Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 267

Thread: Adolf Hitler

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    723
    There's a good documentary called "Hitler of the Andes - Did Hitler Escape to Argentina" which I have, interesting.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    I may be wrong, I probably am, but I had seen on a bbc program that the Russians had taken berllin. When they did during the final days, they stormed the nazi chanclery building. Once there, they chipped out the giant swastica on tthe buildings front. Then went to the roof and ripped off the swastica flags and raised the russian flags, came back down to the steps of the building, then went back to the top again for some photo op.
    I thought america had some agreement with stalian that the russians troops would take Berlin while US and british troops would liberate the death camps.

    The big rumor is that hitler escaped Berlin before the russians stormed the bunker. He went to south america via the Nazi smuggling ring ODESSA. But its only rumor.
    You are correct about the agreement with Russia. It was actually an all ally decision. The Russians lost more than 6 million citizens and military personnel and another 14 million wounded. That is more than twice the next highest number of dead and injured which would be Germany.
    The Russian's in the opinions of the ally bought the right to be the first into Berlin with their blood. It was not pretty, between the crazy hardline Nazi's (civilian militia and regular military ) running around hanging everyone they saw they suspected of not fighting to the last man or women or running away or looting and the brutality of the Russian victors ( understandable though it was ) Berlin was a bad place to be during the last days of the war.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    I've seen a pic of Hitler dead and the caption or article said it wasn't actually him but a double. It's possible I guess. I doubt it went down that way though. He was such an egomaniac that it's highly likely he could not envision life without being in power. I mean, what would he be in Rio? He's dead now, anyway, I hope he died horribly, long and slow.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  4. #154
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX.
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've seen a pic of Hitler dead and the caption or article said it wasn't actually him but a double. It's possible I guess. I doubt it went down that way though. He was such an egomaniac that it's highly likely he could not envision life without being in power. I mean, what would he be in Rio? He's dead now, anyway, I hope he died horribly, long and slow.

    My mother always said Hitler had to be dead because he couldn't have kept his mouth shut if he were alive!
    Visit my blog to read my memoir "Monster In The Closet".
    I welcome your coments and input.

    http://mymemoirmonsterinthecloset.blogspot.com/

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My mother always said Hitler had to be dead because he couldn't have kept his mouth shut if he were alive!
    Word
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    339
    There was an agreement that Russia could enter Berlin first. In fact the American troops had to wait on the Russians on the outskirts of Berlin for over a week before they could go into the city. I don't know that they had to wait for the Russians to do what they wanted to get done. But there wasn't much of a delay before US troops were there. The swastikas my father in law got were cloth ones. The chancellery did not have to be stormed as there was no one there. All the officials had long since left. Anyway, my father in law was in Hitler's office for some time. He wrote the letter from there. I can't remember what his job was, but he was a major and was part of the occupying army for over a year after the war ended. It may be that the Russians weren't interested in the stationery or doilies or the swastikas so didn't bother with those. All I know is my father in law, as part of his duties spent considerable time in the chancellery during the time after the war. He was with the Second Armored Division..called the hell on wheels division. My FIL was at Fort Benning, Georgia when the division was first formed. He left the US with Patton and I think they landed at Casablanca. My FIL fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, and went into France on D+6 day. He never talked about his service. His oldest son knew about the letter because his mother showed it to him when it got here. He died in 1985 and my MIL died in 2001. When we were cleaning out the attic I found three trunks filled with lots of his war time stuff. His uniforms had never been unpacked.
    In a drawer of a stand up trunk, I found his citation and his bronze star. None of his sons ever knew he had received it. I don' think his wife did either because when the film Saving Private Ryan came out, our local paper interviewed her and my FIL's four brothers who had all served in WWII at the same time as he did. She never mentioned the medal in the article and not to her sons. We had his maps that showed their trek across Europe. We have his discharge papers and he fought in some of the most important battles of the war.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingmissmarple View Post
    There was an agreement that Russia could enter Berlin first. In fact the American troops had to wait on the Russians on the outskirts of Berlin for over a week before they could go into the city. I don't know that they had to wait for the Russians to do what they wanted to get done. But there wasn't much of a delay before US troops were there. The swastikas my father in law got were cloth ones. The chancellery did not have to be stormed as there was no one there. All the officials had long since left. Anyway, my father in law was in Hitler's office for some time. He wrote the letter from there. I can't remember what his job was, but he was a major and was part of the occupying army for over a year after the war ended. It may be that the Russians weren't interested in the stationery or doilies or the swastikas so didn't bother with those. All I know is my father in law, as part of his duties spent considerable time in the chancellery during the time after the war. He was with the Second Armored Division..called the hell on wheels division. My FIL was at Fort Benning, Georgia when the division was first formed. He left the US with Patton and I think they landed at Casablanca. My FIL fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, and went into France on D+6 day. He never talked about his service. His oldest son knew about the letter because his mother showed it to him when it got here. He died in 1985 and my MIL died in 2001. When we were cleaning out the attic I found three trunks filled with lots of his war time stuff. His uniforms had never been unpacked.
    In a drawer of a stand up trunk, I found his citation and his bronze star. None of his sons ever knew he had received it. I don' think his wife did either because when the film Saving Private Ryan came out, our local paper interviewed her and my FIL's four brothers who had all served in WWII at the same time as he did. She never mentioned the medal in the article and not to her sons. We had his maps that showed their trek across Europe. We have his discharge papers and he fought in some of the most important battles of the war.
    What I wouldn't give to spend a long summer afternoon in a quiet , dark neighborhood bar sipping beer and just listening to their stories! Lucky you to grow up hearing them. Please thank all of the ones still with us for their service. Lucky Miss Marple!
    regards.
    Mary

