Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accessing the Site with Cell Phones

Accessing the Site with Cell Phones

I really love these forums, but gosh darn it! I can't make posts from my phone on these particular forums. (I can log in, and read. Just can't respond to posts/create posts.) Funny, because I'm able to on other forums on the 'net. I was wondering how easy it would be to make these boards compatible with Sidekick devices? That would be AWESOME! Especially during times when I don't have internet at home due to hurricanes, or *eh-em* moving *eh-em* and the only way I can get online is via my cell (especially right now, unless I'm at school or a family member's comp.) Just sayin'... So would this suggestion be possible?

We have members here who post from their cell phones. Maybe you should look at your phones options.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    We have members here who post from their cell phones. Maybe you should look at your phones options.
    Trust me; it's not my phone. It's set up properly. I'm able to post on other internet forums from my phone. Not sure why I can't post to this one. (And this is my favorite one, of all of the ones I belong to. Figures. LOL)

I think Mrs James Dean posts from her iphone here.

Do the other forums say this at the bottom or something else?

"Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2"

It might have something to do with your phone's software (function) compatibility with the type of forum software we've got here? If that's the case it may be why you're able to navigate but not post.

Anyone else here have the same phone as Tiny to try it out?

Life goes on.

Unhappy I figured out how to post messages from my phone!

S*m*r*t!
    I figured out how to post messages from my phone! Yay! I deserve *another* mountain dew!
    hey baby, want some adam west penis?

ahh boo but it won't show my pix by my name. Now im only half smart

Wait... you can send messages from your phone? That's all I need another addiction. And I just got a new cell with a flip out keyboard!
    “What will I be doing in twenty years' time?
    I'll be dead, darling!
    Are you crazy?”

-Freddie Mercury

you go with your bad self, Jenna!!

Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    Wait... you can send messages from your phone? That's all I need another addiction. And I just got a new cell with a flip out keyboard!
    *nods* you shur can! Now you can post from *everywhere*!!! What's kinda phone you got? I got a sidekick slide

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    watch your phone bill!!!!!
    Good thing I got unlimited internet! But id really prefer normal internet on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jenna_VonDoom View Post
    *nods* you shur can! Now you can post from *everywhere*!!! What's kinda phone you got? I got a sidekick slide
    I think I have a rant phone. I have unlimited net. Now to learn how to do it I am sure my fiance would love me typing away when we go out for dates. LOL
    “What will I be doing in twenty years' time?
    I'll be dead, darling!
    Are you crazy?”

-Freddie Mercury

Jenna...I heart you...

S*m*r*t!
    I figured out how to post messages from my phone! Yay! I deserve *another* mountain dew!
    Sounds dangerous, you better give me your number just to be safe.

sure you can...as long as you have internet, you can post!! I sent another fad hag a message while I was on Scott's tour ...just to rub it in!! of course!!!

I have a Sidekick also, and would like to know: How the heck do you post on here?

Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    I have a Sidekick also, and would like to know: How the heck do you post on here?
    Ok its not to hard but it took me a few days to figure out. Go to options in your profile thingy and scroll all the way down and it gives you an option on how to post messages. It automaticaly choses advance. Pick basic message format. Then you can post on your sidekick!
    I like my slide but im ready for a new phone. Like the G1. No phone lasts me a year. Everytime I see a new one I want it. Heh, what does that say about me? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    I think I have a rant phone. I have unlimited net. Now to learn how to do it I am sure my fiance would love me typing away when we go out for dates. LOL
    It drives my boyfriend and mom nuts. So I do it more on purpose!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Sounds dangerous, you better give me your number just to be safe.
    Whoa your right it prolly *is* dangerous! Your a good person trying to protect me!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Jenna...I heart you...

Whoa your right it prolly *is* dangerous! Your a good person trying to protect me!
    All in a days work.

i'm posting from the wii. not as cool as the phone but i'm thrilled!

*whao* you can post from the wii?! Now *that* is kool! So it hooks up to the internet? Does the xbox 360 do that too? Ok you totally win!

...do you have animal crossing? And if so can I go play?

My kiddo has a PSP...You can get on here but I have one HECK of a time tryin to post...It says there isn't enough memory to post...If it can get on FAD then WHY can't I post...

S*m*r*t!
    YAY, cancer next?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    My kiddo has a PSP...You can get on here but I have one HECK of a time tryin to post...It says there isn't enough memory to post...If it can get on FAD then WHY can't I post...
    I use to have a psp and I had such a hard time with the internet! Why would it need memory to post? That intwernet thingy was much to complicated. Or mayb I didn't know what I was doing. Eithr way tho!

Thumbs up

Ok its not to hard but it took me a few days to figure out. Go to options in your profile thingy and scroll all the way down and it gives you an option on how to post messages. It automaticaly choses advance. Pick basic message format. Then you can post on your sidekick!
    I like my slide but im ready for a new phone. Like the G1. No phone lasts me a year. Everytime I see a new one I want it. Heh, what does that say about me? Lol!
    This is awesome! Thanks! Who needs a computer now?

PS: I posted this from my phone. Hee-hee!

Thanks (((((((jenna_VonDoom)))))))

I`m boring.....all I want my phone to do is * gasp * call people, and let people call me.....we will converse voice to voice and perchance share a smile or 2 with no misunderstandings, and without benefit of emoticons....

Help with site on my phone

Does anyone access this site on a cell phone? The forum is showing up exactly as it would if I was on the computer but, I can't get the directory page to load on the main website. It shows names but when I click on one the next page I can't go any further down than the photo.

