell-all interviews to tabloids, on talk shows and such. The only thing she hasn't told the public about Elvis is whether he died his pubes to match his hair. Honestly. She and her catwoman face should just keep doing infomercials that I won't watch either and stop trying to make money off the same tired stories about Elvis.

How cool that you got to meet them!

Yeah, I saw Lisa Marie's last big whoopdeedoo video hit a couple of years ago. Trading on her daddy's fame but without his chops. To me it was a novelty to see what all the fuss was about. Fun to see the first time but meh. Disappointing. She needs her own style to stand out. Not to copy his.

It's nice to hear 'Scilla's appearance is returning to normal. Those motor oil injections to the face by a quack (yes, really) who was supposed to be real cosmetic fillers like Restylane made her look horrendous! Hopefully she won't have any long-term health issue being absorbed into her system on it's way out either. I've always liked her. She seems very gracious.

Linda Thompson needs to move on from talking about Elvis and move on to talking about Bruce Jenner! Come on Linda old girl, we know there are some skeletons in Bruce's closet....... along with some lace teddies, Lucite heels, and pink panties. Talk! Hahaha

You summed up the Lisa Marie experience pretty well. I felt like I was at Drag King Karaoke. It was just awkward. For all the money she has, she should have the best people behind her to create something. If that is the best they can come up with, then it's a lost cause.
    I'm not a death hag... I'm a death fag!

Wow I would love to meet them both. Shame Lisa Marie seemed off with you, I love her. Shame she cant sing, I like her albums. I'm glad Priscilla's face is normal now. She was beautiful back in the day.

One Elvis-related person who has still not yet released a book is his last girlfriend, Ginger Alden. Now that is one definitely worth waiting for and buying! There are inconsistencies as to how she found Elvis's body and what really happened upstairs.

Woohoo - I am soooooo jelly yo!!! I would LOVE to meet them!!! I have always had the feeling LMP was a beotch, but I kinda figured she had to be - to keep away the vultures. Although, now if you want a "music career" ya can't bite the hand that feeds ya so to speak, not that she needs the money - but you know what I mean...

Yeah Linda needs to move along already... We get it, you wiped his ass and cleaned up his puke until you couldn't take it anymore... What else could she possibly have to share??

Now Ginger on the other hand, that would be a good one... Not sure how much of it I would believe as TRUE, but I would read it fo' sho'...
    My Posse's On Broadway

One Elvis-related person who has still not yet released a book is his last girlfriend, Ginger Alden. Now that is one definitely worth waiting for and buying! There are inconsistencies as to how she found Elvis's body and what really happened upstairs.
    Yes I would love to read her book. Knowing all about her time with Elvis and finding his body. Someone should offer her millions for a book. I might read Linda's book but really I know what she went through with Elvis, he was in a dark place during the last few years of his life. But come on Ginger, write a book NOW!

Could you imagine how much " spewing " Cilla would be doing if the ex girlfriends wrote books about all those secrets, and there is nothing
    she could do to stop them LOL

Why would Cilla be concerned? She was already out Graceland when Linda and later Ginger came into Elvis's life. Now Ginger's book is one definitely worth waiting as she has been silent for many years and I still have problems with her inconsistent accounts of how she found Elvis and the fact she was wearing make-up and fully dressed by the time they came upstairs to the bathroom and see Elvis's body.

By the Memphis Mafia's accounts, a Ginger book would be full of mostly nonsense and lies. The one person who really should have written more about Elvis in her book was Ann-Margret, who had a big fling with Elvis during the "Viva Las Vegas" period.

Why would Cilla be concerned? She was already out Graceland when Linda and later Ginger came into Elvis's life. Now Ginger's book is one definitely worth waiting as she has been silent for many years and I still have problems with her inconsistent accounts of how she found Elvis and the fact she was wearing make-up and fully dressed by the time they came upstairs to the bathroom and see Elvis's body.
    I also read she called National Enquirer to inform them Elvis was dead? [SIZE=2]I think they were the first magazine people there. Or did I read it wrong? [/SIZE]

Cause Cillia is the guardian of all things Elvis, she is all over it like a rash to protect it all for Lisa and by that herself she is still reaping it in from the estate.

Cause Cilla is a control freak and in charge of all things EPE... Now granted she had done some good things, I can't knock her for keeping E's memory alive, but when it comes to anything "person" in regards to Elvis, she wants her say so and her cut - that is for sure...

Yeah - like I said I would read Gingers book, but I would read it with a grain a salt.

Now Ann Margaret on the other hand - Good Lawd I wish this woman would speak up already!!! I mean ya gotta respect her devotion to Elvis, but the DeathHag in me REALLY freakin wants to know the scoop!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Ginger is actually in the process of writing her book. Last I heard it is suppose to come out next year sometime.
    "Death will be a great relief. No more interviews."

Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by MPetro108 View Post
    Ginger is actually in the process of writing her book. Last I heard it is suppose to come out next year sometime.
    I can't wait for that. I really want to know if she was really in love with Elvis she got all dolled up when she found him dead. If my boyfriend died that's the last thing I'd be doing. Mind you he's no Elvis.