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    You are correct about the agreement with Russia. It was actually an all ally decision. The Russians lost more than 6 million citizens and military personnel and another 14 million wounded. That is more than twice the next highest number of dead and injured which would be Germany.
    The Russian's in the opinions of the ally bought the right to be the first into Berlin with their blood. It was not pretty, between the crazy hardline Nazi's (civilian militia and regular military ) running around hanging everyone they saw they suspected of not fighting to the last man or women or running away or looting and the brutality of the Russian victors ( understandable though it was ) Berlin was a bad place to be during the last days of the war.
    Regards,
    Mary
    The Russians gave what they received. During Barbarossa the German troops raped and pillaged the Russian civilian population on their way east to Stalingrad, no quarter was asked and none was given. When the Russians turned the German army and fought them west all the way to Berlin, they repaid the German civilian population in kind.

    The allies were paranoid about advancing on Berlin. They were worried that with both the Russians and allies approaching each other they could inadvertently open fire on each other and start up a whole new war. Patton was vocal about settling any potential future conflict with the Russians right there and then. However, the big three had the meeting at Yalta on the Black Sea to carve up Europe, and Patton was told to cool his jets.

    Once the Russians secured Berlin (how dirty would you think the street fighting, room to room, house to house, street by street capturing Berlin would be?) he of course annexed the countries east of Germany and Churchill's prophecy of the 'Iron Curtain' came to be. The allies of course bitched about it, and Stalin reminded the allies that after they had captured Italy (well half of it before the population got fed up with El Deuce and strung him up) that when he wanted to be involved in the administration of Italy, he was pretty much told to piss off and mind his own business. He returned the favour to the allies when he annexed Poland etc.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 04-10-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingmissmarple View Post
    There was an agreement that Russia could enter Berlin first. In fact the American troops had to wait on the Russians on the outskirts of Berlin for over a week before they could go into the city. I don't know that they had to wait for the Russians to do what they wanted to get done. But there wasn't much of a delay before US troops were there. The swastikas my father in law got were cloth ones. The chancellery did not have to be stormed as there was no one there. All the officials had long since left. Anyway, my father in law was in Hitler's office for some time. He wrote the letter from there. I can't remember what his job was, but he was a major and was part of the occupying army for over a year after the war ended. It may be that the Russians weren't interested in the stationery or doilies or the swastikas so didn't bother with those. All I know is my father in law, as part of his duties spent considerable time in the chancellery during the time after the war. He was with the Second Armored Division..called the hell on wheels division. My FIL was at Fort Benning, Georgia when the division was first formed. He left the US with Patton and I think they landed at Casablanca. My FIL fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, and went into France on D+6 day. He never talked about his service. His oldest son knew about the letter because his mother showed it to him when it got here. He died in 1985 and my MIL died in 2001. When we were cleaning out the attic I found three trunks filled with lots of his war time stuff. His uniforms had never been unpacked.
    In a drawer of a stand up trunk, I found his citation and his bronze star. None of his sons ever knew he had received it. I don' think his wife did either because when the film Saving Private Ryan came out, our local paper interviewed her and my FIL's four brothers who had all served in WWII at the same time as he did. She never mentioned the medal in the article and not to her sons. We had his maps that showed their trek across Europe. We have his discharge papers and he fought in some of the most important battles of the war.
    Very same syndrome in Australia. None of the diggers wanted to talk about it when they got home. Today there is a huge industry built around discovering who your Grandpa of father was back in those days of WWII and the tours to the old battlefields is big business.