Please help.
    ♥♥♥

Huh... I can access the site with my Blackberry, but when i try to reply to a post it says "you must enter a title/subject" and there isn't anyplace to put a title/subject.....
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

I can access the site but every time I click a thread it always sends me to amazon via the banner. I need to use the tip of a pen no matter how much I enlarge the screen. I have an andriod and its a real pain so I try to not come to the site using my phone. Ive talked Verizon about this and they just say to enlarge the screen. No help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    I can access the site but every time I click a thread it always sends me to amazon via the banner. I need to use the tip of a pen no matter how much I enlarge the screen. I have an andriod and its a real pain so I try to not come to the site using my phone. Ive talked Verizon about this and they just say to enlarge the screen. No help at all.
    So even if you enlarge the screen and hit say "Your notifications" it still takes you to the amazon link? Thats strange. With the exception of some stuff on my mod panel, I can navigate the forum here fine on Iphone. Maybe you should try to find a internet browser app

The amazon link isn't showing up on mine any longer. There is just an empty space there.

I still can't access the death profiles on the main site past the first photo. I haven't had too many issues with posting. The main one is, it takes longer to read and I can't post photos. Or copy and paste info to start threads.

I've had to type everything out. Then my phone will lock up and I'll lose everything I just typed. Rrrr.
    ♥♥♥

Some of you will only see a blank area most of the time when you look at the banner space. This is only temporary. I apologize for the unused space before the content.

- This is from Nick in the Amazon banner thread. I dont know if youve seen it.

Thanks Forever-27, I hadn't seen that post. I was wondering what happened to the banner.
    ♥♥♥

Jefe Ive had this problem since I got my phone for christmas. It always clocks the amazon link. Its diffuicult to do but yes after messing with it it will go to the various threads.

Ill enlarge the screen since I have large fingers and try to click say .... EVERYTHING ELSE , it will instantly go to the amazon link. I have to reverse arrow out of it, the amazon link backs out and returns to the fad screen. I need to go find a pen or pencil and click the EVERYTHING ELSE that way. It reeks havic on my phone.

I had the same prob but thought it was my big ass fingers on a tiny screen.

I'll put in a mobile skin this weekend. It will be missing some functionality, but it'll get you around the forums just fine.

Works great now, thanks nick, for whatever you did.

In revent months my phone went blank. I had FAD and the forum bookmarked. Clicked on the bookmarked forum and got a blank screen. I figured it was the carrier, the phone or something else so I didnt pay it any mind. It always comes up a blank screen so I thought it was probably the phone. Ive had it about 3 years so I thought it was time for an update. I called T Mobile and asked what they can do for me. They sent me a free updated phone. I have a Galaxay S andriod now and just took it out of the box. I rebookmarked the FAD forum like I had on my last driod and still get a blank page. The phone is brand new, got it yesterday. The other bookmarks come up fast and great but the fad forum is a total blank. It woks for Scotts main site but I cant access it from the link on the FAD homepage.
    I can only access the forum on my home pc.

Ideas wtf is going on ?
    Last edited by Forever-27; 07-14-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    In revent months my phone went blank. I had FAD and the forum bookmarked. Clicked on the bookmarked forum and got a blank screen. I figured it was the carrier, the phone or something else so I didnt pay it any mind. It always comes up a blank screen so I thought it was probably the phone. Ive had it about 3 years so I thought it was time for an update. I called T Mobile and asked what they can do for me. They sent me a free updated phone. I have a Galaxay S andriod now and just took it out of the box. I rebookmarked the FAD forum like I had on my last driod and still get a blank page. The phone is brand new, got it yesterday. The other bookmarks come up fast and great but the fad forum is a total blank. It woks for Scotts main site but I cant access it from the link on the FAD homepage.
    I can only access the forum on my home pc.

Ideas wtf is going on ?
    Here ya go, F27. Just scroll up once you get there:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...86#post1296586

Didnt work for me.

im on the horn with T Mobile now. The girl at their tech support first said it was my brouser. The phone comes with Google ( ive always hated google but what the hell ... ) She suggested I download Mozilla Firefox and use that instead. I did and its still a blank screen for me. The chick tried it on her T Mobile phone also. She got to Scotts site homepage and clicked the forums link and got the same blank screen I did. So shes going to call me in about an hour, she asked me to go to Barnes and Noboles or a McDonalds ... free wi-fi service.

I will hit the McDonalds, buy breakfast and wait for her to call me back. If the forum appears using the McDonalds free wi-fi, its a issue with my phone, if the forum dosent come up , she tells me its a website issue.

I had my other driod and maybe a month or so this problem came up. Just figured its an old phone and these things happen. So im going to see if the website was changed or if its an issue with my phone.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 07-15-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Ok

They had me go to the free wi-fi McDonalds to see if it was my phone, their system or the website itself.

Its the website.

Just one of thoes sucky things I have to learn to live with.

If you delete amy old forum bookmarks, clear your phone's cookies and cache, restart it, then hit that link I posted in the other thread, does it work?

No

T Mobile says something in the forum software was recently changed and the phone dosent recognize it. The tech support rep tried to access the forum on her T Mobile phone too and couldnt either. I read what you posted in the other thread , she did it and it didnt open for the tech either.

The phone is brand new out of the box, I opened it less then 24 hours ago. Theres no data in the cookies for the most part. Ive used it once even.

Yeah, but once you came here, it placed cookies and the past version of the oage you viewed in your browser's memory. So until that stuff is cleared, hitting that link I posted in the other thread won't work. Pain in the ass, that is, right? Yeah. But it's worked for all of us this has happened to. C'maaaaaan, try it

Life goes on.

Really diggin' the simplicity of the latest mobile version, and how it looks and works on my new phone.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Really diggin' the simplicity of the latest mobile version, and how it looks and works on my new phone.
    I just tried it out on my phone, looks great and it is much easier to use.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.