Here's a pic of Colonel untitled.png He does look a bit like Boss Hog lol!

I heard that Elvis Presley wrote and sing some Gospel music at beginning of hiscareer, and I know there
    are people would like to think that Elvis made peace with God before he died.

I think Elvis was too much of it to make peace with anyone before he died. The amount of drugs he was taking isn't even funny.

The late humor columnist (and huge Elvis fan) Lewis Grizzard; was once asked what he thought Elvis would be doing if he were still alive.

"Kickin' and scratchin' and trying to get out of that coffin", was his reply.

Elvis spent a good bit of time early on in his career here on the MS Gulf Coast, going deep sea fishing and what not; and of course; romancing the ladies.
    Many people still living here remember him as a nice guy; down to earth kind of guy.

He used to perform at Gus Steven's Supper Club on the beach, which stood not quite a mile from where I'm currently sitting. The original structure was destroyed by Hurricane Camille in '69; the last structure; a Surf Shop and beachwear store was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. It's an empty lot still.

Gus Steven's Supper Club also hosted the last performance of Jayne Mansfield.

She did a show there and was killed in an accident on her way from Biloxi to New Orleans for another engagement.
    Last edited by JimC; 07-12-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Cause Cilla is a control freak and in charge of all things EPE... Now granted she had done some good things, I can't knock her for keeping E's memory alive, but when it comes to anything "person" in regards to Elvis, she wants her say so and her cut - that is for sure...

Yeah - like I said I would read Gingers book, but I would read it with a grain a salt.

Now Ann Margaret on the other hand - Good Lawd I wish this woman would speak up already!!! I mean ya gotta respect her devotion to Elvis, but the DeathHag in me REALLY freakin wants to know the scoop!
    That's true! I've heard so much gossip about their fling over the years that it's ridiculous. Would love to see what AM had to say herself. I've seen interviewers ask her about it though. She put on a big smile and gave very little away.

You guys realize the third floor at Graceland--Elvis's living quarters--is STILL closed to the public? What exactly is up there? Even President Clinton couldn't get up there, and Nic Cage only once when he was married to Lisa Marie....so many things, so many secrets, I wonder if we'll ever know the truth...and reading some of the thoughts on that faux-hillbilly conman Colonel Parker....I just have to ask. Elvis was the type to not let ANYONE tell him what to do. What kind of hold could that asshole still have on E at the end? Other than maybe potential blackmail? I don't understand it. I think Vernon was more scared of the prospect of Parker--or Andre van Kuijk in actuality--not being around than E was. We may never know for sure...

Maybe Elvis isn't dead - he's just livin' there There must be something dark there that they still don't want anyone to see. Wonder what Nic Cage thought of it?

Quote Originally Posted by deathhaghun View Post
    Maybe Elvis isn't dead - he's just livin' there There must be something dark there that they still don't want anyone to see. Wonder what Nic Cage thought of it?
    I did hear Nic Cage got onto Elvis's bed and sat on the bathroom floor. I would love to see upstairs and see the bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I did hear Nic Cage got onto Elvis's bed and sat on the bathroom floor. I would love to see upstairs and see the bathroom
    Nic Cage would get onto Elvis's bed and bathroom floor. He was a total Elvis nut. Some say that's the reason why he married Lisa Marie.

I remember seeing a website that had pics, no idea how old, of the second floor and the bathroom. I'll Google and see if I can find em...

'ere ya go:

http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/
    Last edited by zedstarchild; 07-18-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: correction--it's the SECOND floor not the third :)

Nic Cage is a POS and deserves a good ol' boy arse'whoopin'... I read where he used LMP too...

Gee maybe karma is kickin his ass know with all his financial problems - or The King is TCB babeh!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

There's a guy on Facebook called Mike Evans Biggs who tells people I am a partner of Elvis in the 70's and he is going to sue Lisa Marie Presley. His rants and posts are confusing. I asked him about his posts and I was called a work of art! Idiot!

35 years ago today, Elvis passed away. I will always love him. I hope when my time is up, I will finally get a hug off him

35 years today.. can still remember the news like it was yesterday...
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

TCM is showing Elvis movies all day, today for the 35th anniversary!

I love Elv. It's a little rift in my family bc my fiance hates him. Says he stole the black musicians style and music. I try to argue he had his own style alas, my guy says he only made it over the black musicians bc of his good looks and paler skin. sigh... I'll never win w/him!

RIP Elvis. I'm too young to remember the day he died but, when I look at him in movies or in photos, I keep imagining his death and how horrible it must have been to live in that zonked out state for so long.
    He'll always be loved, though.
    You fill me with inertia

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    35 years today.. can still remember the news like it was yesterday...
    I remember it so well, we were excited because the county fair had just started and it completely changed the mood of the town and the fair.

I remember it like it was yesterday. We love you, Elvis.
    peek-a-boo!!