    The Chancellery was a pretty awesome building in its day. Hitlers office was massive (I saw some pics online recently) and the whole thing was designed to awe anyone who visited. I think it was the only major project of Hitler and Speer's Germania that was actually built. The allies pulled the thing down eventually and built apartments over the site (if memory serves).
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 04-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    The Russians gave what they received. During Barbarossa the German troops raped and pillaged the Russian civilian population on their way east to Stalingrad, no quarter was asked and none was given. When the Russians turned the German army and fought them west all the way to Berlin, they repaid the German civilian population in kind.

    The allies were paranoid about advancing on Berlin. They were worried that with both the Russians and allies approaching each other they could inadvertently open fire on each other and start up a whole new war. Patton was vocal about settling any potential future conflict with the Russians right there and then. However, the big three had the meeting at Yalta on the Black Sea to carve up Europe, and Patton was told to cool his jets.

    Once the Russians secured Berlin (how dirty would you think the street fighting, room to room, house to house, street by street capturing Berlin would be?) he of course annexed the countries east of Germany and Churchill's prophecy of the 'Iron Curtain' came to be. The allies of course bitched about it, and Stalin reminded the allies that after they had captured Italy (well half of it before the population got fed up with El Deuce and strung him up) that when he wanted to be involved in the administration of Italy, he was pretty much told to piss off and mind his own business. He returned the favor to the allies when he annexed Poland etc.
    I have searched for the quote from Stalin but can't find it. When the allies were divvying up the remnants of Europe as things dwindled down Russia (Stalin) was screwed out of some bit of territory that he wanted with the excuse that it was already occupied by some other ally. He is said to have narrowed his eyes and mused, "I understand now. What we occupy we keep." The Russian army then began to spread like an amoeba and the result was the Eastern Block and a divided Berlin.
    I worked with a Russian refusnik whose Dad had died in the siege of Leningrad. He told me about how desperate and hungry the Russian people were and also the photos of the German soldiers just dropping their gear and leaving bloody footprints in the snow as they trudged back home on foot in many cases.
    It is usually best to leave Mother Rodina alone! Russia , historically has been a paranoid but defensive country. They have seldom ventured forth to attempt empire building and they have never been very good at it ever historically. They seem to have focused on creating a buffer of land around Russia that could act as a strategic trip wire to forestall attempted invasions. I think Russian weather alone had proved more formidable than any man made fortifications.
    Regards,
    Mary

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    339
    Mary,
    I really wish my father in law had told of his experience with us but he didn't. The one time he brought it up was when the film Patton was released. He had gone to see it and really wanted us to see it us well. He said George C Scott really captured the essence of Patton.FIL was on Patton's staff at one time . FIL arrived 3 min. late to a meeting and Patton threatened to have him court marshaled. Patton actually did file some kind of complaint about it. I found those papers in his trunk as well. Most of what we have learned, little as it is, it has been from taken from his discharge papers where all the places in which he fought were listed. I have done some research on those battles as well. I have bought tons of books on WWII. I particularly like ones by Stephen Ambrose,especially Citizen Soldier. I am currently working my way through a Trilogy by Rick Atkinson.He has really done his homework and the data is sometimes hard to stick with because it is massive in details.
    I love Tom Brokaw's book and I agree it is the greatest generation

    FIL wrote hundreds of letters to MIL all of which she kept and we have now. He never mentioned anything specific about the war as they were ordered to never do that. After finding all his mementos, I was kicking myself for never asking him for his memories of that time. Clearly he didn't choose to discuss it, but I could have had him cursing the day his son ever married me. I would have been persistent.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingmissmarple View Post
    Mary,
    I really wish my father in law had told of his experience with us but he didn't. The one time he brought it up was when the film Patton was released. He had gone to see it and really wanted us to see it us well. He said George C Scott really captured the essence of Patton.FIL was on Patton's staff at one time . FIL arrived 3 min. late to a meeting and Patton threatened to have him court marshaled. Patton actually did file some kind of complaint about it. I found those papers in his trunk as well. Most of what we have learned, little as it is, it has been from taken from his discharge papers where all the places in which he fought were listed. I have done some research on those battles as well. I have bought tons of books on WWII. I particularly like ones by Stephen Ambrose,especially Citizen Soldier. I am currently working my way through a Trilogy by Rick Atkinson.He has really done his homework and the data is sometimes hard to stick with because it is massive in details.
    I love Tom Brokaw's book and I agree it is the greatest generation

    FIL wrote hundreds of letters to MIL all of which she kept and we have now. He never mentioned anything specific about the war as they were ordered to never do that. After finding all his mementos, I was kicking myself for never asking him for his memories of that time. Clearly he didn't choose to discuss it, but I could have had him cursing the day his son ever married me. I would have been persistent.
    I am a huge Patton fan and I will dig up my favorite Patton biography and send you the title.
    I traveled early on a business trip to Luxembourg and visited his grave and some family who fell there and spent two days driving around with a local man as my guide show the whole lay of the Battle of the Bulge and the major troop movements in the area along the River Meuse. It was fabulous. Good luck with your research.
    Regards,
    Mary

  13. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    My mother always said Hitler had to be dead because he couldn't have kept his mouth shut if he were alive!
    This is very true

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    What I wouldn't give to spend a long summer afternoon in a quiet , dark neighborhood bar sipping beer and just listening to their stories! Lucky you to grow up hearing them. Please thank all of the ones still with us for their service. Lucky Miss Marple!
    regards.
    Mary

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    What I wouldn't give to spend a long summer afternoon in a quiet , dark neighborhood bar sipping beer and just listening to their stories! Lucky you to grow up hearing them. Please thank all of the ones still with us for their service. Lucky Miss Marple!
    regards...You are wise to think this way..Older folks are really and truly "History Lessons" in a rocking chair..I'm proud to be one of them.
    Mary

  16. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've seen a pic of Hitler dead and the caption or article said it wasn't actually him but a double. It's possible I guess. I doubt it went down that way though. He was such an egomaniac that it's highly likely he could not envision life without being in power. I mean, what would he be in Rio? He's dead now, anyway, I hope he died horribly, long and slow.
    There is a great History Channel documentary called Hitler's End, about Hitler's last days in the bunker. His last days were horrible. They were surrounded by rubble, and louder-and-louder Russian artillery fire. Their "military intelligece" consisted of calling German citizens in random Berlin neighborhoods to ask them how close the Russians were. Those in the bunker openly smoked and drank, in defiance of Hitler's ban on both. The favorite topic of conversation in the bunker was what the best way would be to kill themselves when the time came. Magda Goebbels poisoned all of her children in the bunker so that they wouldn't be captured alive. One of Hitler's last acts was to dictate his "Last Will and Testament," a document so visciously anti-Semitic it even turned the secretary who typed it against him. Hitler died by shooting himself in the head and poisoning himself, using poising that he tested on his dog first (yes, this dog).

    I've Tivo'ed this special and watch it every once in a while. Hitler was probably too insane toward the end to understand how miserable his condition was, but his henchmen knew how much they were suffering.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Vesco View Post
    There is a great History Channel documentary called Hitler's End, about Hitler's last days in the bunker. His last days were horrible. They were surrounded by rubble, and louder-and-louder Russian artillery fire. Their "military intelligece" consisted of calling German citizens in random Berlin neighborhoods to ask them how close the Russians were. Those in the bunker openly smoked and drank, in defiance of Hitler's ban on both. The favorite topic of conversation in the bunker was what the best way would be to kill themselves when the time came. Magda Goebbels poisoned all of her children in the bunker so that they wouldn't be captured alive. One of Hitler's last acts was to dictate his "Last Will and Testament," a document so visciously anti-Semitic it even turned the secretary who typed it against him. Hitler died by shooting himself in the head and poisoning himself, using poising that he tested on his dog first (yes, this dog).

    I've Tivo'ed this special and watch it every once in a while. Hitler was probably too insane toward the end to understand how miserable his condition was, but his henchmen knew how much they were suffering.
    His last days were horrible? Are you serious! Living in a stinking bunker with millions dying because of his lunacy! I can think of quite a few more horrible ways for Mr. H to spend his last days!

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    1,058
    I just wish that they had creamated him while alive rather than dead

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    418
    His last days were horrible? Are you serious! Living in a stinking bunker with millions dying because of his lunacy! I can think of quite a few more horrible ways for Mr. H to spend his last days!
    WARNING: This film contains graphic imagery. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/camp/view/
    Last edited by cloudddae; 05-01-2011 at 12:47 AM.

  20. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudddae View Post
    WARNING: This film contains graphic imagery. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/camp/view/
    Shocking beyond belief, utter scum

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,593
    i have the full 'memory of the camps' on a vhs tape. they played it once on pbs years ago. its truly horrific, unbelievable, and oh so true.
    pull the string!

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    1919 Signed letter contains Hitler's first known stance on Jewish removal:

    New York (CNN) A signed letter by Adolf Hitler, which contains what is believed to be the earliest written expression of his views on Jews and anti-Semitism, was unveiled at a press conference in New York on Tuesday by the Simon Wiesenthal Center.
    Rabbi Marvin Hier said the letter, written in 1919, is "one of the most important documents in the entire history of the Third Reich."
    Wearing white gloves to protect the fragile, yellowing document, Hier, founder and dean of the Wiesenthal Center, pointed out what he considered to be the most significant phrase in the four-page, typed letter - the words "Entfernung der Juden," German for "removal of Jews" - which Hitler wrote must be the government's "final goal."

    http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...val/?hpt=hp_t1


  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    I am betting the art dealers who rejected his paintings early on were Jews and that is what got the ball rolling.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,071
    Richard Wagner was always in debt to Jewish moneylenders and bankers.

    Hitler once said to understand National Socialism one must understand Wagner.

    Trying to understand that is slightly like trying to know Manson by knowing Paul McCartney.

    Non the less part of the crooked path was started.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

    Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

    "If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    958
    My maternal grandmother was a Jew from Belarus (was Russia at the time). She grew up kind of on the border of Poland and Lithuania. One of her earliest memories was of Russian pogroms in her village, women being raped, babies heads being beaten into trees. Her father, my great grandfather was severely beaten during one of these as well. When Hitler took power in Germany and started slowly taking away the rights of Jews, my great grandfather feared there would be another wave of pogroms in Europe and decided to get out. Oddly enough, the only way to get out was through Germany. The United States did not want Jewish and Eastern European immigrants swarming them anymore then they already had so they put a low cap on them immigrating...Germans, on the other hand could come in much easier. My great grandmother was a German Jew by birth. My great grandmother brought them to Germany and they left by 1934 to Brooklyn. Of the small Belarusian village where my grandmother grew up, the only members of her family to survive the war were the ones who left. My grandmother, her parents, my grandmother's brother, one uncle and one grandmother (my great great grandmother)...Everyone else died in 1941 after the Germans invaded Russia.
    My grandmother's childhood friend was in the Sobibor death camp, she was later transferred to Dachu, I believe, to work slave labor. Her whole family died at Sobibor. Her parents and sister. So after the war, she came to live with my grandmother's family. She used to babysit me as a child. She was convinced one day the Nazis would come back and get her. She was raped by Eastern European guards, as was her sister before she died. Forced into slave labor etc. She told us that my grandmother's family had either been shot into mass graves in the forest (the young men and boys who could fight) or sent to Sobibor and gassed upon arrival (women, children and the elderly mostly).

    It really leaves scars for generations on people. And with all his excuses about "Wealthy" Jewish "money lenders", my grandmother's family were poor as dirt farmers. So he can go f*$* himself.

    May this piece of garbage burn in hell in the most painful of all ways for all of eternity.
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 06-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    958
    And may I add we should never forget the victims of any genocide, because there have been many before and since WWII. The African slave trade was genocide, the elimination of Native American people was genocide and it goes on and on, Armenia etc....And since WWII, what about Rwanda, Darfur in the Sudan, the Congo, Bosnia...This is one sick world.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    My maternal grandmother was a Jew from Belarus (was Russia at the time). She grew up kind of on the border of Poland and Lithuania. One of her earliest memories was of Russian pogroms in her village, women being raped, babies heads being beaten into trees. Her father, my great grandfather was severely beaten during one of these as well. When Hitler took power in Germany and started slowly taking away the rights of Jews, my great grandfather feared there would be another wave of pogroms in Europe and decided to get out. Oddly enough, the only way to get out was through Germany. The United States did not want Jewish and Eastern European immigrants swarming them anymore then they already had so they put a low cap on them immigrating...Germans, on the other hand could come in much easier. My great grandmother was a German Jew by birth. My great grandmother brought them to Germany and they left by 1934 to Brooklyn. Of the small Belarusian village where my grandmother grew up, the only members of her family to survive the war were the ones who left. My grandmother, her parents, my grandmother's brother, one uncle and one grandmother (my great great grandmother)...Everyone else died in 1941 after the Germans invaded Russia.
    My grandmother's childhood friend was in the Sobibor death camp, she was later transferred to Dachu, I believe, to work slave labor. Her whole family died at Sobibor. Her parents and sister. So after the war, she came to live with my grandmother's family. She used to babysit me as a child. She was convinced one day the Nazis would come back and get her. She was raped by Eastern European guards, as was her sister before she died. Forced into slave labor etc. She told us that my grandmother's family had either been shot into mass graves in the forest (the young men and boys who could fight) or sent to Sobibor and gassed upon arrival (women, children and the elderly mostly).

    It really leaves scars for generations on people. And with all his excuses about "Wealthy" Jewish "money lenders", my grandmother's family were poor as dirt farmers. So he can go f*$* himself.

    May this piece of garbage burn in hell in the most painful of all ways for all of eternity.
    Thank you for sharing. And keep sharing this story, please. The only way to prevent is to never forget.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Witness protection program
    Posts
    826

    adolf hitler

    Having been all over Europe especially Eastern Europe and Russia it is amazing to hear all the accounts I have from people who fought or were civilians.Hitler definately had a hate on for the Jews and after writing Mein Kampf for the life of me I can not understand how anyone thought he would do anything differently when he came to power.He actually laid out the whole plan including annexing Ukraine's fertile farms and the Jewish situation.Talk about showing your hand?????And no one does shit.............Stalin excuse me but most forests are full of the tens of millions he slaughtered of his own people Preists,women,children,Generals,factory workers even most of his dead wife's family were killed or sent to the gulags until they died.He was a savage cruel piece of shit.This guy was studying to become a Preist when he found Bolshevism.The whole country was operated on fear tactics and to this day you can see old people are scared shitless of police or any sign of authority it is so sad to see.Stalin killed to keep every one off balance in challenging him so whether you were Russian a Jew,Ukrainian anybody you died or went to the Gulag he had no compunction.He actually sat and used to make colored pencil marks next to peoples names whether they were to be shot,tortured then shot or sent to die in the Gulags he enjoyed the misery he applied at micromanaging and getting his arms full of blood.Hitler no saint as well was not one to want to know details or be advised any more than necessary about his evils.He took no personal pleasure from doing the horrible with the exception of the Jews.Nor did he visit upon his people arbitrary violence and death by the Gestapo you actually had to have comitted a crime in Germany again a completely different style of dictatorship.We in the West that were allies were part of the cover up of Stalin's crimes because we were both fighting Germany.Be it as it may as hard as we fought in Africa and Europe 75 % of the war and killing happened on Russian soil and Stalin had no problem wasting Russian soldiers lives street fighting in Berlin where Eisenhower predicted we could lose 250,000 men in the ugly situation to take over a bombed out city then hand it back to Stalin.Stalin on the other hand wanted Berlin as the prize.Russia lost so many men that women had an impossible time finding a husband and the men that came back started a tradition in that time of befreinding other women and helping them while actually more or less serving as a mistress as well.Some men had multiple families even.In Germany things were tough but my Father who was there during and after the war said slowly the Allies mainly UK and USA made things liveable where as it took another generation in Russia to put things on track.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto View Post
    Having been all over Europe especially Eastern Europe and Russia it is amazing to hear all the accounts I have from people who fought or were civilians.Hitler definately had a hate on for the Jews and after writing Mein Kampf for the life of me I can not understand how anyone thought he would do anything differently when he came to power.He actually laid out the whole plan including annexing Ukraine's fertile farms and the Jewish situation.Talk about showing your hand?????And no one does shit.............Stalin excuse me but most forests are full of the tens of millions he slaughtered of his own people Preists,women,children,Generals,factory workers even most of his dead wife's family were killed or sent to the gulags until they died.He was a savage cruel piece of shit.This guy was studying to become a Preist when he found Bolshevism.The whole country was operated on fear tactics and to this day you can see old people are scared shitless of police or any sign of authority it is so sad to see.Stalin killed to keep every one off balance in challenging him so whether you were Russian a Jew,Ukrainian anybody you died or went to the Gulag he had no compunction.He actually sat and used to make colored pencil marks next to peoples names whether they were to be shot,tortured then shot or sent to die in the Gulags he enjoyed the misery he applied at micromanaging and getting his arms full of blood.Hitler no saint as well was not one to want to know details or be advised any more than necessary about his evils.He took no personal pleasure from doing the horrible with the exception of the Jews.Nor did he visit upon his people arbitrary violence and death by the Gestapo you actually had to have comitted a crime in Germany again a completely different style of dictatorship.We in the West that were allies were part of the cover up of Stalin's crimes because we were both fighting Germany.Be it as it may as hard as we fought in Africa and Europe 75 % of the war and killing happened on Russian soil and Stalin had no problem wasting Russian soldiers lives street fighting in Berlin where Eisenhower predicted we could lose 250,000 men in the ugly situation to take over a bombed out city then hand it back to Stalin.Stalin on the other hand wanted Berlin as the prize.Russia lost so many men that women had an impossible time finding a husband and the men that came back started a tradition in that time of befreinding other women and helping them while actually more or less serving as a mistress as well.Some men had multiple families even.In Germany things were tough but my Father who was there during and after the war said slowly the Allies mainly UK and USA made things liveable where as it took another generation in Russia to put things on track.

    Yes, Stalin was an evil S.O.B. my great grandfather was FORCED to fight in the Russian Revolution. The U.S. has a history of being friendly to dictators who serve their own purpose for the moment. Nothing new on our end. When reading Marx and Engels view of communism it was nothing like what it was distorted into by Stalin and since then, other communist countries. It's quite sad what was done with an idea really just invented to create an equal society without poverty.

    Also, remember that what was considered a "crime" in Germany changed under Hitler...Just bad mouthing the Nazis was a crime...And if overheard, could get you sent to a concentration camp, even if you were a purely "Aryan" German. Hitler also abandoned his beloved "Aryan" Germans to be subjected to the invading Soviet army, mass rapes of German women were common in Berlin under the Red Army as "retribution" for the war in the east. So, in this way, he did either enjoy or allow his own people to suffer. I think he did enjoy the suffering of the Jews and others he killed. Psychopath pure and simple.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Witness protection program
    Posts
    826
    No question Guilty as the war progressed and everyone can see what an old man Hitler was at 58 in 1945 and with parkinsons he had abadoned any idea that the German people would have to suffer the onslaught he created and boy did they.And yes talking bad about the party or it's higher ups was punishable you were not "put up against the wall" unless you were a radical that had an agenda none the less it was a police state.Where in Russia was your Grandfather from?

  31. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    958
    Morto, My grandmother came from Dziatlava in modern Belarus.

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Witness protection program
    Posts
    826

    Angry Adolf hitler

    Well that certainly explains why your Grandmother's family dissapeared I think out of all the places in the Eastern front Belarus's Jews and people in general suffered more than most areas next to Ukraine.It's a shame there are abandoned towns all over that were home to many Jews and unless someone immigrated before the war no one virtually is left.Sad to try to comprehend.Thanks

  33. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    Richard Wagner was always in debt to Jewish moneylenders and bankers.

    Hitler once said to understand National Socialism one must understand Wagner.

    Trying to understand that is slightly like trying to know Manson by knowing Paul McCartney.

    Non the less part of the crooked path was started.
    What this post means is that Hitlers irrational anti-Semitism seems to have sprung from Wagners personal animosity in business deals he got himself into,that and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion forgeries.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

    Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

    "If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

  34. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Witness protection program
    Posts
    826
    That's some crazy shit but hey Wagner was his idol

  35. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,071
    After a fair study of Wagner,I can find no other real reason for Wagners attack on the Jews except him having to constantly skip town over his debts.

    Many Jewish conductors,musicians,and critics were essential to his success. What a ingrate.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

    Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

    "If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ethernet--aka seattle based
    Posts
    2,801
    If anyone gets to DC, spend some time at the Holocaust Museum.
    It will profoundly impact you.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

  37. #187
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Witness protection program
    Posts
    826
    Johnny I was there with the ex and she would not go we were literally outside the building.She said our kids would be traumatized I said our kids need to know what really happens in this world.Needless to say she is my ex now....lol.I want very much to go and experience the message I have heard it changes you literally.

  38. #188
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto View Post
    Johnny I was there with the ex and she would not go we were literally outside the building.She said our kids would be traumatized I said our kids need to know what really happens in this world.Needless to say she is my ex now....lol.I want very much to go and experience the message I have heard it changes you literally.
    They do a very good job of making it personal. When I went you got either a star of David or a pink or black triangle ( homosexual or gypsy) with the name and number of real person on it.then you get updates on them as you go through the exhibit and then at the end you find out if they lived or died and what became of them, the kids and grandkids they had after war and what would have been lost had they died. Very personal. I think kids would totally get it and take it the right way.
    Regards,
    Mary

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,096

    From the desk of the Fuehrer

    This is pretty cool. The late and former CIA director Richard Helms wrote a note to his then 3 year old son, Dennis, on May 8 1945...VE Day. Helms penned the note on Hitler's stationary. Here's the story with a pic of the note, which is a relatively new artifact in the CIA's private museum:
    http://news.yahoo.com/desk-fuehrer-004700702.html
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  40. #190
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised to find a Hitler thread. I find this era in history fascinating and devour the WW2 documentaries.

    Here's some pics from his private home. The pic of the large room is one I have seen on TV, only in black and white.

    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/inside-...270-slideshow/

    And here's an article about the recent discovery of paintings belonging to Hitler during wartime.

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...184351309.html

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Goettingen, Germany
    Posts
    4,597
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised to find a Hitler thread. I find this era in history fascinating and devour the WW2 documentaries.

    Here's some pics from his private home. The pic of the large room is one I have seen on TV, only in black and white.

    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/inside-...270-slideshow/

    And here's an article about the recent discovery of paintings belonging to Hitler during wartime.

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...184351309.html
    Oh gosh, you would love German TV. There is some kind of documentary on about Hilter, the Nazis, or World War II on almost every day. Plus I have a basement flat (ok the front is a ground level, the house is kind of built into a hill). So if we close the drapes and stock up on beer and pretzels beforehand, we could just hunker down on the couch and enjoy a couple of weeks of bunker atmosphere.

    I've been near the site of the Fueherbunker in Berlin. There is of course nothing there anymore. Fittingly enough, in my opinion, they built the National Holocaust Memorial almost on top of it. Nice way to say "in your face Adolf, you sick twisted old hateful fuck".

    There are tours you can take of some of the old air raid shelters and some of the above ground ones have been converted into apartment houses. When I was there a couple of years ago with the kids, they were also doing excavation for some kind of a museum at the site of the main Gestapo prison in Berlin.



    You be careful out among them English.
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009366909869

  42. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    The views from the Berghoff are stunning. Wish I had a pad like that.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  43. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudddae View Post
    WARNING: This film contains graphic imagery. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/camp/view/
    My husband is Jewish and my 2 sons are half Jewish. Makes me sick.

  44. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    And may I add we should never forget the victims of any genocide, because there have been many before and since WWII. The African slave trade was genocide, the elimination of Native American people was genocide and it goes on and on, Armenia etc....And since WWII, what about Rwanda, Darfur in the Sudan, the Congo, Bosnia...This is one sick world.
    Very true, thanks for sharing your family story.

  45. #195
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    The African slave trade wasn't genocide. It was mass enslavement. There was no plan to systematically kill off the entire populations of these countries from whence the slaves were taken.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 03-01-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  46. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,804
    Well if you believe some of the people spouting off up here, even residential schools qualified as genocide.


    ANYWAYS......

    The tombstone marking the burial plot of Hitler's parents Alois and Klara has been removed to eliminate its use as a white supremacy shrine.


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17562615
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  47. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    313

  48. #198
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Swadlincote, Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    160
    Imagine finding out that you were Hitler's love child and actually revealing it to a newspaper!

    The gutter press over here in the UK would put the whole country on Red Alert, and you wouldn't last very long.

    A contract would be out on your life immediately.

  49. #199
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Disgusting state of NJ
    Posts
    3,399
    Another thing NJ can be proud of. We possess the toilet of Adolph Hitler.

    http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/22714
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

  50. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    Nasty
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •